Caused by certain partner? His bacteria hates me?

Posted , 72 users are following.

Hi. I'm a 32 year old woman in a serious, monogamous relationship. I've never had a yeast infection or experienced symptoms of BV until I started this new relationship. (Previously in a long-term relationships, had sex, never had an infection.) A few days after the first time I had sex with my new partner, I noticed a terrible smell of death, and was just horrified. Tried natural remedies and finally gave up, swallowed my embarrassment, went to the dr, and got on antibiotics. Cleared it up. We used condoms for awhile because I was certain he had caused it, even though some docs say men don't cause it, but I know my body. And I'd never had it before, so what else could it be?!? We stopped using condoms (I was on bc) and then I got it again. SERIOUSLY. Are our bodies just not compatible because his bacteria screws up mine? Should he get treated? I hate this. HATE IT. What are your experiences? Caused by sex? Caused by randomness? I'm pulling my hair out. I don't NOT want to have sex with this person. Holy hell, will we have to use condoms forever? I can't see getting married and having to rely on condoms to not get an infection. Thoughts, please.

6 likes, 101 replies

101 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Lauren

My story is similar to yours.  I was with someone for years and was fine - as soon as I changed partner I started getting it and now it won't go away.

I think the make up of the new guy's sperm is probably different to your ex and it is causing your body to have problems.  However, I really think the underlying cause is a deficiency for the woman in certain vitamins and minerals - perhaps your ex's sperm was manageable for your body, but due to the make up of the new guy's sperm, it has pushed it into the category of not being able to overcome it.  The effect of a mineral deficiency is sometimes not seen until years down the line when the body is completely depleated!

I got BV the other week and the antibiotics have now actually stopped working on me.  Vitimin C insert has helped keep the smell away but I am convinced it is not completely gone as it doesn't 'feel' normal down there. 

Just as some added info (I have been researching since the antibiotics didn't work), a woman's body is supposed to adjust it's PH to allow for sperm to pass through.  A normal PH level in a woman's body would kill all the sperm and prevent pregnancy - so you see, a woman's body needs to adjust itself to allow something alkaline to pass through - but the point is, it is supposed to go back to normal afterwards and it seems to me, a woman who is deficient in what she needs for that process to work properly won't be able to get there in certain situations (such as a partner who has a bad diet etc).

• Posted

That's exactly me my boyfriend is on a lot of medicine and he has poor diet he eats junk food all day all night soda cake ice cream all types of chocolate candy any type of candy ice cream and he's a diabetic too and I'm facing the same problem antibiotics a slow it down and help it a little bit but does not cure it all the time unless I'm not having sex with him for weeks or month

• Posted

You may be allergic to his semen, the terminology is called "Human Seminal Plasma Hypersensitivity" HSPH. Unfortunately many physicians are clueless about this serious condition that can cause PID, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease in women.

I'll wait to see if you're still interested in find out about what's going on to explain why this could be the case.

• Posted

Yes that's what I'm guessing is going on with me to this crazy and embarrassed to me.... All this back and forth between Dr to Dr and hospital stuff

• Posted

Hello Lauren, I am just in the exact same place as you (or was) I am just wandering if you ever found a solution that worked for you? What happened now? Because I just realised that my boyfriend may be giving me BV, becayse i always get it when i have sex with him, we have been together 5 months and i have had it continously for 5 months - nothing works and doctors can only give meds that dont work. Our sex life is getting worse now, and i do not want this to be the end of our relasionship if we cannot find a solution to make it better..  Thanks Hun
  • Edited

Hey hon he needs to be treated these IGNORANT DOCTORS r not telling people it is a std he needs to be treated with clyndimyacin both of y'alll it will go away unless he cheats and gets it back.

• Posted

Hey, are you saying that BV is an STD? How did you find out?

Thanks

• Edited

Yes bn thru it for years they would only treat me every time I slept with him I got it again. So I demanded they treat us both with clydimyacin and low and behold never came bk. UNTIL HE CHEATED. THESE DOCTORS ARE IGNORANT WE NEED TO STAND UP ITS COMMON SENSE ITS PASSED ITS A BACTERIA TRY IT
    • Posted

HI ! I'm a trained medical professional for about 7 years now and NO dear Bv is NOT and std , Bv can be heightened by sexual intercourse with multiple partners or a new partner ! As a person said previously the body is trained to be used to certain bodily fluids (unless ur having sex with multiple well then you may know BV or std very well unfortunately) but when u have a new partner your having unprotected sexual and especially if neither of you aren't the healthiest it's easy to throw off Your PH , Also of you already had a hormonal imbalance before sex just no fishy smell or noticeable signs that could be the problem but the sperm of your partner was able to reveal symptoms of what You already had , Eat healthier drink water (make sure it's not just a bad yeast infection) take vitamins and try and keep one partner you trust and get tested regularly together , things will get better !

• Posted

Hi, thank you very much. Again I am told I need to take antibiotics and use some gel. So hopefully by then it will be gone. I did have one sexual partner but we broke up now as he cheated on me. So I guess I should clear up now down there... will be nice to be free from BV again!! Thanks tho.
    • Posted

I'm sorry that happened to you , love will come your way again best of luck to u ! Weirdly as a side note I know a friend who had it and said she used Monistat 3 day treated it as a yeast infection and all that bacteria drained and the smell went away ! Worth a try

• Posted

So I have to ask you a question because you seem to know more then anyone else on here who definitely are not right. I know that BV isn't an std or sti and it's just an infection. But what I was wondering is if my sex partner gave me the infection? Like we have been together for over three years and I get checked every year or so and never had this infection, only like a uti... so I'm thinking why am I getting this now? Well in the spring I heard that a girl or two supposedly slept with him but he denied it and still does until this day. Do you think he cheated, just be honest or is it that my Ph balance is just off

• Posted

Hello I thought it was to, but I went to the doctor and got tested for stds and I was negative and was ask if I have a new partner. My boyfriend is a nurse and he changed his diet and started right before we dated. He told me my body is rejecting his. I went two doctors and they both told me that I do t have an sdt 
    • Posted

At this point experience is better than a prognosis... It can't hurt for both to get treated.. I know my Dr said if it returned he would check and treat him... We are no longer together and i haven't had any problems since... It was the MAN!! lolololol.....

• Posted

Wait so what are you saying I took all of these tests and I don't have nothing we move from one state to another state and they check me for everything but it's every time I am having sex with my partner I'm getting it constantly off and on but when I'm not having sex with my partner I'm not getting anything so I'm not understanding the part that you're saying it could keep coming back if he has STDs why isn't it showing up on any of my test results question I don't have anything so answer that one for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.