Bit of an odd question. But ......

Posted , 10 users are following.

Pyjamas or nightie to take in the hospital with me lol , last time on my hysterectomy I think I took a nightie and can remember them checking underneath all the time to see how much bleeding etc ! I'm more comfy in pyjamas nowadays but it may be a hassle having to pull down a lot to take pack out etc lol ... Starting to get nervous now and anxious .. Silly really !

0 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had a nightie because of all the checking it makes it easier....I was terrified before my op but it went fine...Try not to be too nervous cos it's over really quickly and you are home again so quickly now days..Good luck x
    • Posted

It's much easier if you wear a nightie because the nurses can see much easier if there's a problem without pulling pyjama trousers down which can be painful for the patient.
    • Posted

Matron to change this subject!! Can't bring myself to wipe after

Weeing.I'm dabbing and washing clean with warm water.is it normal

To feel nervous😢😘😘

• Posted

Matron to change this subject!! Can't bring myself to wipe after

Weeing.I'm dabbing and washing clean with warm water.is it normal

To feel nervous😢😘😘

• Posted

Of course it's only natural you'll be nervous to begin with but dabbing and washing with water is perfectly adequate xx
  • Posted

Nightie definitely..... I took my own but ended up wearing the hospital ones during my 3 day stay due to the blood loss...... They were comfy and did the job.

Good luck x

• Posted

You OK hu ? Am be done soon.💕💕
    • Posted

Getting bag ready today and sorting bungalow out ready for me coming home lol X everywhere is getting a good dusting, hoovering etc !! I'm going into one of our private hospitals although as an NHS patient so hopefully will be ok , the nurse who dos my pre op was so lovely x
    • Posted

Good luck Sarah.  I really enjoyed sharing a room with 4 other ladies as we supported each other.  The nurses were just too busy and without the other patients support I would have struggled.
    • Posted

I like the privacy of my own room.but also like the thought you can chat to other ladies. I d

I did miss that when my husband left.xx

• Posted

Is that Grimsby hun.not very good with geography😂😂😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.