Anyone get muscle spasms in ear like eyelid twitch

Posted , 5 users are following.

anyone get what feels like an eyelid twitch but in the ear. Eradrum twitch. Tends to occur while asleep awakens me. Just recent. I cant tell if its sleeping position, allergies a little, stress? Im actually using magnessium so i thought it was strange it would happen. Scares the daylights out of me. 

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, I am new to this disscussion. I have been suffering from anxeity for months now. I have all kinds of sympthoms that make me even more anxeisous. 

I feel:

tingling in left arm

sometimes in left leg/foot

my eyelid twitchs

sometimes chest pains

heart beat fluttering

lightheaded

Trouble staying asleep

I have gone to dr. they say anxeity I am seeing a thereapist. 

However I am convienced I have MS or Parkinson. 

• Posted

Hi there,

Could you start your own discussion about this then people who use this site will know it's there - otherwise you may not get many comments because this is Lisa's discussion

I'm not telling you off!!! Just click on Start Your Own Discussion and write what you've put here.

BTW all your symptoms sound like anxiety - but have you had an MRI scan  of the brain, just to check?

Love Tess

• Posted

Well it wasnt the magnessium im on the second day of some cold viral thing. All congested feeling like poop and naseaus on top of it,  I thought since its summer this stuff stopped going on around already. Ugh.
  • Posted

Congested and feeling aick. Ugh. On day two. I have no clue why that went into moderstaion.
    • Posted

Not sure it allergy related. My stomach is in in this too. I Usuall dont get this reapiratory stuff twice within three months. Im very bad with the netti pot haha. I cant tell if its a cold or a bit more then that. Hopefully it will run its course really fast and leave me alone. It explains the other stuff at least. 
  • Posted

It's funny but reading this I thought 'I've never experienced this with my anxiety' and I've experienced almost everything else. Then last night out of the blue I woke up and I experienced it. Strange or what probably coincidence but yes I can say I've experienced this too. It only went on for about a minute or so sometimes 1 then a large gap then another and sometimes it was quicker with less of a gap in between.
  • Posted

This is a bad cold ugh. Got those lymph bump on the neck and the whole works here. Feeling week and head gets strange, Tip of my nose is tingling .  My doc called me in antibiotics if i needed them as i had a sinus infection last month. I dont want to use them unless i have no choice. He wanted me wait a few days anyway. Its only been a solid day in an half  of congestion. Went to find an ice pack and ended slitting my thumb on some kind of chopper.didnt even know i had one. Too sick to care i duct tapped the open cut. Its midnight here so im anxious, feeling sick and just me, myself and i. So weird to get such a cold in june. Usually end up with one of these colds every other year but in the winter..and i know it heals in week at best. Took some motrin for the headache and face. Tinnitus is going but clearly i can realize that from the cold.  Usually not such a whimp.just really not feeling well. Cant take decongestants raises the bp too high so here i lay and complain. I have used all the alternative stuff i have..nice everyone is happily asleep whilst i lay here miserable. Im just venting. 
    • Posted

You poor thing!

How are you feeling today? Its winter in Aussie and those nasty bugs are going around. Im waiting to catch one as everyone is sick at work, fingers crossed I don't!

It's hard to manage having a simple flu/cold or virus when you have anxiety, all the symptoms seem to be much worse! Tinnitus becomes more noticable, every ache or pain is magnified and you feel darn right terrible.

Health anxiety is terrible when it comes to these sorts of situations. Just remember, it will pass and you will feel better soon. You just have to ride it out.

You're doing great and just keep breathing!

Xx

• Posted

Thank you i know that so true as i am all congested and the tinnitus ahh can hear all different sounds of tinnitus, its fluid and my blood rushing about. Ew dont like it. is aggravating me. I Know this passes with every cell in body and yet..go figure the anxiety happens. Its like my own built in bully. Thank you for your kind words thiugh. I do appreaciate it a lot! The mind is getting in the way here. It was so much easier when i never cared about this stuff. 
    • Posted

Yeah, I say the same thing. Wish we had an on/off switch in the brain 😞
  • Posted

It's been about 3 weeks, and my right eylid won't stop twtiching. I googled, which is the worst I can do with my anxiety. But it says most commen are stress, tired, or caffnie. Its just freaking me out and stressing me more. And it makes my anxiety even worse. 

• Posted

Hi Magali,

I used to get that all the time. I realised it was due to dehydration and stress. I started taking magnesium tablets and managed my stress and I no longer get them.

Are you taking prescription tablets, this sometimes can dehydrate you so have plenty of water and I would recommend taking a multivitamin or just magniesium tablets and see how you go.

If all else fails, see the doc to get checked out 😊

• Posted

I drink water all day everyday.

I am not in any medication .

I do take supplements but non indicate it would cause this. I feel really fusterated.

It twitches everyday for the past month.

• Posted

I am going Friday morning.

I did have a mri done at the beginning of the yes n it came out normal.

Last night was awful. I was up at 2am n was not able to fall back to sleep.

But the weird ting is that my eye has not twitched once do at today. It's 2pm where I am so let's see how the rest of the day goes.

• Posted

Thats a good thing. I know its hard but try and keep super busy and try not to think about your eye lid twitching. The more you think about it the more you will convince yourself it will come on and so it will.

Also, I think they can give you something to help your muscles to relax??. Its great that your MRI came back fine, thats a big win!

Have you tried anti-depressants, this might help?

Try yoga if not already. You have to go regularly to get the benefits. Don't be affraid of it, once you stop being affraid then your mind and body wont find it a threat and will adjust itself or even go away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.