Bump on meatus.

Posted , 83 users are following.

Hello guys, I've had this swelling on the side of my meatus for about a half and a half now and have no idea what it is. I had a full spectrum STD screening except for herpes and it can back neagtive. I also did a seperate urine and blood test and they also came back negative. I got treated for a yeast infection, but that hasn't seemed to do anything. I'm really worried and would like some feedback, Thanks.

On a side note I've had other issues, such as erection issues, anal discomfort and lack of sex drive. Could any of this be related.

Heres a picture.

6 likes, 192 replies

192 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

File size is too bigimage

• Posted

my doc said everything came back negative so hopefully my skin goes back to normal and everything will be good.

• Posted

Hey .. but did you have sexual contact ? and then this happen?

• Posted

yes but does yours look like that or u have a bump you said ?

• Posted

from reading all of this i think that it can be a skin irritation. you should check out the other thread under penile discorders with like 600 comments. ive read plenty of those and plenty of people have gotten tested numerous times and all negative but still have an issue. some with sexual contact and some with none at all. i dont think its hsv. it can be an irritation caused or a hpv strain maybe which you can clear if you strengthen immune system and eat right. plenty of ppl say when they change theyre diet it has gotten better so i believe that is true to. this can be cleared if tests are negative

• Posted

also this is day 4 that im on medication and the pain and burning is no longer there

• Posted

mine is a bump, on the two sides, one each side, just like the pics on thread.

In the morning after waking up, it is more inflamed.

During the day sometimes is no even visible.

• Posted

One Question to all.

Does someone of you have psoriasis as well?

Problem with other mucous as well? Mouth, eyes, nose?

It could be a variant of psoriasis and it could explain why nothing helps.

• Posted

I have psoriasis but also had a sexual encounter. I'm also full of anxiety so I have no idea what's going on. But Im experiencing basically red elevated/swollen area of lower meatus, particularly on one side but slightly on the other as well.

The severity comes and goes. If I mess with it or touch it, it'll become "inflamed" for a while and basically be a level 3 stinging for an extended period of time.

I've been tested for everything in the book and nothing has come up positive. Although I am afraid is it HSV just from everything I've been reading. The subreddit /r/herpes always dismisses something of this nature as being HSV. So does Terri Warren over at westoverheights forum. This would be "atypical" of herpes. Lots of good information over there though.

What I've found so far is that most here have not been tested for herpes yet. And I'm assuming the replies stop when they finally do. I hope to God I don't have it. My marriage and life will be ruined.

I've been tested for it 3.5, 6, and 8.5 weeks post exposure with igg blood tests. They say you need to wait 12 weeks to be fully sure.

I will try to respond on this thread once I figure this out, and after I test at 12 weeks, if I can make it that long. Every day is the worst day of my life and I'm not sure how much longer I've got.

• Posted

hello

firstly stay strong,im sure what ever the issue if any can be resolved.

i also have a red swollen tip,looks like lips,the meatus looks inflamed whilst im flaccid but dont really notice it when im hard.

i have no other symptoms really.i have been tested for Everything also,but not hsv as i have had this constantly for 4 months,if it was herpes then it would come and go,not be there 24/7.i have been to the doctor and he told me its fine, although i know its not im pretty certain its not an std,more like some form of iratation,have you got a photo?

• Posted

I don't have a picture but it looks very similar to both this post and this one: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/raised-bump-on-side-of-urethra-meatus--741100

It has been persisting for 4-5 weeks now. Some will say "that's too long", or "herpes blisters over and pops". Well, not according to some people's personal accounts.

If I contracted this and gave it to my wife, my life is over and I deserve it. I have ruined everything. The more I read on here and reddit, this bump that people have on their meatus turns out to be herpes. It's sensitive to the touch and stings. It takes a while for people to get there. Usually they haven't tested for herpes yet b/c it's not "typical" or the doctor has said "its fine". Others either stop posting or eventually confirm it.

• Edited

if your convinced its hsv then ask for a swab from it,that will be the most accurate way of testing.

we are all human and we all make mistakes,i take it that you have slipped up and been unfaithful to your wife?

if so then take this opportunitie to realize how you feel right now and learn from it,you obviously love your wife very much so just dont ever give in to temptation again.you are only human like i said.

please go and get swabbed so you can have peace,dont be comparing to all these other people on here, believe me i have been there and got my self in a right mental mess...almost suicidal,dont ever bring the devil to your door until you know the facts.this site is good but can also be very damaging in self diagnosing.

feel free to msg me inbox if you need to talk.

• Posted

hi ben i am the same its there when soft and disapears when im erect effects both sides of meatus but the right side more did you get answers

• Posted

hi i am the same its there when soft and disapears when im erect effects both sides of meatus but the right side more did you get answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.