Bladder Neck Incision - Your experience?

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hello. I will have BNI - bladder neck incision in the next few weeks. Reasons are: Frequency without a lot urine in, low stream of urine. Please, share your experience Post-Surgery 😃 thank you!

3 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Best of luck with your recovery. How old are you if you do not mind me asking? How is your ejaculation now? I have primary bladder neck obstruction too. A major one. My Qmax is just 6 and average flow is just 2.9. The flow is not consistent either. It starts-stops and starts again with an even weaker flow. My post void residual volume is almost 60 ml. I am just 25 years of age. So, I do not want to do any surgery to have it fixed now. Perhaps, when I am 40/when the problem becomes too troublesome. I also have a short urethral stricture too. Currently, I am having major issues with starting urination. Sometimes, it takes as long as 3 minutes to start urination when my bladder is not full. Have you heard of unilateral bladder neck incision? I heard that procedure can improve your symptoms and also preserve your ejaculation. Sorry for all these questions. I wish you a speedy recovery and a normal life. 😃

• Edited

Hello mate, I am 23 and I decided to do surgery because symptoms were killing me. Had the same issue like you, start/stop, hard to start, flow very weak and a lot of frequency / urgency.

I know what you feel, it sucks to stay long in the toilet to start urinate. But now im going in, not even minute and i'm out. PVR is same like 60-100ml but i hope it will improve.

I haven't heard about UBNI mate. In my case it was TUIP BNI. I don't know if that is the same! 😄 So I am expecting longer recovery.

My ejaculation now is reduced, and I feel that it is a little bit "delayed" but "im still firing" as someone said here someday. Before OP I left some of my sperm in a bank, just in the worst case.

You know we are all different and every one of us can have other side effects or don't have it at all.

In case of my symptoms now, something is starting to improve. There are days that I can hold from 60-90 mins but usually 40-50 mins. Hope i'm starting improving..

• Posted

Please keep this thread updated if you can. Your post is inspiring to me and a lot of others who are in the same boat as you were. How is your Uroflowmetry result now?

• Posted

And please do get a semen analysis test done in a few years. You remain fertile even with the worst semen analysis results and of course, there are medicines which can highly improve your fertility. So, that can more than make up for your reduced ejaculation volume. 😃

• Edited

I haven't done uroflowmetry now. And I will not because the flow is very strong so i am assuming it's very good. And i don't have a time for that, unfortunately too much work.

But as you've seen I jumped from Qmax 5,5 ml/s to 15ml/s. And now i think it's much more when the bladder is filled up very nice (after some alcohol the urine is flowing like crazy).

Thanks for a good words man, I will keep it updated, no worries! 😃

• Posted

No, im not. I think it doesn't matter where am I from 😄

• Posted

No, worries. How is your sex life now considering you are sexually active? If not, it's all good. Do you masturbate often?

• Edited

Hello everyone,

I was on acupuncture last tuesday. From that time I've had one attack of urgent frequency, but after that the frequency is every 90-120 minutes. I don't know the reason why it jumped so fast - probably acupuncure worked for me. But the volume is still small. Anyways - frequency is going in a good way.

• Posted

How is your retention now? Are you able to empty your bladder enough? Also, did you try alpha blocker medication before opting for surgery?

• Edited

Hey 😃 Im able to empty bladder at once till the end. without any problems Yes. I tried alphablocker before - it helped somehow but not for a long and i've had blocked nose all the time 😦

• Posted

How are you doing now, Pav? I'm sorry for the constant poking. I've the same condition, so I would really love to be in touch with you as frequently as possible. Thank you.

• Posted

My problem is further exacerbated by a stricture which caused due to iatrogenic reason and even further worsened by Urethrotomy.

• Edited

Hello,

I am getting acupuncture once a week and so far the frequency is between 50 minutes to 2 hours. Today i've hold almost 4 hours but it was a little bit hard.

Total rollercoaster man 😃 After masturbation it gets worse for some time.

I've noticed when I walk a lot (at work for example, 30k steps per night) the frequency holds between 1,5-2hrs.

Only peace can save us, so I'm patient and waiting for much larger improvement. 3-4 hours and I will be happy. I can not believe how one of guys from my work is going only once at the morning to pee.. LOL!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.