Bad indigestion for months now

Posted , 8 users are following.

So i've been experiencing really bad indigestion and heart burn for months now - almost on a daily basis. It normally comes on after eating something, and i get trapped wind im my shoulder blades, my back and my ribs. It is such a horrible uncomfortable feeling. My only relief from it if its really bad is making myself sick. I've had blood took at the doctors which was all fine. Theyve tried me on different tablets, one works for about a month then stopped working and the other made it worse. I really dont know what to do now, its getting unbareable, its making me just want to lie in bed because the pain and not do anything. Im a healthy eater and im active. Has anyone experienced this, I really need advice on how to get rid of this

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When I had this issue they said I had ulcers and some kind of really bad acid. Like tabs worked than stopped. But I found out I had hyperparathyroidism which caused my body to not regulate calcium properly and it began sucking it from my bones and also made it impossible to dissolve acid. Which so happens to be the main ingredient in anti acids. I know you said your blood checked out. But maybe have a 24 hour urine test done and a blood panel on your parathyroid gland.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor again and see if there is anymore tests they can do. It has ruined so many nights out or meals because i cant enjoy it with the pain

• Posted

When does the pain start? Is it just after eating the food, or after some hours? Do they start after you are awake in the morning? Is it loud rumbling sound?

• Posted

hey, its normally about an hour after eating. It doesnt happen all the time but most days i will eat something and it just triggers it but it doesnt do it with all foods

• Posted

Usually for the rest of the day on and off and if i eat more it makes it worse. I went to a gym class last night and before the class i had it really bad but the exercise seemed to take it away as if it moved the gas about which was weird.

• Posted

It could very well be the food you are eating. Consult a dietition for a proper diet.

• Posted

Yeah im starting to think i have an intolerance to somethings. Its weird because it could come on with a certain food one day but i could eat the same thing and it doesnt come on

• Posted

hi Amanda

i have been having pain in the abdomen since MAY 8. i woke up and my pain was like someone stab me in the gut . i ate bland foods and change ppi , numerous trip to the ER, gallbladder good, heart good, bacteria H Pilory neg, they change meds and im ok as long i eat bland food . im schedule to have a endoscopy at the end of the month . I have acid reflux and small HIATAL hernia.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! I am going to go back to the doctors. I hope your pain stays to a minimum

• Posted

You could try some milk which helps with heartburn first of all and try a food diary. Beyond that,you will need to keep going back to your doctor and if necessary change your doctor Ask for an endoscopy to look for conditions such as gastritis and h pylori. You may need an abdominal ultrasound/HIDA scan to check your gallbladder.

• Posted

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/abdominal-pain-is-finally-gone--711421

1 lb. ginger root, put in a plastic bag and smashed the hell out it with a rolling pin.

Put the smashed pieces in a large stew pot, 3/4 filled with water.

Let boil for an hour, it should taste real spicy.

Filter the tea and drink, I drank a cup of the tea each time, not the whole pot, hope it helps.

• Posted

I'm surprised your stomach was not on fire after drinking ginger! They say with reflux it's best to avoid anything spicy .

• Posted

My doctor couldn't find anything after tests and scans, said it was indigestion, prescribed Prilosec but didn't work, never found what the problem was but that tea saved me, haven't had any feelings of pain in my abdomen since.

• Posted

It's good that ginger helped you. Unfortunately for me, spicy and very fatty foods really irritate my stomach. Milk and OTC antacid work for me. My doctor put me on omeprazole years ago and that also helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.