anyone have problems with" chin hairs" i didnt even know i had them until my grandkid plucked them

Posted , 16 users are following.

I was riding in the backseat with my grandaughter and she yanked one out, then she found 2 more...i hate this, they grow so fast, i told my hubby i should just string them with beads...will this go away :-(

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh yes they're lovely aren't they!! I have a couple of hairs that I have to keep an eye on.
  • Posted

Sorry she I, but this just made me laugh:-) ! Grandkids - they are so funny!

I suppose I've got some chin hairs but they're natural blonde, and pluck them as and when ( but don't go thinking Ulrika Johnson.... think more Boris Johnson:-) !!).

But I do confess to getting this really annoyingly long nipple hair that I can feel tickling my inner arm when I lift my arm to my face, topless of course! Me and the ol' man find it amusing: think the longest i've left it to grow is about 3" unravelled!

We won't even go there with leg shaving: I'm really a fair-weather friend in that regard but when I finally condescend to shave them (around Easter generally!), even I'm amazed at how long - not thick thankfully! - they are. And of course, blonde....phew!!!

Young girls would be truly mortified if they really knew what was in store for them!!:-)

Sx

• Posted

I love it when my LO asks what are all those lines on my forehead! ;-)
  • Posted

Oooo yes 😄 welcome to our world !! Seemingly we're told.....our pituitary glands are looking for the oestrogen( which of course we're not making too much of anymore )  in our bodies, and sends out a follicle stimulant to find it !! Which results in hairs growing in the most OBSCURE  places!! Really God...that's some wierd design fault !!! 

Head for the beauty therapist honey...they can laser the perishers off permanently !!!!

😄 xxxxx💝

• Posted

I've had a "moustache" since my late teens and was horrified to get a full "beard" in my thirty's.

I pluck them out every few days - in a week I counted them, I counted 1200 + strong dark brown little buggers. (there are some grey ones too, which are sooooo thick and strong)

In my forty's I had tests for polycystic overies, but nothing was confirmed.

8 years ago I had 7 sessions of lasering at full strength.

In the last 4 years, most have grown back (I had the lasering done at a clinic in our hospital)

If I don't have time I razor them off, before going out etc.

I was told that hair removing creams distort the hair follacle and so lasering is not so successful.

I can't use hair remover cream etc now as I've tried them all and they all give me horrid rashes.

• Posted

Just to add - my mum had some, not as many as me, she had them right up until the day she died at 78
  • Posted

Once in a while I have chin hair I just shave it off with a razor it will stop
    • Posted

Very brave lol  the hairs on the chin feel more prickly when they pop through the skin than when they get to 2mm
  • Posted

yeah, me too, all of a sudden i am nearly completely grey on top, as well as it falling out and then they start to sprout on my chin, how unfair is this lol. Oh well, only thing for it magnifying mirror and tweezers, don't fancy growing a beard, love and light to you x
    • Posted

hi buddah girl

my hair kept coming out and i take Kelp capsules 1000mg .. a doctor suggested it years ago,and now its thick and glossy and nails are great too.

i stopped taking them last year and a month later hair coming out in plug hole and brush scarily loads, restarted Kelp and all okay again, takes a few weeks to stop the hair loss, but really works ..

jay x

• Posted

I am going to try this. Any side effects?

• Posted

hi monieet

no .. no side effects . not for me anyway..

helps thyroid function too .. been on it since 2011 then thought last year i would stop as may not need it anymore., ' wrong ' hair was coming out in clumps after i stopped, it was quite scary .. 

i get mine from simply supplements its high strength 1000mg Kelp 

dont know where you live but i will PM you the link 

jay x

• Posted

thanks for that, i bought some the other day, what a coincidence! so good to know you have had great results, i shall look forward to having great hair again, stay beautiful, love and light to you x
    • Posted

Hi hun

Let us know how u get on with it, it takes a few weeks to fuly get working, but it really works.. 

My hair hasnt come out at all, apart from the normal straddler .. Since restarting Kelp.. 

take it daily no missing 😃

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.