Posted , 14 users are following.

What am I letting myself in for?

Any pre advice / recovery tips very much appreciated 

#terrified

6 likes, 85 replies

85 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Good Morning coffeeman.. My best advice is do what the doctor and physical therapist tell you. If one says something questionable ask the other. Honor the healing process. I remember prior to my surgery I read here : You will be amazed at how much better you feel after the first 14 days and it was true smile I took that two weeks and continue (almost 5 weeks now) to honor my body. I am amazed at how it tells me what to do... sleep,move, don't sleep, don't move. The body is amazing and if you listen to it, and don't rush the process... it will do all of the work. I didn't do much and continue to rest alot. I keep asking why am I so tired? And I am told that even when I am not moving, my body is working really hard to repair itself. So good luck, and just remember the first week, 2 weeks is the hardest but it gets better every day

• Posted

Coffeeman,

You'll be fine, stick with this forum, where you can ask and discuss anything at all. 

Failing that, there's always my website ..... Just think, when you come out of hospital, you will be free of that awful OA pain, and on the route to recovery and a normal life again.

#Calm  #GettingBetter

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Hi Coffeeman very good to hear from you.  Sounds like you are making excellent progress.  Let us know how it's all going. Liz
    • Posted

Walked 10 feet with frame and sat in a chair for 3 hours... and the reverse. Happy but tired
    • Posted

wow .... and that with 2 brand new hips - 

are you able to sleep well, considering the circumstamces? 

big warm hug

rooting for you

renee

• Posted

Gave me morphine last night as a busy physio day today I guess.

worked a treat !

• Posted

Well done there - the surgeon has done his work, now it's up to you to put in the work to build those muscles back up again.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Hi Coffeeman just wondering what does it feel like with two new hips is walking different? As you will see from the time I am awake and in pain as usual so hope you are sleeping. Do you have to sleep on your back?

hope you have a good day liz

• Posted

Hi Liz - walking is definitely more upright and as it should be. Not sur if you have to sleep on back with 1 hip done now but 2 , my surgeons advice is a yes for a short while. Did 3 stairs yesterday and going for a whole flight today. If that's gone well, home tomorrow.
    • Posted

How did it go today coffeeman? Did you manage the flight of stairs?
    • Posted

Wow such progress. It's great to hear how you are doing I am booked for bilateral hips early June so following your progress closely. Hope you can get home tomorrow liz
    • Posted

Yes Liz - I'm out tomorrow lots of hard work ahead!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.