Can't stop crying...feel like a burden and affecting my family

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone feel numb as if a wet blanket over your brain? Or is this what depression feels like? I have never felt like this before in my life until reactivated EBV...it's spring..wanna clean, walk my dog, play with grandbabies, cook out on grill for my family, help my aging parents, get my hair done (scared of chemicals in color), put on makeup, enjoy a movie...this all seems so far out of reach..I have been going to my oldest daughter's often to be with her and grandbabies (we always were together a lot before I sick also) but the past few days I can tell im wearing on my daughter..I know me being sick has been so difficult on my entire family but now i need to leave my daughter alone for awhile as even my granddaughters are getting frustrated cause I can't play like they were used to (they all have been so sweet and supportive but no one expected I would be ill this long and things are changing now).. I've been crying all day uncontrollably..this has amplified my symtoms 10 fold and I'm angry with myself for doing this! Anyway, my days will now consist of being home and basically sitting and staring at all that needs done here...is it time to try an antidepressant?Does anyone have same experience? And anyone try antidepressant? This doesn't necessarily feel like depression but maybe it is? I wish i could come on here and be more positive! I've stayed off for a couple days as i knew I would be a downer like now..im thinking of you all and hoping you all are making improvements! Wishing you well..lecasco

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi lecasco really sorry to hear you arent feeling great sad i also have never suffered with anxiety or anything up untill this virus the doc gave me some anti depressant/anxiety tablets (small dosage) but i think they have helped me a little as once i calmed to down abit my symptoms seem to ease i dont plan on taking them forever but if they help for now why not?? Wishing you all the best 
    • Posted

Thanks so much Poppy! Really messing with me right now but im hoping let's up soon! Hope you're mouth problems doing better! I think i miss some updates cause I'm always using my phone..take care and best wishes! Lecasco

• Posted

Hi Lecasco,

i had days and days like this when I couldn't stop crying for no reason, last year I also longed to do all those things you want to do, walk the dog, clean, etc and this year I'm doing all those things, the crying has pretty much gone, I never took anti depressants during this illness or before this, I've never suffered with it before, I didn't really understand why I was crying like this. But I have improved immensely....its been 1yr 3 months for me. And I'm pretty much normal except I just need to fill in that last 10%of my life so I'm back to normal as I still get tired and have to be careful.

it will happen, just slow!

Caroline x

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

So glad to hear you are better, I feel the same about 90 percent there,

• Posted

Hi mono,

yes, 90% or so...... It's just this last little bit to go now. I'm normal enough, just get slightly breathless sometimes and a bit tired. I'm not doing any rigorous excercise yet don't want to push it!

i can even have an occasional beer or wine now, just daren't have any more! 

Its just incredible how this virus effects us. Lovely to hear from you too, xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply! Means alot! I am so happy to hear you're almost there! And I hope that last 10% fills in fast for you. So encouraging to hear theres a possible end in sight to this evil virus! ?..All I can do is keep taking it one day at time..thanks again..lecasco

• Posted

Hi Lecasco,

that is what I say A LOT!  Just take one day at a time, and just do 'NOW' as that is all you can do. Just go with it. I promise you it does get better,it doesn't seem like it but it does. it's just frustratingly slow.

the relapses or set backs are tough to deal with, I thought this is it when I was feeling better and then when I felt bad again it was such a blow. And that also happened a lot!!

caroline x

• Posted

Really pleased to hear you are making progress Caroline, you deserve it so much as I know you've been through an awful time. You're being wise not to push things too much, but let me tell you from experience that your full body resilience does return where you can get to the stage where you can do things like exercise fully or take on extra activities or a busy lifestyle without your body letting you down. It doesn't always feel that way even at the stage you are at now, but that does come fully again over time!

Always good to hear from you too!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig, that means a lot when you tell me I will go on and make a full recovery....I kinda know I will or people say this but the doubts sometimes are there. I need to be told that this will go, it's nice to hear it from someone else. I hope you're having better times with your back. I also believe you will get better, our bodies are complicated machines! Just takes such a long time.

ttfn,

caroline.x

• Posted

Thanks Caroline, I know it means a lot to me when someone tells me that too - need it also as going through a tough time with prostatitis and back pain, hoping something changes soon!

I totally believe you are going to get 100% better Caroline, you're not just going to be stuck in this 'kind of' recovery mode, absolutely not, things will continue to progress I truly believe.

Craig x

• Posted

Craig you are being attacked by the enemy! You have helped and uplifted so many of us on this site. You speak against our illness in the name of Jesus and the enemy doesn’t like that! The enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy! This illness has almost destroyed me, but you always give words of encouragement and hope that a new day is coming. A day where I won’t be sick with this illness anymore. I have lived on your words for over a year . It has been a slow process, but I am believing that I will one day return to my old self.
    • Posted

This is so true, Brent. Craig has been a god send to all of us who have struggled with the virus.He was more help than my doctors in giving guidance and encouragement. I am forever thankful for all your kind words Craig. I hope all of you are feeling much better soon.
    • Posted

Thank you Brent and Mono - your words mean so much to me and have made me feel a bit emotional because I just want to be better too and finding it so hard to deal with my problems right now. I really want the Lord to protect all of us from all attacks from the enemy, I want so much for us all to be better.

Please keep me in your prayers too guys, I'm having a rough time right now. I'm still believing in recovery for everyone on the site thanks to Jesus.

Craig

• Posted

Really hope your feeling better soon craig you have been so helpful & friendly this forum has genuinely helped me through!! Try to stay positive i no its not easy but i have deffo learned with GF that by being negative it can drag you down further! Keep pestering your doctors if your uncomfortable or scared! 

• Posted

Thank you Poppy yes will keep trying, have been pestering doctors for months to not much avail really, hoping so much also you feel better soon too - it's been such a tough time for us all I know!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.