Caused by certain partner? His bacteria hates me?

Posted , 72 users are following.

Hi. I'm a 32 year old woman in a serious, monogamous relationship. I've never had a yeast infection or experienced symptoms of BV until I started this new relationship. (Previously in a long-term relationships, had sex, never had an infection.) A few days after the first time I had sex with my new partner, I noticed a terrible smell of death, and was just horrified. Tried natural remedies and finally gave up, swallowed my embarrassment, went to the dr, and got on antibiotics. Cleared it up. We used condoms for awhile because I was certain he had caused it, even though some docs say men don't cause it, but I know my body. And I'd never had it before, so what else could it be?!? We stopped using condoms (I was on bc) and then I got it again. SERIOUSLY. Are our bodies just not compatible because his bacteria screws up mine? Should he get treated? I hate this. HATE IT. What are your experiences? Caused by sex? Caused by randomness? I'm pulling my hair out. I don't NOT want to have sex with this person. Holy hell, will we have to use condoms forever? I can't see getting married and having to rely on condoms to not get an infection. Thoughts, please.

6 likes, 101 replies

101 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I see your post is 3 years old but I just ran across it. I was/am in the exact same situation. I was in a long term relationship and I never had anything, especially not BV. I broke up with this person and starting dating a new guy. When we had sex the first time without a condom, I noticed this awful smell days later. I was horrified because I had never had anything wrong down there. I went to the doctor and that's when I first learned about BV. The treatment worked but as soon as I had sex with my partner I got it again. This happened SEVERAL more times until I absolutely knew it was coming from him. I DON'T CARE what medical professionals say, MEN DO CARRY BV AND THEY PASS IT ON TO WOMEN. The reason they keep passing it on is because these STUPID doctors keep telling women that men can't pass it therefore they don't need to be treated. They do! My partner got pills from his doctor for treatment. He took them and I used the gel. FINALLY no more BV...ever! We need to FORGET what these docs say and start using common sense. If we have it and have sex with them, how can they NOT get it? Now fast forward years...this guy and I broke up. I got married later and stayed married for years with never a BV issue. I got divorced a few years ago and recently started dating my ex again. We used condoms for 6 months. Last week we had sex without one and just like that the BV is back. I told him to get treated again but I can't stay with him. He's getting that BV from someone. I can't go back down that road. Hope you found answers. I also hope this helps someone else. It has NOTHING to do with diet. Don't believe that.

• Posted

Ok so me and my fiancé can have sex 100 times without me getting BV but the one time he ejaculates in me then BV appears. It's definitely from the alkaline in his semen. His semen is too strong for my vagina. It only happen so when he cums in me and the doc said to pee right after finishing sex and it works sometimes to pee it out but other times I am right at the doctors.

• Posted

So I have to ask you a question because I know that BV isn't an std or sti and it's just an infection. But what I was wondering is if my sex partner gave me the infection? We have never used condoms either. We have been together for over three years and I get checked every year or so and never had this infection, only like a uti... so I'm thinking why am I getting this now? Well in the spring I heard that a girl or two supposedly slept with him but he denied it and still does until this day. Do you think he cheated, just be honest or is it that my Ph balance is just off

• Posted

My bf and i have been on and off for 4 years. Juat got back together 2 months ago and for the first time he came in me. 2 days later i got an itching sensation. Went to the doctor and she said it was either Bv or chlamydia. Sti tests came back negative.Took meds for Bv and symtoms came back in 2 days. Used monistat because i assumed i got a yeast infection for 2 days and the symptoms decreased. I went to get the pill for yeast infection and to be tested to be safe. The results came back and my doc said she saw nothing indicating a yeast infection,BV and all my sti results came back negative. But she did say my ph was 5.5 and bacteria was found. We tried to have sex with a condom the 3rd day after i took the pill for yeast infections but we stopped cause it hurt. I think i was sore from the monistat and not fully healed. i really believe that his sperm was the problem. My doc on the other hand felt like i had an sti and ignored me when i said it could be his sperm. Oh and he had no symotoms throughout the whole 2 weeks of me recovering. We have not had sex since the last time we tried.
    • Posted

OMG! Long story short. I was with the same man for 6 years. BV has literally haunted me. In August of 2017 I married this man. 

After washing his clothes as the wife. I see receipts of purchase 3 separate occasions of visits to this local strip club. My now husband visits this hell hole 3-4 times a week is what I learned after slapping a gps tracker on his car.

I left him and am now headed for a divorce!

I’m dating someone from my past- we have sex unprotected- and guess what... NO BV!

I believe my husband may have been exchanging bodily fluids with some of those women at the strip club. My vagina is healthy and happy again.

Needless to say- my marriage didn’t even last 1 good month!

We were married on the 19th and the bank statement showed he was at the strip club on the 21st... shortest marriage ever! Men are picking that crap up and should be treated so that it can go away for good.

In this case- it’s no longer my problem! I feel for his next woman ehhhh

• Posted

So is you trying to tell me that he's out cheating then? If I'm getting it back to back and other up here are getting it?

