Bump on meatus.

Posted , 83 users are following.

Hello guys, I've had this swelling on the side of my meatus for about a half and a half now and have no idea what it is. I had a full spectrum STD screening except for herpes and it can back neagtive. I also did a seperate urine and blood test and they also came back negative. I got treated for a yeast infection, but that hasn't seemed to do anything. I'm really worried and would like some feedback, Thanks.

On a side note I've had other issues, such as erection issues, anal discomfort and lack of sex drive. Could any of this be related.

Heres a picture.

6 likes, 192 replies

192 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Has anyone had any improvement?

I've been having the same problem for 2 months.

• Posted

I have had improvements. Mine is Herpes. I'm assuming that most of you that are going through this have finally arrived at the conclusion that this is what it is. Get a prescription for one of the three Acyclovir (Zovirax),

famciclovir (Famvir),

valacyclovir (Valtrex). Valtrex is the best. There is a cream for Acyclovir. I use it on my penis. I've also discovered that certain foods that i have allergies to cause it to break out. Hope this helps.

• Posted

hey brad. i've had negative tests to herpes, but my symptoms sounds similar to you. red meatus with sensitivity to cafffine.

Did you get it from a sexual encounter? i got given oral sex and then had symptoms a day later

• Posted

still dealing with it.

i will retesting in feb to ensure the primary infection is gone - that the infection caused by the bacteria.

i still feel weird in the urethra sometimes. I am guessing once that issue is gone the irritation will come back to to normal.

i ll keep you posted ..

• Posted

johnny do you have pain there. i have like a little pimple type on the right side no pain at all , and i really never had any type of bad irritation or pain ,but ive been to 3 doctors ( primary , urologist , and std doc. this is a 1 month and a half - 2 months now and i just recieved a blood test back and it was negative for hsv2. so i assume this will go away over time the doctors had informed me. but good luck.

• Posted

and johnny you did blood test and swab ? do you have pain ? is it still there ? i have like a little pimple look alike with some redness and all docs said it does not look like hsv and also negative on tests.

• Posted

Bill > There is no pain in the pimple itself / the bump.

I had a blood test and came positive for Chlamydia. I was treated with antibiotics, like lots.

But I will be retesting next week to see if the Chlamydia is still there. My entire thing still feels weird uncomfortable and burning, again not necessarily on the bump, there is really no feeling on the bump. More like inside the urethra.

It feels to me like I do have an infection still - I need to get tested and do further treatment of the infection.

It is not herpes the doctor said also.

Anyways, let me retest and I ll come back and leave more comments.

I had a blood test, and it came back positive for Chlamydia. The swab also but that could not be cultured therefore the swab was negative.

Again I think that the bump is just an aftereffect of the infection. I am trying to get infection healed first and then lets see.

This process sucks - but I am guessing s**t. Strict discipline with the condoms or with abstinence.

Bill > you should test for other stuff besides Herpes.

• Posted

I have the exact same form of the meatus in the photo you uploaded. I had casual oral sex 4 months ago (it was my time ! ... how unlucky I am ! ) ... since then, I've experienced some mild symptoms (irritation,burning/tingling sensation in the tip of the penis (glans / urethra / meatus) and recently, the discomfort is spread to the middle of the penis)..

I didn't get tested for any std because i'm young and I can't afford it .

So, im curious whether you've known the cause of it or not yet ... and if there's any updates,developments or improvement !!

• Posted

hey johnny did the pimple/bump go away after treating chlamydia? how long did it take for it to go away? thank you I am in the same situation as you some reassurance would help

• Posted

hi people, i had this exact problem, and found it so annoying that the OP didnt update with what treatment worked (bit selfish). Anyway, i had exactly the same as this and went to the doctor, he said it was inflammed scar tissue, just from it being irratated, not STi related or anything. i got a perscription for 'mometasone furoate' ointment. used once a night for a week and it was gone! hope this helps.

• Posted

wow, how come some doctors can prescribe it but others are saying basically in a nutshell" its not STI, just deal with it"?

• Posted

my bad, i mean diagnose, not prescribe..

• Posted

thank you so much for sharing. My STI is gone - re-tested.

The skin still irritated. I will go get this ointment: Mometasona Furoato

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.