can someone tell me the truth about cold progression

Posted , 11 users are following.

I was on a site yesterday buy only saw later the question was listed 8 years ago! Ian 58 stage 3 with 32% lung function.I can do nothing,every time I try my breath goes.Life has ended and I wonder his long I stay in stage 3,really I want to know is my life is going to go on like this for years.I could not stick it as it is no life like the one I had.To get washed and dressed is so hard,and I am full of fluidretention so look a sight.I am also very down and feel I would ruin anyone's day.There is no love in my life,that died a long time ago,oh I get fed but if he can be out of the house he is gone.Could the meds make me feel so based I was always a very happy person.My children don't know the new me.Do others feel like this.I was told 7 months ago how bad I was.Thank you'll for reAding this.

6 likes, 112 replies

112 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Do you have a good relationship with your doctor....can you ask him to answer your questions.....write them down so you don't forget anything.

try & stay strong it sounds as though you need a lot of back up from those around you.

• Posted

Hi Theodore30.Yes I do have a good relationship with my Doctor,but he said I wss asking him to be God as he can't tell me how long I could have,which I do understand as I have readof people having this for many mang years.The thing is I don't wat it if it's going to be like this as what I have now is awful,like kevin69896 by the time I am washed and dressed i am worn out.I will try as you say to stay strong and thank you for your kind reply.Take care of yourself.
    • Posted

hi there fedup......i think we all feel ur pain and fear and understand howu must be feeling u are brave in expressing ur true emotions and feelings to us all who share this awful condition.....i hope u can find some peace and comfort on this site knowing that we are all there for you and understand. good wishes to you..june
    • Posted

Hi june5141.Please believe ne I am so far from brave,I am expressing my emotions here as I have no other place to be truthful.I did feel,until I found this site that I was the only one who seems to  cry and feel so scared,but I now know we are all the same.Thank you for your kind wishes and all I can say is right back at you.Take care of yourself.
    • Posted

thankyou fedup...i will do my best.....sometimes its a help to know we arnt alone even tho its words on a site....but that there are real people on the other side writing them to us to give us abit of hope and understanding in managing this awful condition...wish the doctors were as helpful. june
    • Posted

How are you.fefup2 here

left update on site.Hope you sre ok.pleade let me know.

• Posted

Fedup2 back..update left on site.How are you doing..hope you are ok.Please let me know.
    • Posted

Morning theodore30

I am intrested in knowing if you know of palliative care & if you get this sort of care atall as I have just suggested to fedup2 whether they've thought of or know of this sort of care as I'm pretty sure your deinatly entitled to palliative care I don't get any of this support but someone on this forum a short time ago suggested this to me I'm quite limited at the moment on the knowledge of palliative care & am only at stage two though not far of from stage three what with the amount of infections one after the other & other health conditions.Do you get palliative care or anything similar & if so how do we go about getting it if you don't know that's ok aswell & hopefully this info could be of help to you also I wish you wellsmile

• Posted

I am 54 my Fev1 was 29% then 39% after a beating treatment.  I used to get wrote out getting dressed. Someone suggested something called Clear Lungs, it has really helped me I'm a week into that and 2 weeks into a diet change.  No white bread no white nothing.  Whole grain cereal for breakfast with fruit and hemp hearts on it. I am able to do alot of things,  I took 2 tires off of my garden tractor had them fixed and I put them back on Fri. Have been doing Pulmonary Rehab,  I highly suggest it if you can.  I hope you feel better. 
    • Posted

Hi jubal foster.I am shocked as I have read and been told that the pulmonary sprimetre(excuse spelling) cannot be improved.You have gone from leval4 back to 3.Am I correct in this?.What is clear Lungs as if it is to actually clear them it would be great as I go through boxes of tissues every day.Yes I am trying to diet and agree no white stuff,but when I get down I give in!Will look into that.I am so glad to read you are doing well.Keep it up.Thank you and take care of yourself.
    • Posted

I can't bring up sputum fedup2...it comes up into bottom half of throat  when I cough,then goes down again...!

But the tight chest,and pain between the shoulder blades is awful,even with my meds,is yours ?

I never eat white bread either,or white rice....infact I'm not eating so good anyway...nurse said I'm underweight ( course I knew that ! ),it hurts to eat to much,as the tightness in the chest feels worse..so she said eat little and often.

I personally have not come to terms with my condition,I just can't take it in.

I'm just taking every day as it comes,like I have always done.

Take care everyone. smile

• Posted

Clear Lungs is a herbal product.  I used to take mucinex twice daily but no more.  Mucinex does work I suggest you get one or the other.  I can go without my o2 now and go outside and do things.  I still techie my portable tank incase,  because I still get out of breath,  but usually do the pursed lip Breathing technique works great. 
    • Posted

Hi again,we seem to be the same,I cannot cough up sputum,I just asked jubal Foster about clear lungs which may help us.Yes I have the pains but mine are in my back from shoulder blade to shoulder blade,and sometimes dowm my sides and also in my arm.Wish I was underweight at least I would look better,I have put on about 2 and a half stone! Like you I have nit come to terms with all this and don't think I ever will.Take care of yourself.
    • Posted

Thank you,this will help not just me ,but also poppysocks1 and I am sure many more.I have never heard of this and as sputum is such a big part of copd it is a very important piece of informatiom.Thank you for coming back so quick.I will be trying this as soon as I can get it.Thanks again.
    • Posted

Yes, shoulder blade to shoulder blade,and in left arm on accassions.

Heart is ok though was checked out on that about a month ago.

Rib cage all round hurts too,but I don't find that is through coughing,as it hurts most days even when not coughing it might be though.

Happens at night also when I lay down.

I shall ask when I see the consultant next month.

Shall also ask the chemist who does my prescriptions if it's ok to take Clear Lungs,not heard of it at all,for loosening and bringing up the sputum.

Thanks for info.smile

• Posted

You might have something out of place from coughing. Maybe a chiropractor can help.  The Clear Lungs is anywhere from $18-22 depending on where you get it.  Also  try hemp hearts, or hemp powder,  it's one of the best sources for protein.
    • Posted

Hi ,I am asking you in the hope thst you or someone else may have heard of Salt Therapy,from what I read about this last night it seems to be very good.Has anyone tried it,if so what were the results..Thanks
    • Posted

Morning fedup,I only know what I have read on this forum,sounded ok,if one can afford to do it,I know I can't.

Hope your day is a good one. smile

• Posted

I have read a little bit on it. Heard something about a salt pipe. And salt caves for therapy.  I would be interested in knowing more myself. 
    • Posted

My friend bought a SALTPIPE for me and after a few weeks use I had cut my asthma drugs by half - I LOVE IT -  The salt caves are fine if you are rich, but then when you go home you are back to normal wheezing - - this pipe will last 5 years, small ceramic, handy to take with you on trips. I have bought another just in case ! Very happy about this silly advert that I didnt believe anyway. 
    • Posted

Hi.This sounds great,do you know can copd sufferers use it and where can we get it.If the salt caves only work while you are there,then this is no good.Have any copd sufferers out there used this.Anything that gives relief would be good,does this help with breathing.Thanking you.
    • Posted

You will have to search yourself as this site wont allow me to post the details. If you can breathe you can use it. Breathe in through your mouth, block your throat with your tongue and breathe out through your nose, I do it for 20 mins as I sit here at the comp. I will answer any emails.
    • Posted

I'm interested in the salt pipe.  How do I go about finding one? I will try to email you my email. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.