Blocked ear due to anxiety

Posted , 48 users are following.

I wrote on hear a few weeks back. I explained that I was suffering from a blocked ear, I was using steroid nose spray all the time to unblock it and I was suffering from dizziness, reduced vision sometimes in one eye, foggy mind and anxiety.

It turns out the ear problem was a symptom of anxiety. I cannot believe it, I thought the ear was causing anxiety but it's the other way round. It turns out anxiety can trigger physical issues that you would never put together. I haven't had a single issue with my ears now since I learnt it's anxiety and it was really impacting my life before this for nearly a year. Now I'm being treated for anxiety, I notice that the dizziness happens when anxiety is triggered. Since I'm learning how to deal with it my life is becoming much better. Anyone that has anxiety as a symptom of a blocked ear please check this out. BTW I was so surprised I had anxiety because I'm so happy, confidant never had issues with it before so you just never know. 

4 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I’ve had this problem for over 3 years & it’s only getting worse . Nothing works . When it came on me , I was happy , exercised daily , meditated etc . I saw every MD under the sun . The anxiety is so dibiltating I have no life . 

• Posted

I feel stressed,dizzy, blocked ear & I feel faint keep getting little pains in me head what does that mean?

• Posted

I also feel the same sensation and went to ent multiple times.i do have blocked ear but he told me my symptoms could be because of either of the things.i have suffering from panic attacks from past 2 years and this feeling is new for me of dizziness and sometimes also tingling and pain in my limbs.im not sure if its the anxiety or should i get tested for something else?
  • Posted

What is COB you mentioned in your article?  I have same thing of clogged and I am desparet for a treatment. Thanks so much. Anxiety 
  • Posted

It is CBD, not COB, I think. CBD oil, tinctures, softgels, etc. Can work wonders. It (CBD) is the non-psychoactive cannabinoids in medical marijuana. It will reduce inflammation and pain, minimize anxiety, and has NO addictive properties and no feeling of being “high”. My pain management has improved a great deal since starting CBD

• Posted

This was not an option for me, I live in the UK and I was able to find a solution without this. Why are you advertising this, you don't sound genuine?

• Posted

I’m not “advertising “ anything...I’m telling you what has been effective for me. I have no way of knowing where you live, no do I know if cannabid products are available or not. I’m not some 20 year old, peddling snake oil. I’m in my sixties, retired and a cancer survivor, with chronic pain and anxiety. I think your reply was rude and uncalled for. If you can’t or won’t explore new options to relieve your symptoms, fine...don’t pass judgment on the veracity of my comments about something that HAS helped me
    • Posted

Relax it justs sounded like an add, you don't have to be so defensive. Not passing judgement and glad you found a way to manage it.

• Posted

Hi..how are u feeling now..and what medication you took for your anxiety?
    • Posted

Citalopram on 10mg and it was very effective. My symptoms went away about 2 weeks after and haven't returned. Also did yoga and relaxation breathing too.

• Posted

Thanks dear. Glad u are all well. I must agree all from the stomach gut health too smile. I hate antidepressants so will start with st.john wort...lets see .
    • Posted

Thats true actually I take Biogaia probiotic, it's from Sweden which helps with ibs.

• Posted

Please check your anxiety if you unknowingly clench your jaw in your sleep or daytime. The jaw and tmj muscle sit next to your ear, when inflammed causes the blocked ear and dizziness. Hence why my anxiety treatment helped. I didn't even realise i clenched, took 3 doctors to work it out. Feel your jaw for tenderness and pain all around that area. It can also cause stiff neck muslces.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.