Been ill since April

Posted , 5 users are following.

Back in April i had a very bad chest infection / pneumonia thought i was eventually picking up beginning July then went down hill again can only walk short distances out of breath everything i do had a blood test and thyroid is underactive but doctor wont do anything yet as he s referred me to a cardiologist for tests i am carrying water all over my body and legs and feet am on water tablets for that and inhalers for breathing i feel very tired the whole time and todayit feels like water running down my legs and tingling in hands and face mouth etc i really cant see an end to this its getting me down big style now i just want to curl up and sleep x

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Evening helen50835 I'm sorry your still not feeling good & not got any better! I agree with the Man who said go to the hospital straight away , please do before its too late & please if you can let us know how your getting on, their is definitely no time to Waste Xx

• Posted

Hi everyone i am sorry not spoke to you i went to the hospital last Thursday and they were great i remained in hospital a few days slept most of it they did alot of heart checks while there as one blood test did show up heart problems i was reassured i wasnt and havent had a heart attack my blood pressure was very high which has come down a bit now and heart rate has come down it was racing  my blood test for thyroid has been brought forward to this Thursday now as this is what the doctors seem to think the biggest problem is now underactive thyroid. i have relaxed and done nothing since leaving the hospital as i was told still very tired but hopefully get sorted this week x

• Posted

Hi helen78573. So Pleased to read that you've finally got seen too Great news Hi Hope all goes Well for you & that you will get the answers you need! Please keep us updated on how you get on if you can Wishing you a Good outcome, sleep Well & keep Well! Xx

• Posted

Hi just an update i had a blood test on Thursday i phoned for the doctors for the results and was told to make an appointment to see the doctor which i have done its on Wednessday and the following week for heart scan. hoping we get to bottom of all this i am still really tired water tablets seem to be working just need to try walking a bit further but cant at minute as when i do i am shattered have to stop rest and my back hurts so much also the following day i cant move at all i get so stiff its unbelievable. i have like a fist under my left breast which if i go upstairs or similar it throbs almost like a baby kicking frightens me at times as it feels like its my heart struggling to pump properly and i darent do anything else in case i damage it further x

• Posted

Hi Helen

I'm so glad that things are being tested & considered and that the water pills are helping.

I hope that you have described to docs this sensation under your left breast since that's roughly where the heart is?

• Posted

Yes i did Aitarg he asked what kind of feeling it was i told him and he said i was to have the scan and he put on the paper to concentrate on the left ventrical and something else he was concerned about the wheeze i had asked if it was just when i lay down i told him no its when ever i do anything at all walk up stairs prepare a meal etc which i still have to sit to do or do it in sections.i am still taking short quick breathes all the time but not wheezing just when sat my heart keeps racing still at times or feels like it is bouncing when i do anything but it is getting closer to the scan x

was 

• Posted

Very good, Helen.   Will keep you in my prayers.   Let us know what happens. 
    • Posted

Will do thank you for listening i need a shoulder to lean on at minute cant say much to my husband as he is suffering real bad with his anxietys at minute work colleagues are sick of hearing me. i just have a little cry when on my own x
    • Posted

That's what we're all here for, Helen, to support each other.  Sometimes we just can't put anything more on those closest to us.  As to work colleagues, I'm sorry that none of them had already been through this with a loved one.  If they had, I'm sure someone would've said what I said.  That's the only reason I knew how serious all this is.

A little cry now and then doesn't hurt.  As an old pastor of mine used to say, tears just bathe our eyes.   This is scary stuff, and we have to deal with it somehow.  Better tears than booze, in my opinion!  Nothing against drink, just ,,, I think you get what I'm saying.

Take care.  We're here for you.

• Posted

Awwww thank you so much you dont know how much your kind words mean at this time xx

• Posted

The nurse that took my blood last week didnt put in right testing things so have had to go to hospital and have the blood tests repeated the doctor i saw yesterday was brilliant he explained as much as he could he told me when i need to go to hospital which is much clearer he said increase in swelling in legs /ankles, increase in heart rate lasting more than 10 mins chest tightness or pain lasting 10 mins he also gave me a copy of the cardiologist report which reads blood pressure 133/91 bilateral pedal oedema , pulse 74bpm.

ecg

sinus rythm 64bpm

QRS duration of 76 milliseconds

QTC 400 milliseconds

Thyroid functions show increase levels of TSH 

he also said there may be some irregularities with the heart but the scan will tell us more he really put my mind at ease x

• Posted

Man alive but you are having to persevere through some medical messups!  You are a saint not to have cursed out that nurse.

And then there's this great doc!  I'm glad he's given very clear instructions, and I imagine that they are a comfort to you.  They would be to me, anyway, as in I'm not going to worry unless one of these things happens. 

Hang in there, Helen, you are getting some very good doctoring now.

Aitarg

• Posted

I had a phone call from the doctors surgery today the receptionist said you blood results for your Thyroid are back and are fine no further action to be taken however there are some abnormalities shown up for my heart, i asked what test results these were from and she replied from a ECG so i just replied if you look at that report i have a copy of it and also a doctor has reassured me not to worry any abnormalities however small will show on the scan im having next week. Nothing like trying to scare you is there just glad that i had seen the doctor and been reassured beforehand. what i dont like is the receptionists having access to my doctors notes etc especially if they dont know what they are talking about and worrying people for nothing x
    • Posted

And what a terrible weekend you would've had, worrying more about your heart.  I'm so glad that you knew more than she did.

