CHAMPIX. 7 WEEKS ON AND ITS BECOME HELL.

Posted , 22 users are following.

Started on the champix 7 weeks ago and at first i was so happy with the tablet, it made giving up so easy for me, Yes i had you used a little will power at times and had a few days where it nagged me mad, i think that was about 3 weeks in. the last 4 weeks have been hell at night as i am having 3 perhaps 4 nightmares or bad dreams each night and the lack of getting a good nights rest  caught up on me but no way was i giving in to fags. My smoking adivser at the doctors is away at the mo and ive had bad thoughts during the day and feeling low. 3 days ago i decided i must stop taking the evening tablet and only take the morning one if i am at all going to improve my sleep and day time thoughts, Last night i was dream free thank good and my thoughts are back on track, so for now its one tablet a day for me and fight a little bit harder.

4 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I didn't take Champix last night or this morning after 2 weeks of feeling terrible. Is one tablet a day OK? Guess its the same as not as using patches at night really?? Do you really feel better and sleeping Ok with one tablet in the morning?
    • Posted

After week 5 or therabouts, I reduced to half a tab, twice daily. Have been stopped 9 months now. X
    • Posted

Do try to have one a day for a while even if its half at a time, i just went straight for one in the morning so i could have a good night and its worked for me. but thats some week behind me, as you have completed 2 weeks try to hang on in there with some form of help from the tablet.

i would sugest going for one a day at lunch time if you can make it till then each day but best see your support clinic.

today i have gone without my tablet and as of 2pm, now. i dont feel any worse but its just a trial as i dont want to go the full lenght on these tablets but if i have to then i will, i can see how well they work and they work very well apart from driving me round the twist but thats short term and turning back will be for ever.

• Posted

This is my second time stopping with Champix.  Stopped for 9 months in 2011 and stupidly thought I could just have one cigarette. This is day 3 of not smoking and was sick a few times over the past week but it seems to have settled now.  Keep up the good work everyone :-)
  • Posted

It was about 2 hours after taking my tablet
    • Posted

Ho right, mine is about 5 mins but i guess it just takes a little longer with you, are you eating something even a biscuit before hand.
  • Posted

Now waiting till after proper meal and seems to have worked
    • Posted

Keep going! You are now a non smoker and getting healthier and wealthier by the day. Well done.
    • Posted

I found that eating with it really helps but funny the advice on the leaflet says can be taken with or without food. It also doesn't mention taking it with water but I looked up further advice from the drug company and it says it should be taken with a large glass of water. I've been doing that too now. I've decided to put up with the minor side effects as I know they will stop and worth it to help me beat this awful addction to nicotine. Though I'm not on the full dose yet, but fingers crossed!
  • Posted

My names is Brenda, from London. I am in college and have been asked to do a research project and I chose the topic 'Smoking can cause lung cancer'. All members taking part will be anonymised and only SHARED  with my tutor. Thank you 

How has smoking impacted on carrying out normal activities?

• Posted

HI Brendda im 58 and smoked for nearly 40 of them but gave up in oct 2013 yes my lungs have inproved but long term damage has proberly already taken its toll  IE my legs hurt due to blood circulation .A lot of people would now say im cured but thats not true every day I make the effort not to smoke and if they were free i may restart or if i was given 6 months to live the first thing i would do is buy 20 cigs and enjoy myself its sad but true.
    • Posted

Apart from affecting my breathing - smoking also makes me lazy - i.e I get on and do much more at the times when  I have given up. 
    • Posted

now that you have stopped smoking everything will be fine. 

Have you had weight loss due to smoking?

• Posted

No brenda i put weight on  but i tend to snack more but i think that comes with age anyway I try  keep fit more so it should be ok. Iv also stoped eating sweets as i use to eat a lot of them.
    • Posted

Hope your still doing well and managing. im down to half a tablet a day now due to the effects they have on me, i started that a weeks ago, hard going at times but will stick with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.