Burning in Vagina and Anus

Posted , 34 users are following.

Five months ago I took Augmentin for a sinus infection. A few weeks later my vaginal area started to burn, then the perineum and the anus inside was burning. The gynie said I had a yeast and bv infection and gave me flagyl and diflucan. My infections went away but not the horrible burning! The inside opening of my vagina looks like a red rash. I have seen five gynecologists, biopsied for LS and LP both negative. Dermatologist had no idea what it was. I saw an allergist, GI, Rheumatologist, still no diagnosis. I've been given steroid ointment, and steroid shots with no improvement. Has anyone else experienced this after taking antibiotics? This has ruined the quality of my life as it hurts to walk and sit for any length of time. Help!

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

This is what happening to me. I took antibiotics and my vagina has just been burning. I thought it was yeast infection but no. So I went to the doctor and I got all STD test done all clear. Then I went to a urologist and he tried to tell me it was a muscle problem... Its been 3 mouths and I have not found a solution! I hope you will see this and reply and tell me what the doctors told you.
    • Posted

I'm in the same boat. But I have found benadryl helps. If you look up histamines it might be further helpful

• Posted

Hi! any update on yours coz im feeling the same way. negative on all STIs but the burning sensation is still there from time to time... yes... mine comes n goes.

• Posted

I'm in the same boat

But I have found benadryl helps. From what i have read if your ph has changed it can cause that burning sensation

• Posted

Maricle cure for burning rectum from ibs or other conditions is queen Helen coco butter in the small jar. Instant relief. Can be bought at the dollar store.

• Posted

Hello to all of you. I have been suffering for almost ten years now from vagina , urethra and anus burning sensation. I have been to several doctors, including gynecologist, pathologist, gastroenterologist,have done all the std tests no infection perfect flora no yeast infection. I have been treated with anti yeast treatment, antibiotics etc with no result. I turned to homeopathy and as a result of that stopped drinking coffees. My situation got better. I now successfully use a cream which was perscribed by my homeopathic doctor which is made with Achillea millefolium and it treats dermatitis. This is the only thing that will cure me. I have used coconut butter and it is true to give relief but does not cure. I tend to believe that my condition is a  neurodermatitis . It all started after me taking fat burning pills which contained a big quantity of caffeine. I have observed that coffee makes me burning sensation to elapse. Hope I helped. Still fighting for the day that all my symptoms will be gone. Wish you all the best . 
  • Posted

Nancy I just googled and saw your awful problem.  The EXACT same thing happened to me.  Mine just started a week ago.  I’m going to do more research and I’ll keep you posted. 
  • Posted

hello again. I am more than happy to write to all of you about this. I have tried antacid pills for the stomach and the lining of its mucus and its seems to work. The burning has been lifted i feel normal again. NO URGE TO URINATE NO BURNING. There are supplements out there which contain enzymes for good digestion and mucus lining protection. I am going to try these as an everyday supplement. I do believe that what we are experiencing is mucus membrane lining inflammation that weirdly affects the lining of the mucus membranes of our genital area as well including our urethra.

• Posted

ana can i ask which antacid pills youve been taking?

• Posted

thanks my queen! has it helped with your symptoms?

• Posted

not really i have been drinking a gallon of green tea and that has been helping

• Posted

nancy i now have the same thing, 4 emercency rooms already they keep changing antiotics nothing is working,getting depressed. always burning

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.