Back ache.

Posted , 7 users are following.

A few months ago i had a drink and i woke up feeling sick during the night and i was sick. I kept feeling sick on and off for a few weeks. I then started having upper right back ache and burping after eating. The back ache is in the same place most days and the last week i have a feeling like i can't breath properly. I had all my bloods done 2 weeks ago and they were fine.

I didn't have much to eat this morning and i didn't feel too bad. I had some tea and then my stomach had weird uncomfortable pains and my back was awful again. Also some nights in bed i have been sweating and feeling like my whole upper chest was hot inside.

I had an endoscopy a few years ago and i had mild gastritis so i took omerazapole for 12 months. 

Just wondering if this sounds like a stomach issue

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Dianne,

I'd be visiting my doctor. Maybe keep a diary of what you eat and drink - and what triggers making you feel this way. Caffiene (as in tea) could trigger reflux - and if you had eaten a light fat free breakfast - then it would be the drink of tea that would upset you! I'd get it checked out!

• Posted

Does this sound like a stomach issue because the feeling like i can't breath and pain in my back i was thinking it was my lung. I haven't had the breathing issue today though.
  • Posted

Does this sound like a stomach issue because the feeling like i can't breath and pain in my back i was thinking it was my lung. I haven't had the breathing issue today though. By the way i didn't mean a drink of tea i meant my tea as in a meal.
    • Posted

It could be. No harm in checking out with your doctor. Your stomach can create pains in the most unusual areas. I had jaw pain that was caused by my hiatus hernia pressing on my vagus nerve! Had no idea that could happen! You could have eaten something to trigger your pains if you look up what can trigger reflux the list is looong and I don't eat or drink anything on that list anymore. BOO,
  • Posted

Went docs yesterday and he said i have GERD and gave me lanserapole. How does this cause constant right side shoulder ache? I told him my fears that it's lung cancer and he looked at me like i was silly and said i wouldn't worry as all my bloods etc are fine.
    • Posted

Hi Dianne, 

I think your bloods would show abnormal cell changes with cancer - that's why they are not concerned with that. I'd see how you go with your meds - they take a couple of weeks to really get into your system and get to work. I can't tolerate them - but a lot of people find them wonderful. If you continue to have problems I would go back and maybe discuss an endoscopy to really see whats going on! It was this that proved I had a hiatus hernia - and they can cause shoulder & chest pain.

• Posted

The first time i had an endoscopy about 7 yrs ago i had an hiatus hernia but when i had another endoscopy in 2009 it had gone but i had mild gastritis.
    • Posted

Mine is smaller than it was. The radiographer and my GP said that the size can vary from time to time
  • Posted

What symptoms does an hiatus hernia cause?

All my right side doesn't feel right from my neck down. Plus the horrid feeling like i am not getting a full breath in the bottom of my throat in the bit at the bottom of your neck that you can put your fingers in (sorry don't know the medical term for it ha)

How long does it take for lanserapole to work?

• Posted

Hi Dianne,

Hiatus hernia can cause you reflux problems - but can also cause chest pain, back pain, some people can mistake the pain for heart problems. Some people get palpitations. I don't think a hiatus hernia can disappear though! Lansoprazole in my case - took about a week before I felt the benefit.

• Posted

My pain feels more muscular on my right side, if i put my head down or tilt it to the left i can feel it pulling all down the right side of my spine. I have saw an osteopath and it still feels the same.

The weird feeling at the bottom of my throat is the thing that bothers me the most, it's like my airways restricted but i can obviously breath ok. But it's not like that everyday, some days it feels ok.

• Posted

hi!

Could be you have problems both with your back and your stomach. I think you need to see how the meds work and then take it from there.

• Posted

Only my 3rd day so i will see how it goes. Thanks for replying.
  • Posted

Hi, Dianne15921

I am going through almost the same thing, but I don't have breathing probleams.

I started having back pain on my upper back between my shoulder blades about a week ago, I now have upset stomach I can't eat. I am always burping. I am scared that it could be my heart.

• Posted

Hi I've never posted before I just look to see if anyone has the same symptoms as I'm having I have been having pain in my back just like you and it scares me to death I was on lamprazole 30th twice a day but now on  ranitidine150mg twice a day I had a berium swallow 6 years  ago and said mild acid reflux but for past couple of months I've been in agony with indigestion and now back pain I'm to scared to eat I've lived on porridge oats for 2 weeks so I know it's not what I'm eating I'm sick of the pain and feeling unwell all the time I also have agoraphobia and  panicky attacks which make things worse I just want to feel well  
    • Posted

I burp all the time and also get pain all over the place but particularly in my shoulder blades...it feels like a pulled muscle but when I rub it I burp.  It is trapped wind.  I have GERD.  the medication does help settle it but just temporarily.  been like this for a couple of years and only getting worse.  It's depressing and starting to effect my ability to enjoy life.  From what I can see there is not much we can do about it.  Diet and exercise might also help but there seems to be no cure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.