Brain fog....memory loss....

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hi, please can anyone share their experiences of the above.  I am really worried now, that what I am experiencing may not be hormone related at all and may be something more concerning.  Today I had 5 incidents of really worrying short term memory loss which is really frightening me now in case it could be early dementia or something. I dont feel myself at all.  It all started in September with feeling really weird and spaced out.  After a few weeks this seemed to improve slightly, but am now back to feeling really strange again.  I called a friend by the wrong name today, couldn't remember which was the headlight dial in the works vehicle...which I drive every single day, literally couldn't recall having taken a plate out to the kitchen like 1 minute previously.  Went to the loo, then went to get my plate to take to the kitchen.  My friend said "you just took it out".  Now I just feel really frightened what is happening :-((((

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Bubbins,  I have a definite fog. My daughters keep telling me that they told me something but I don't remember. I'll ask them a question and they'll exclaim that they just answered it. One of my daughters just had her second baby and I couldn't remember my new granddaughter's name. It's quite embarrassing and depressing. Makes me feel like I'm 77 instead of 57.
  • Posted

Am so upset. Just had the police around, saying I had filled up with fuel and driven off without paying.  I am 45 and never ever forgotten to pay for fuel in my life before. I am not worried about what the police think.  I am sure they could see I was telling the truth.  But I am frightened to death about my failing memory.  Going back to GP 😥😂😪x
  • Posted

Oh Bubbins you have given yourself a right fright sweetie, it will be ok. I am convinced like everybody else that it is peri but you need to be convinced.

You are obviously worried about the metal dust at work and you need reassurane about this, what the potential risks are and what safety procedures are in place. Until you settle this you will not find complete peace of mind.

Like others my memory is shocking and stress will make it work. Have a hug, go back to the GP and get some reassuranc.

• Posted

Thankyou.  I spoke to my GP sister and she says it's probably hormones too, but I just feel so upset.  I do have a stressful job (crime scene investigator....hence the metal powders for fingerprinting), but I have done this job for 13 years and always coped well with the stress of it.  So I'm sure my failing memory isn't due to stress, tho I appreciate stress could make it worse.  My friends mum has dementia and it's such a horrible illness. Given my symptoms and work risk, I am just terrified.  Thankyou for your kind words.  The police have gone to look at cctv, but I think it's unlikely anyone has cloned my plates.  It must have been me and I feel sick with the thought of what is happening 😥 x
  • Posted

OMG! You ladies are a godsend. I had the same thought as you, Bubbins, just this week when I tried to put the tea caddy in the fridge, just one of many similar occurances. I'm used to feeling sharp and normally have precise responses, movements and reflexes but that has all changed in the past few months. I too, on a few occasions, have had no recollection of having done something simple, such as feeding the cats, and I've wondered if I'm showing the early signs of dementia but I'm trying to convince myself it's the peri. Surely, it has to be.

Are there risks associated with working with aluminium? If so, it's probably worth having it checked out but your employer would have safeguards in place, wouldn't they? I'm sure your symptom is peri related but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out to put your mind at rest. 

All the best x

• Posted

There is a beleif that low B12 can be linked to memory problems and dementia (google it) so consider taking this assuming you don't already - B12 is only in animal produce so if you limit/avoid these supplementing is more important. A blood test can identify your levels.
  • Posted

Thankyou.  I have been taking vit b's on and off.  I will start taking them more regularly (if I can remember!).  The police called back to say that the garage think it may have been a man from the cctv.  I am hoping and praying therefore that my plates have been cloned.  But still worried seeing as I have short hair!!!  Plus the garage said the person looked a bit suspicious.  Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.......if it WAS me, what on earth was I doing.....? I must be in a worse state than I thought......😩x
    • Posted

Hi, no, it was on Dec 10 th but it is a garage I use and the timing fits with me leaving work.  To make matters worse, the police have said not to worry as the garage say it is a male.  But it is too much of a coincidence for it not to be me.  Am going to have a bath then go into the police station.  I feel sick with worry.  Not about the police aspect, but obviously about my memory.  Have held it together today as was out on a walk with friends, but home now and in tears.  Going to book to see GP ASAP but don't know how I am going to get through tonight or work tomorrow x
  • Posted

Ive been told it was December 10th. It is a garage I use and the timing fits with leaving work, so am convinced it's me.  But to make matters worse,the police are telling me not to worry as they say the garage say it is a male.  I have felt sick all day, and guess what, spaced out.  Held it together all day as went out with friends, but now home and in tears.  Am going to have a bath, then go into work to speak to them.  Also going to book ASAP to see GP.  Am so frightened, don't know how I am going to get through tonite and tomorrow at work 😂x
  • Posted

It was on December 10th so no.  But it is a garage I use and the time fits with me leaving work.  To make matters worse, the police have told me not to worry as the garage say it's a male.  But it is too much of a coincidence for it not to be me.  Am going to have a hot bath, then go into the police station.  I feel sick with worry.  I have held it together all day as have been out on a walk with friends, but am home now and in tears.  Felt spaced out on the walk and dreadful now.  Going to book a GP appointment ASAP 😢x
    • Posted

Though my first post hadn't worked.  Yes I do know I wrote that twice!x
  • Posted

Sweetie calm down, these things happen, if you use the garage then they will know it was a mistake.  With some being pay at pump and some as kiosk it is an easy thing to do.  I would not remember what I did on the 10th of Dec (or the 27th tbh).  Do you always put a similar amount in?  Could you ask how much the transaction was for or to see the CCTV?  You are not going mad, you will be ok, I promise you.
    • Posted

Thankyou. Its all rather baffling and needs more investigating. The police think my plates have been cloned as they say the garage maintain it was definitely a male. I am going to the bank tomorrow to check my statements for that day. Maybe I was there buying fuel and theyve got the wrong car on cctv? I usually buy around £25 and the police think the drive off was for more, but they werent able to check tonight. Fingers crossed....will find out more tomorrow i hope. Thankyou everyone for your kind support x
  • Posted

Managed to get into my online banking.  No transaction for dec 10th 😥.  It only shows fuel purchases for dec 1st and 17th.  Seeing as I buy fuel pretty much weekly, must be me 😂.  Don't understand what the garage/police are on about with the cctv.  I don't think the police have even viewed it, just took the garages word for it being a male.  Can't find the password to my doctors online booking, feel shattered and traumatised 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.