Bump on meatus.

Posted , 83 users are following.

Hello guys, I've had this swelling on the side of my meatus for about a half and a half now and have no idea what it is. I had a full spectrum STD screening except for herpes and it can back neagtive. I also did a seperate urine and blood test and they also came back negative. I got treated for a yeast infection, but that hasn't seemed to do anything. I'm really worried and would like some feedback, Thanks.

On a side note I've had other issues, such as erection issues, anal discomfort and lack of sex drive. Could any of this be related.

Heres a picture.

6 likes, 192 replies

192 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I too have a red swollen meatus that is uncomfortable all the time no discharge no stds everything is normal. If anyone has a solution to this please help us. Next im going to see a urologist and pay more money for no reason. I totally sucks im so down. I have no clue what is causing it but its not balantis or a yeast. Maybe a virus. sad

• Posted

Hi Jared,

Like so many i have a similar thing on me. Looks identical to yours. Its sore and ive found it looks worse (swollen and purple) after urinating.

Scaring the heck out of me.

Had all the sti checks which were clear. The STI doc thinks its an age spot. Don't like that.

Have you had any joy with a cure??

Please let me know if you have....very worried.

• Posted

Hello! Dear JaredG,

I am having similar symptoms with no success using cotrimazole dermovate and trimovate. I also took ciprofloxacin for 4 weeks and did nothing. I have undertaken a flexible cystoscopy and it showed nothing in the urethra and prostate or bladder. I also did an ultrasound which came back as clear. I have seen many GPs, urologists and waiting for a dermatologist on Friday. I am awaiting an MRI and will post any news I get from that.

I was wondering if you found a solution by now for this issue?

• Posted

Hi Jared. I'm sorry to hear you are still battling this. I am also going through this problem. Through my own reading on the internet and seeing many doctors I also feel hopeless. I thought my issue might be caused by prostatitis which I was diagnosed with and took medication for. But I'm not sure that that is what started this problem. I did go see and allergist. I took advise from him and changed out my Tide laundry detergent and Downy fabric softener and bought new underwear. To wash my clothes I now use Charlies Soap, which is not a soap, but it is all natural. This made a huge improvement and resolved other itching on my body an got rid of much of the redness on my testicles and much of the irritation on my meatus/tip of penis but did not relieve the problem 100%. I notice when I eat or drink certain things it makes my meatus worse. I am allergic to many foods and believe that this all might be related to that. A urologist told me to avoid spicy foods such as pastas, pizza, Italian food, coffee, tea, caffeine, etc. He said it causes the bladder irritation. Which could be possibly causing the irritation on my meatus. He suggest to buy a product called Prelief to take before eating foods that might cause the bladder to flare up. Today when I took a shower I used an olive oil soap (all natural) and it made it worse. The last week I have used Dove Sent Free bar soap and have not had a huge problem with it. But the issue has never fully gone away but it has improved. Like you I have had every test under the sun and nothing comes up. So I am down to several conclusions. Washing my ass and penis with certain soaps makes everything worse. Certain foods spicy foods make it worse. I have eliminated all caffeine, alcohol and spicy foods. I make the majority of my foods at home. The only other thing I can think of is that even though I have changed my laundry detergent is that some of the residue of the old detergent is still in the washing tub and still contaminating my laundry. I hope some of my experience will help you and other men around the world. I will keep you up to date if you think it will help. Praying for you and all the other guys who are going through this ~ Brad

• Edited

Hi Jared. I seem to a have very much similar bump on mine. Did you figure out what it was. Any info in this regards could help - thanks
    • Posted

I’m one of the guys that commented on this thread. I’ve figured out what mine is and it’s herpes. My doctor prescribed Acyclovir cream to get it under control. Acyclovir precipitation (orally) wasn’t helping that particular part of the problem. Most doctors will tell you you can’t get herpes there and I’ll tell you they are dead wrong. 
    • Posted

Hi brad. I tested for herpes and returned with both hsv 1 and 2 . My docs still believe that without proper leisions this is still not herpes. How is acyclovir cream helping? Are u on any other m fixation. It has been two months my pain has started and it shows no signs of receding 
    • Posted

This is the same issue.

I am using acyclovir. It will make it better or derma 3 ..

But the question is how to get rid of it completely so it does not come back.

I had contact with someone .. first it develop itching and that started happening after a month.

Damn it, it could be a fungus maybe ... any thoughts after 10 months?

• Posted

really? how did you figure it out ..

why does it break, why it is just looks like that?

thanks.

• Edited

I am having a similar problem, but I have been tested for herpes by blood test, also taken DNA for chlamydia, swabs and urine samples for bacteria and other STD tests - all were negative. I only haven't been tested for mycoplasma and HPV, but my docotor says it is not HPV, small chances for myco as there is no discharge, swelling nor pain just inflammation. Also I have already tried amoxicillin, bactrim, doxycyline, azithromycin and some anti-bacterial cream. Nothing helps. Herpes should disappear after 2 weeks according to internet information, of course to make sure we should be tested using more advanced tests like DNA but it quite expensive, but in my opinion it does not look like HSV. There are many bacterias and we need to try various antibiotics, maybe some would help. Please inform me if you have any solution and I will inform you too when I finally get rid of it. I wonder why no one responds here with their solutions and I believe there are many more people with similar nightmares.

• Edited

hey Harvey,

umm sorry for the delay response here.

ye, people dont respond because maybe they got cured and on with their lives.

its seems like for me it is chlamydia - that is what came up some what positive in the test, blood test. The urethra does feels uncomfortable.

There is and there has been zero discharge.

As of now my urethra still feels weird, I have taken wait too much antibiotics, so the new doctor to told me to stop everything and get retested in Feb.

I am thinking again, this situation where the meatus gets like this happens regardless of the infection and it will present itself in that manner.

After the infection is 100% and all side effects, they part will heal itself.

Tell me about you.

You say everything came back negative for you - but did you have sexual contact?

Please stay in touch.

Thanks,

J.

• Edited

Have you resolved your situation or gotten tested again for herpes?

It seems there are a number of people claiming they have herpes with this. And I think most don't respond b/c they now know what they have to deal with and it's overwhelming.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.