I'm with you, there is no good reason for non-medical personnel to be in our records, period.  Here's what they do at my clinic these days:  non-med staff call & ask you to call the clinic.  That's it, no name, no extension number.  There are at least 6 docs, at least 12 nurses, a full-scale lab, etc.  If you call back, no one knows who called and no one knows why they called.  Nuts!  

Hope you have a good weekend.

• Posted

We have 5 part time GPs 4 trainee GPs 4 nurses 4 healthcare and 5 receptionists who consider themselves GPs. The doctor normally phones patients if a follow up from tests is needed and they explain thats another reason i was not concerned. i will be going to our caravan for a rest on Sunday for 4 days then have the scan Thursday and go from there hopefully will be good news but will raise more questions as to what actually is the problem x
    • Posted

I have had the echo cardiogram and a ecg they cant tell me anything but she did say there was nothing major showing up and the cardiologist will be in touch once he has had a good look at it x

• Posted

i have been offered the flu jab at work but unsure wether its safe to have with me no being well still think i am going to have to ring the doctor and ask if its ok. i am so tired at the moment all i do is sleep still unable to walk out of breath all time x

• Posted

I think that's wise, Helen.  Ask that helpful heart doc.  Be sure to remind of all that's gone on.

I do hope that they can get you feeling better, and soon.

We have a gorgeous day here and I'm headed outside ,,,

• Posted

its been a bit damp and dismal here all day yes i will be sure to ask first and hope i will begin to pick up soon x

enjoy your day x

• Posted

had to speak to a doctor today i rushed the other night at work to a young man having a seizure i was on my own so reacted quickly but suffered from it i felt dreadful at time thought i was either going to pass out or be sick i had to sit at side of him for both of us to recover before i could call for help. i came home went to bed slept 5 hours got up  still felt ill chest was just tight no pain as such i was so tired so went to bed slept 15 and half hours felt ok when i got up apart from chest from chin down to waist is tight and tingly. i phoned the doctor up he said do as my body tells me if tired go to bed rest as much as i need to told me yes have the flu injection as long as i dont have a temp. he said i need to have the injection and he couldnt tell me anything from the scan and that the cardiac doctor will be in touch. I forgot to ask for a not to take into work just to say i am fit for work but not to be on my own due to being possibly a heart condition so i went to the doctors put a repeat prescription in and asked if i could have a note to this effect to be told i have to ask in writing and will have to pay for it anything from £10 up to £75 i told her to stick it i cant afford it and came away in tears. I will ask the cardiac doctor as i am phoning him tomorrow see if they have results and if i can have a check up with the chest being tight and i have had quite a few back and middle chest pain for the past few hours.x

• Posted

Helen, I am so sorry about what happened. I'm also sorry that I haven't had email access until the last few days. Took me awhile to get back far enough to find this so I could check on you.

How are you now, and have you seen the cardiac consultant yet?

Aitarg

• Posted

Yes seen cardiac Doctor had 4 ECGs up to now had an Echocardiogram basically he said my heart is fine to look at respiratory side now im having a spirometer test on Monday again i have already had one and was ok. i have spent overnight in hospital with chest pains and breathless all was ok. I am no different health wise still breathless on exhertion still retaining water chest tight and pains i do know some of the chest tightness is anxiety but not all of it i am getting so tired and fed up with it all now want to be more active x

• Posted

I have had a spiometry test today was quite poor the nurse listened to what i had to say the pains i am having etc she has passed the results to a doctor whom i will be seeing on friday with a view to having a stress test she also suggested he gets me another appointment with the cardiologist saying it looks and sounds like angina x

• Posted

I would've been shocked if tgat spirometry had come out normal, Helen, with all the troubles you're having. I assume that they intend to do a chemical stress test, unless you're much more ambulatory than I think.

• Posted

what does ambulatory mean x i am having a test on a treadmill with ECG on and a mask i think she said i have been given some breathing techniques see if they help until Friday too and told to reduce all food intake as with not being mobile i am still putting weight on she said some could be water but i am eating normal and need to cut by half she said x

• Posted

Ambulatory means being able to get up and walk around. It doesn't sound as though you're able to go out for walks or exercise. See how it goes. I cannot move fast enough to register cardiac stress on a treadmill, so they give me a chemical stress test instead. But they've seen you so they must feel that you move well enough to walk for the test, and that's a good sign.

It's hard to deal with the need to change eating habits after becoming less mobile. After an accident I gained 20, then living with my ex and eating the same ultra-fattening food/drink he ate added more, lost some, then couldn't ride an exercise bicycle any more and quit smoking ,,, suddenly it's 23 years later and i'm 60 lbs overweight. Have lost 25 from 2 years ago; am stuck in a year-long plateau. But in that year I had to give up walking completely as exercise, & all other forms of exercise, so i'm thankful to be still on the plateau and not having gained!

• Posted

oh Thank you i dont really know if i will be able to do anything as i only walk 20  yrd slowly and need to stop i cant breath very good when walking but also my back and legs are very painful i can manage to get upstairs slowly but am in pain its almost like my whole body seizes up from the chin down. my chest area goes really tight too all i can do is try x

• Posted

Yep, just try, that's all we can do! I'll be thinking of you & keeping you in my prayers

• Posted

Thank you i have to try not to let my problems get on top of me at minute more important things are happenning around me. my Grandaughter was born at 25 weeks on Friday weighing 1lb 4 oz bless her shes fighting doing as well as expected x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.