• Posted

BV is bacteria vaginosis, men can not get vaginal infections. Certain men can throw your pH balance off and can cause bv to reoccur when active with the same person that changes your natural balance. 
  • Posted

Just wanted to let you know a quick fix, I've been getting bv on off for years, the hydogen peroxide solution does work too but causes me terrible cramps. I'd heard coconut oil is anti bacterial as well as anti inflammatory (and cheap, I got mine from aldis) so I gave it a go and it works immediately for the smell...(which is the worst part of bv) I wash out a wetwipe sometimes 2 with water (works better than a tampax as the oil will just slide off, dip the wetwipe in the oil tub till it's covered...like a big amount... And just push it all the way up as far as itl go and just leave it there for half an hour and do again... Smell gone :-) it may not be a permanent fix but it fixes it for a couple of days and sometimes doesn't come back! Metronidazole kills me so it's not an option I prefer the natural stuff!

• Posted

What did you do? My new bf and I had sex twice each time he gave me BV. I when to the doctor and got text for stds and it came negative plus my father is a nurse he told me my body is rejecting him. I hv been on meds and condoms and I still have it. Now we hardly talk bc of it. I need help. 
  • Posted

I've been with my husband for 17 years and when we first got together I realized I had BV. I was put on antibiotics and in seven days I was back to normal, I was assured it wasn't an STD so he didn't take anything. I'm 37 now and 4 months ago it came back with a vengeance, I was sure my husband cheated so he had to build a dog house until my doctors appointment. It was indeed BV but I refused to take antibiotics. So I took Olive Leaf supplements in a cup of water and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day, I also added a kefir smoothie with some fruit and Immune Tree Colostrum to my breakfast and in about 3 days the odor was completely gone and I was back to normal. AS SOON as I gave him some he noticed a smell a few days later. Because this is a very embarrassing issue in women it's hard to find open discussion's or natural remedies that work for a long period of time. I know using condoms or going without sex for months at a time won't work for my marriage. But who has had this issue before and what did you do? I've been to two doctors and they said the same thing " It's not an STD and your husband can't take anything, when it happens again just come in for the antibiotics. " NO! Antibiotics kills all the bacteria, good and bad but we need the good bacteria because the lack of it causes the imbalance. Is there anyone that can relate? This is messing my sex life UP!

• Posted

Ok, so I know ur hearing a million different things, but please trust me when I say IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DIET.  I am 45 years old and until the current 3 year relationship I’m in, I’ve NEVER had a problem down there.  It is the most embarrassing, humiliating situation, as well as the emotional toll it takes. Once we became exclusive we stopped using condoms and low and behold, after the very first time without them, I smelled worse than the Fulton St fish market.  So of course I ran to the doctor, swabbed me, and  she told me I had BV, wrote me a script for metro gel for 5 Days...after the first night the odor was gone, but of course finished the dose. After a month, same thing, the odor was back. Ran to the doctor, and again prescribed me the metro gel. Like before, the odor was gone after night one, yet I continued for 7 Days instead of 5. Fast forward one month and it happens again!! WTF right?? So now i start reasearching, not only online but at the hospital I work at. After speaking to numerous Gyn’s, infectious disease and general practitioners, the bottom line is its all about PH. Normal levels in a woman’s vagina is 3.8 -4.5 compared to that of a mans which is 7.2 - 8.0. Do the math people!! If ur partner is on the higher end, ur body may not be able to flush it as with previous partners. It is absolutely not an STD or an STI. So what’s the cure? Unless u plan on changing sexual partners, there isn’t one. U can take as many vitamins, probiotics or whatever other concoctions these people are telling you, OR you can save urself the headache and ask ur doctor for Boric Acid suppositories. Insert one immediately after sex, or next morning if that’s not possible, and it’ll kill anything off. Please trust me on this, it’s the only thing that has saved me. Good luck 😊

• Posted

Honey- you should have him treated for BV as well. If it come back after you have both been treated. Perhaps, someone is going elsewhere... 
    • Posted

Boric Acid is the answer!!! I agree. Finally a solution!!
  • Posted

Hi Ladies,

I know this is an old thread but I have been looking into BV as my new partners experiences this regularly. I though I would share my thoughts in case anyone finds them pertinent.

My partner has never had BV when she was younger but since her 20s (now in her 40s) had it with each of her previous partners. All with the exception of two. I was one of those which I was really pleased to hear. However a couple of months ago her BV returned each time I would ejaculate inside her. This was puzzling to us both and we were both very disheartened.

After talking it seems that the appearance of BV with me coincided with my change in diet. My partner is Vegan and I have now given up dairy and meat. We are both convinced that my change in diet has altered my pH and the resultant change is now triggering her BV.

The other man she did not experience it with was a complete meat eater and interestingly didn't have a great diet or a very healthy lifestyle. I like to think I eat healthily and I exercise regularly. We have both been tested and have no STDs.

I know that dairy increased the body pH in general (which is why incidentally drinking dairy is actually bad for your bones as it leaches out calcium in an attempt to neutralise the acidifying effect).

We all know that diet affects a man's semen, the common one is that drinking pineapple juice for instance increases sweetness slightly. Taste is simply a slight change in chemical composition.

I am starting to look into this more but I believe if a man can increase the pH of his semen (at least on the days you are likely to have sex) then this could avoid the BV developing.

Incidentally my partner finds taking probiotics does help but they are expensive and she does sometimes forget to take them. Also gels such as Multi-Gyn ActiGel work very well if used the same day. Putting it in over night is best as you are laying down for a prolonged period meaning you don't have to worry about trying to find a way to keep it from coming out.

Anyway hope that is of use to someone.

• Posted

I Am having the same problem I've been married for 13 yrs one min it's BV I go to the Dr and take the medicine it's gone.now every time we have sex we smell it after he ejaculates. I really don't have the money to keep running to the dr . Help me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.