Bump on meatus.

Posted , 83 users are following.

Hello guys, I've had this swelling on the side of my meatus for about a half and a half now and have no idea what it is. I had a full spectrum STD screening except for herpes and it can back neagtive. I also did a seperate urine and blood test and they also came back negative. I got treated for a yeast infection, but that hasn't seemed to do anything. I'm really worried and would like some feedback, Thanks.

On a side note I've had other issues, such as erection issues, anal discomfort and lack of sex drive. Could any of this be related.

Heres a picture.

6 likes, 192 replies

192 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, this is my problem, is it the same as yours? Could someone tell me what it is? I have to pay a visit soonimageimageimage

• Posted

No, it appeared 8 months ago when I had no relationship, I'm sure

• Posted

it looks like hpv growth they can a while to form after having sex

• Posted

I also thought it could be hpv but I'm sure I hadn't had sex for a year before it appeared ... Is it possible that it was transmitted through clothes or touch with the hands?

• Posted

im pretty sure that is wat it is

• Posted

ye go see a doctor if its confirmed its a wart they will treat it for u

• Posted

I have the same exact issue! I believe it is HPV. try taking 1.5 g to 3 g of AHCC for six months. there are new clinical trials showing that this eradicate HPV infection. i’ve been taking it for two months. Very expensive though, about $100 a month for treatment

• Posted

viruses can take years to show symptoms, some people may never have symptoms

• Posted

I have something that looks very similar after having an unprotected sexual encounter with a woman, how did you develop this? Did something happen? Please give more detail

I was recently put on another course of antibiotics and felt good for about a week, woke up this morning feeling horrible and having a very painful urethra. really don’t know what to do anymore

• Posted

I have something similar. I would get tested with a PCR swab and western blot for herpes (not IgG tests or culture swabs) and be sure you check for myco and urea plasmas- all variants of each. It is unlikely to be a wart as someone suggested as many doctors have told me they don't present this way and don't cause burning or itching unless they actually block the urethra. You could get it biopsied but that may leave a scar or cause a stricture and most urologists advise against biopsies of the meatus.

• Posted

wart do present in that way they can grow from the urethra in fact its very common

• Posted

growths in the urethra are uncommon, but are certainly possible. I believe I may have something in my urethra, because it is itchy at times. i’m going to the doctor in a couple of weeks and will request a scope to check for any growths.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.