Blood Pressure at young age 27 feeling depressed :(

Posted , 27 users are following.

I have got BP problem at very young age 27 ,my bp is high always it some time 180/110,160/100 and sometime 143/77 , I have gone through blood test urine test all my test are normal,my bp was detected 2 years back when my weight was 110kg but i decided to loose my weight instead of going for medication after 1 and the half year my weight is 92 but still my bp is high ,doc have told me to go for medication ,now I m starting with medication but I am feeling deprseed how come my bp is detected at such young age need ur help guys ,is der no any other way den taking medicine ,doc r telling me to go for medication and dnt think much,pls need ur help guys

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I disagree with the 'more protein' advice....unless it is almost entirely fish and a little lean fowl.  Minimize or eliminate red meat, pork, etc.  You'll feel the difference very quickly.   No more lethargy....lighter, cleaner, BETTER!
    • Posted

To clarify the more protein = instead of carbs. Vegetable protein ( peas n' beans) are also good as well as eggs. I think the original poster is a bloke. So a 5-2 diet may also be beneficial. 
    • Posted

Why do you advise adhij to minimize/eliminate red meat, pork, etc?  The latest research shows there is no problem with eating fat from meat or dairy products. 
  • Posted

I would agree with not eating red meat. Fish, especially oily fish is really good and chicken too. Or become a vegetarian !!
    • Posted

Bad enough being hypertensive without becoming a Veggie:-)
    • Posted

Derek, Interesting to hear you say "Bad enough being hypertensive...." because when I was diagnosed 18 months ago that was my feeling exactly- not the veggie bit. I was really upset and angry feeling trapped and feeling it was all my fault and I should have done more to avoid it and now there was no way out. I've an idea type 2 diabetics feel much the same when first diagnosed. Hypertension is for life they say 'Silent Killer etc' just to scare you, so in many ways it is like diabetes although probably easier to control. I still absolutely hate having to take pills for it.
    • Posted

Type 2 diabetes is reversible but it needs a diet where carbs are limited and/or replaced by protein. People and especially males were not meant to consume the amount of refined carbs that they do. Hypertension may be more difficult to reverse in some instances, but for the original poster he is close enough to the higher rate and young enough to do so. I am not sure of his height but 92 Kg is still not that light -unless he is 6 ft 1 at least. The archetypal fat Russian mother has been eating to many potatoes and the archetypal fat Italian mother has been consuming too much pasta. Even in the animal kingdom those munching carbs such as goats and cows tend to be more obese than the carnivores. 
    • Posted

Me too, I got both but I was 66 before suddenly becoming hypertensive.

I had followed all the good rules for nearly 20 years but it still happened. Whether I am T2 or glucose intolerant is open to debate. My readings vary from year to year but are no higher than when first discovered about 14 years ago. 

• Posted

How many people do you know who have reversed it?
    • Posted

I was under the impression that once T2 had kicked in there was no 'cure' just good control.  The chance to reverse it is at the prediabetic stage, which is where I am at at the moment. I do eat a lot less carb and a lot more fat [full fat milk and butter] than I did a year ago and lost a shed load of weight. - like 18 kilos, I now weigh 54 kilos and am 172 cm tall.  Haven't a clue though how things are going as i don't get another HbA1c until the end of the year. Hypertension and diabetes often go together too don't they?
    • Posted

Actually none personally, but then there are several studies on the internet about those who fasted and reversed it that way. I would be interested to see if a very low carb diet plus calorie restriction would be enough to reverse the condition.  The standard diabetes diet advice quoted here: "..At each meal include starchy carbohydrate foods such as bread, pasta, chapatis, potatoes, yam, noodles, rice and cereals.

The amount of carbohydrate you eat is important to control your

blood glucose levels...." (from diabetes dot org) is totally and utterly wrong in my opinion. We evolved as hunter gatherers and were never meant to eat any of those foods in the quantities that we do. 

• Posted

Many of of the same bad lifestyle choices?

• Posted

I'm trying to sort the prediabetes thing. I bought a cheap meter and sometimes do a finger prick first thing in the morning where I get readings in the range of 5.9; 5.7; 6.2. This is still too high I think isn't it - or am I doing it wrong? Have no idea but really don't want a diagnosis of type 2 if I can avoid it. Docs attitude is just to wait and watch and when the numbers rise go on meds.  What is my best plan?

• Posted

If you go to the Freestyle monitor web site you can get a free one and download the software to go with it. I got my one free from the nurse at my surgry.

After using it for a while I quouted her and my GP my figures. They then more or less said that for someone not injecting it is a waste of time and that only the six monthly Hba1c figure gives a true indication.

I had to stop the three meds I tried. They all gave me severe stomach pain similar to a duodenal ulcer within two hours of taking one.

Try a few readings at other times of day as well to see how you cope with food.

• Posted

The Daily Mail had an article a few weeks ago on diet reversing pre diabetes.

An interesting statistic:

Type 2 diabetes is more than six times more common in people of South Asian descent and up to three times more common among people of African and African-Caribbean origin.

Age and sex standardised prevalence rates (per 100) of Type 2 diabetes according to ethnic group are as follows:

White 1.7

All ethnic minorities 5.7

African Caribbean 5.3

All South Asians 6.2

Indian or African Asian 4.7

Pakistani or Bangladeshi 8.9

Chinese 3.0

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.