Breath smells like faeces (Poo)

Posted , 379 users are following.

I have this horrid poo smell from my mouth. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use Dentyl PH mouthwash, I have the best oral hygeine of anyone I know but I still have this smell. I am too embarrassed to even ask my flriends or family to tell me my breath stinks. I am becoming totally reclusive because of it. Id rather go to my GP and tell him ive got an STD. I know ive got it coz sometimes people look around and ask if ive farted, and I see people with babies smelling their nappies when I speak. It really is starting to badly affect my life but I just cant pluck up the courage ot go to my GP. How on earht can i ay \"DR, My breath smells like poo!\" Please, if anyone has any tips let me know.

43 likes, 1999 replies

1999 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Breath that tastes of poo , can be a symptom of chronicconstipation and blockage my daughter and i have both had troubles that get better when our digestive system is fixed.
  • Edited

Hi,

I have suffered from this on and off for years. I agree with 'heretohelp' I tried oil pulling (I prefer coconut oil)

and it really works!!! I just get up in the morning and do it while I shower.... It might seem like it is a hassle and time consuming but it's actually quite pleasant and surprising quite relaxing once you get into it. It worked

immediately. Google it and do some research because there are some do's and dont's eg. DO not gargle!!!and DO rinse very well afterwards.

• Posted

hi,

for anyone suffering from this problem it is called "tonsil stones" and not many dentists know what they are. they are caused from a form of tonsilitis and pus forms and becomes those little stones that can be from yellow to dark colours and when you squash them they stink. the way to get rid of them has nothing to do with dental hygiene, but please keep that up, it's really good for your teeth and gums. you have to gargle everyday. the best thing to use is sea salt in warm water and try to gargle for a minute at a time and do it 2-3 times a day and keep doing it. it will take a while but it will eventually get rid of them and keep your tinsils nice and clean.

also, you need to look at why you are getting them and this can be a slow process.

it is caused by becoming run down and 1: clean up your lifestyle by reducing alcohol and drugs.

2. get at least 8 hours sleep a day.

3. stress management.

4. relaxation.

4. walk for 1/2 an hour a day or some other exercise you enjoy.

drink water when thirsty and not soft drinks or fruit drinks, just water.

5. get some sunshine.

6. try to change your thinking and become more positive.

7. lastly look at your diet. fresh vegetables, lightly cooked and raw. reduce animal products and processed foods. educate yourself about health through reading. and start experimenting with intolerances such as gluten, dairy etc.

environmental allergens may also be another issue like dust mites etc.

finally: for most people gargling and changing one's life style will get rid of the tonsil stones.

have a fabulous day and remember life is fabulous (:

• Posted

I have suffered from bad breadth form my tongue and @ mrng generally i m unable to properly clear my stomach.. so thats my problem.Sometimes i m unable to communicate with my fnds circle closely so how to get rid of from this problem for life time.. @ mrng time till i can't brush properly i m unable to speak in front of others in my family.. please help me as soon as possible..
  • Posted

The poo smell can come from your sinuses, back of the throat, tonsils, lungs or stomach. Mine has been coming from my lungs probably since a child (very phlegmy, full of mucus, loads of chest infections as a child, post nasal drip, etc) and more recently from my sinuses. I am now 43 so it's been going on for a while!

My understanding is that any phlegm/mucus attracts bacteria and over time this turns from light green to dark green and can get stuck in your passages and can block them too. The lighter green stuff smells like when you floss your teeth and it's a bit smelly...the dark green stuff, the older thicker stuff, smells like poo. My 4 yr old son has helped me to get to the bottom of this by being the only honest one to tell me when I smell. I've seen a sinus consultant (had them cleared out once but they re-filled within 3 years) and am now armed with a steroid nasal spray and a nasal douche mixture that I do twice a day (morning and night - if I have a cold I do it more regularly). The mixture is simple:

* 0.5 teaspoon of salt

* 0.25 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda

* mug of warm water

(I go a bit easier on the steroid spray as I don't want to over use this).

I cup my hand, poor some in some salt mixture and snort/inhale it up my nose. I breath it/suck it down the back of my throat as far as I can. I have cleared out a lot of light and dark green stuff. I also gargle with this mixture although the smells aren't caused by my oral health but it gives me peace of mind! The bicarb absorbs the smells apparently. I take it to work in a flask if I feel I need to do it more reguarly through the day (more for my confidence).

I have been flushign out my sinuses for just over a year - you will be surprised how much green smelly stuff is lodged in your passages. You think it has cleared but two months later huge green smelly lumps get flushed out. I think I've almost cleared my sinuses, I am now left with the problem of green smelly stuff either down towards my lungs or down towards my stomach - I can't quite work out which but I have managed to flush some out using the above the method. However, the key message to share is that the majotrity of the poo smells have gone, it now just comes and goes which to be honest, I can live with. It's worse when I drink something hot (this might release more bacterial smells?) I try to just drink water in work for the sake of my colleagues.

I have just read about Grape seed extract tablets for these smells when linked to your sinuses so I will get some tomorrow from health shop and give it a go. If they work, I'll post again. Good luck everyone and I hope that this has helped.

• Posted

How many grapefruit seed extract are you suppose to use a day?????

• Posted

I have been suffering for many years with this, I tried most of the products that are out there for bad breath but nothing seemed to really work,. About a year ago I started having pain on the right side of my abdominal area . It kept getting worst and worst. I went to the hospital and they told me that I had appendicitis , so the prepared me for surgery. After surgery the doctor told me that I was lucky to be alive, since I had gangrenous appendicitis which means that my appendix was rotten .the remarkable thing is that while I was recovering in the hospital , 3 days after my surgery my girlfriend realized that my breath wasn't smelling at all, and this was without brushing my teeth for 4 days.... I couldn't believe this... I never had problems with my breath ever since.

I don't know if this information is useful but I think it is defiantly something to look into!!!

• Posted

wer to start…im 25 had shit breath since i was 19…very embarrassing could stink out rooms….had filling replaced that i taught was causing the problem…tried every single type of mouthwash including hydrogen peroxide 3% no good…tried probiotics no good…chlorella tablets no good…went to e.n.t doctor said it was most likely my diet…eating healthy no good……i registered on this site to tell people how my shit breath has gone because i wouldn't wish it on anyone….turns out i have worms…must of had them for 5 r six years…didn't have any symptoms until i started noticing mucus n my poo…said it to my doctor…doctor gave me tablets..6 tablets later shit breath disappeared……unbelievable really…hope this helps..GL...
    • Posted

Ahh i feel your pain, i could be in a room for 2 minutes and it would fill up with the smell from my gob!

What type of worms was it mate?

• Posted

What's the tablet?

I think i have worms too.

I Notice some mucus in my poop and i have unexplainable skin allergy (another symptom for worms)

I have had this Stinky Breath for more than 2 yrs.

I've tried anything i can find/try like everyone else here.

I didn't know that i have mucus in my poop,

Until now.

• Posted

What was the name of the pills that your Dr. prescribed to you?

Sonnie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.