Bu Tran 5mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there . Have just been described Bu Tran today for really bad back pain that is on going for about 4 year now. I have been in tramadol 6 per day for the last 2year. After reading some info & threads about this patch I am a little concerned that it can get addictive. I would love to hear from anyone that has used this type of med . Thank you for reading .

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi liz,

The reason Tramadol can generally be taken with other opiates is because it's not technically an opiate itself.

Both Tramadol and Butrans should be approached with caution. Both are extremely addictive and are meant to only be prescribed as absolute last resort.

It really chaps my hide seeing so many doctors prescribing these high strength opiates so willy nilly. There are so many other medication options available that do not require getting a person hooked on one of the most addictive substances known to man.

Has your doctor offered you any other options besides opiates?

"Lyrica" and "gabbapentin"for example are specifically designed for epilepsy and nerve pain and worked wonders for me. Just one of the many options available. Only you can decide what's right for you. I can tell you though, I personally would never touch Butrans.

Good luck hun

Nikki

• Posted

Please don't generalise. Not everyone becomes addicted to tramadol and yes I do speak from experience
    • Posted

Well spoken. All medications affect people differently. However, I am currently going through a difficult withdrawal from 10mcg of Butrans patch. It can get very ugly.
    • Posted

Jo,

I'm pretty sure if u have a quick re read of my comment you'll find I said Tramadol and Butrans are highly addictive. Which is true. I didn't say everyone that takes them gets addicted.

Cheers.

• Posted

Hi Nikki . Doc hasn't recommended or mentioned any of the meds you speak of. Only tramadol . Solpadol . & melfen. And actually an anti inflamatery also. These are what I have tried. I will def mention what you recommend on my next app to the doc. Not sure if it's anything to do with the patch but I have a splitting head ache all day & diariah (( hopefully just a coincidence & nothing with side effects . X thank you for all your help really appreciate it x
    • Posted

You may want to reword it. Tramadol & Bu trans can become highly addictive to some people.
    • Posted

You are far more likely to develop constipation with Butrans as it is an opioid and constipation affects the mu receptors in your brain AND intestinal tract.That was a signifigant reason for my discontinuance of Butrans patches.
    • Posted

I took the patch off last night as I was feeling so weary & anxious about it. I have such a migrane all night & I never suffer with head aches even.. thank you for response germanized.
    • Posted

No thanks. I'm perfectly happy with how I worded it. Perhaps you should spend less time disecting others comments and telling them how to word them. Surely you have a better use of your time yes?
    • Posted

Obviously not but can think of a few words to describe you thanks Nikki have a great day
    • Posted

Of course you can. Way to go to spread the love hun. You have a lovely too.
    • Posted

Sorry Liz I only just saw this msg.

It's really unfortunate how difficult it is to come by a good GP these days. Especially when you're dealing with opiate addiction.

I went cold turkey from a looong codeine addiction and probably wouldn't have kept my sanity through the restless legs and lack of sleep without gabbapentin. It's Definately worth asking your GP about.

I really hope they will help you. If you have any questions don't hesitate smile

• Posted

Thanks so much Nikki . Really appreciate the reply. I hope you are getting on ok now yourself X
    • Posted

How are you going with the withdrawal Germanized? Its hard isn't it

• Posted

Sorry Liz this urgent...how do I post a topic. Jo xxx
    • Posted

Hi Jo. Are you ok x x . Scroll down to bottom of my thread and you should see an option to start your own discussion / thread x x
    • Posted

No. Just had to have one of my cats put down needed some support. She's gone now. Thanks Liz xx
    • Posted

Awh I'm very sorry to hear that Jo. I lost my jack Russell 2 year ago & still think about her every day . they become part of the family so quick. Thinking of you . X
    • Posted

Thanks Liz it all happened very quickly. The are part of the family its so tough xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.