Breathing

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi haven't been on for a while but a question for all you lovely ladies out there, do any of you get short of breath with the menopause? Xx

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen.

I'm going through perimenopause and I get shortness of breath often.

I have an inhaler which I take as and when needed for this

Never experienced this before until perimenopause cane along .

Can be frightening at times but try to reassure myself it's hormones.

Hope you're ok x

• Posted

Thanks dora for replying. Yes I have inhalers to blue and brown as I was diagnosed with asthma last year with was brought on by menopause. It's a living nightmare. Take care xx

• Posted

Absolutely. Its one of my more hated symptoms. I seem to be likd it for weeks and then it just goes away again, only to return. Seems fairly common.
    • Posted

I convinced myself it was lung cancer. I had lung function tests bloods and chest xrays. Nothing found. That was 5 years ago now and Im still here. It comes and goes so I just have too chalk it up as another awful peri symptom.xx
    • Posted

I was convinced I had lung cancer too. No evidence with all the tests. Now I’m on to uterine cancer because of the thickened lining they found. Oh, and after reading about colon cancer last night, I could have that too. Enough to drive one totally mad. 
    • Posted

Oh youre not alone....I had a colonoscopy about 4 years ago convinced I had bowel cancer...its always one fear after another. At the moment mine in cervical cancer fear. I havent had my smear results back snd its been 3 weeks so must ge bad news...well, thats what my health anxiety tells me x
    • Posted

When I got my smear results back I was so relieved, my husband asked why I was so stressed about it, he just doesn’t understand. 

Why do we do this to ourselves?

My friend has two solid masses in her breast and she’s going to a surgeon for biopsies. I’d be freaking out! She’s totally calm and fine with it! 

Maybe people like us will never get anything because we are always expecting something? Oy

• Posted

Yes, I have that fear now too. I've never had a bad pap smear so my doctor decided at 58 to just do the pap every other year. She said she usually waits until 60 but since my paps have always been good she started a little early with me. Well I'm convinced since she didn't do one something is wrong. I feel a twinge in that area and I worry. It also feels different "down there".  Ugh!!!eek 

• Posted

Karen you are not alone, im in peri too, anxiety has really dealt with me...always have one fear or the other, scared of I have one disease or so..but i am not..God will help us.
  • Posted

hi yes i get this to all the time just walking up stairs im out of breath when i walk to school its on a hill im out of breath i feel so unfit i never was like this i thought it was so ething else causing this hope it is just meno doing it and it gets better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.