Beta blockers for dizziness/blurred vision

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi

Been placed on beta blockers for dizziness/blurred vision. By my ENT guy & DR.

I'm 23 no life what so ever since October. Thought bout ending my life few times as Iv been depressed as it's come from nowhere. I'm now seeing counselling cause my issues! Sod off dizziness/ blurred vision!!

Anyone tried beta blockers?

And what you're thoughts?

They both said it helps with anxiety & migraine ( I get headaches too )

Xxx

0 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hiya

Sorry to hear you've had a bad spell. It can up and down so be patient. I feel really for 2 days then rubbish yesterday. Chin up the meds take time xx

• Posted

Thanks lyne it's just annoying ain't it when you can't do simple things like go to a shop sad

I'm getting my hair cut today hopefully I be okay in hairdresses I should be as I'm only sitting there haha.

Hope you're well

• Posted

Hi guys rang my dr today as getting fed up

Said why will only my dr refer me and not you're others? Also I can't see my dr all time she only works certain days. And she told me see someone else & she said I can't c why they can't refer you to vestibular clinic

Wish me luck had enough really

• Posted

Oh dear sad

I went outside for 5mins to go to the stables & I was swaying everywhere blurred vision dizy. Had to lay down for bit.

Do you think it's these beta blockers?

I fort they would help not worsen it sad

I was dizzy yesterday aswell.

They help with the anxiety but terrible on the blurred dizziness sad

Going drs at 3pm will mention this to them & will be demanding to be refered

• Posted

They are useless Alison! I'm asking my cousin to come with me who works in a hospital I'm getting sick of why they not referring me x
    • Posted

I had to go private in the end to see a neuro and didnt do me no good anyway x
    • Posted

What did the doc say? I paid to see neuro privately in the end (as there is a 5 month wait here in bristol and apparently that's good!) But told it was extra for the mri scan I needed to see what is going on but sooo fed up waiting for that scan on nhs (8 weeks and still waiting) so I am paying extra £350 to have a private mri at the spire hosp bristol next week. Slow and frustrating and I am still off work.
    • Posted

Aw lyn my heart goes out to you its a hell of a thing i paid £250 to see a neuro he put me on nortriptilene and told me it would take the dizziness away been on them 6mths now and i am just as dizzy feels as if my life have fallen apart i havent been out in a yr only to hospital appointments ive had 2 mri scans which come back normal they just dont k ow whats wrong they said it was my ears then i seen a neuro that said it was my necl then i seen a neuro on the nhs only to tell me it werent my neck it was my ears tbh i dont think they know how to help me x
    • Posted

I know its sooo frustrating. I ve been like it since waking up 4 months ago with a headache like some one hit me round the head with a cricket bat (my partner swears he didnt!!) I am on gabapentin for neck and head pain. Topiramate (incase its migraine) oh and now surprise surprise prozac for anxiety! Gp says I have to relax - i was perfectly relaxed and happy with a successful well paid job as a primary school teacher until this started. Been off ill since jan : (
    • Posted

Ive lost my job through it lyn im devastated tbh i cant see no light at the end of the tunnel the doctor put me on prozac they havent helped x
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that. It's so difficult to be reliable at work like this. I get the odd good day or two but then am housebound other times. I get awful one sided headaches and feel so tired lightheaded/dizzy : (
    • Posted

Don't mean to butt ito your conversations but, just wanted to say that it is sad in today's modern medicine that we can't get answers for this condition.  Doctors only want to treat what they can treat with a pill or something that might require surgery.  At times I would have felt better off if I di know that I had something that could be fixed with a surgical procedure.  The truth is that the medical profession doesn't know what we are suffering from or how to traet it.  I am in almost 14 months and I fully believe that only time has made a whole lot of difference in my recovery.  I did VRT and feel that it did aid some but, the truth of the matter is that I tried almost anything that I could find and I am not sure what has made a difference in getting to where i am today.  I still have a ways to go but, definitely I am way better than when this stuff started.  The only hope that we have is to learn from other sufferers and from what we can research on the internet.

I will say, for what it may be worth, I did not see measurable improvement until around month 10.  I still have some bad days here and there and barometric pressure changes seem to casue me ongoing problems.  The inner ear is a powerful part of our body and we never realize what all it can impact until it does.

I am also amazed at how quickly most physicians try to write the feelings off as anxiety related.  That is the popular catch all along with chronic subjective dizziness.  There has to be something that someone somewhere can figure out because we all have the same symptoms, only to varying degrees.

I have found that mine is getting better and I hold on to the hope that it will all be gone one day and pray that I,nor any of us, will never be subjected to it again.  

• Posted

Yes thanks for this. I know I do get anxious when I feel ill esp when I am out and about esp when I feel dizzy but I told my gp the other day that, having had this body for 49 yrs now, I know when I am unwell and I know the difference between a panic attack and feeling lightheaded and ill!

What I find extra frustrating is delay on the nhs even for a scan. Will be so cross if the (private) mri does show something sinister. Are you in the uk too? Wish i'd not cancelled my private medical insurance a couple of years ago now!

• Posted

Actually, I am in the US.  While it is easier to see the doctor of choice here they don't know any more than what I have read on the forum about the UK ones.  I doubt seriously that you will have any clearer picture after the second MRI as I, and most others on the forum indicate, didn't get any insight after my MRI and 2 CT scans.  All were negative.  Posters on the forum seem to be the best information and insight that we can hope for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.