CHAMPIX. 7 WEEKS ON AND ITS BECOME HELL.

Posted , 22 users are following.

Started on the champix 7 weeks ago and at first i was so happy with the tablet, it made giving up so easy for me, Yes i had you used a little will power at times and had a few days where it nagged me mad, i think that was about 3 weeks in. the last 4 weeks have been hell at night as i am having 3 perhaps 4 nightmares or bad dreams each night and the lack of getting a good nights rest  caught up on me but no way was i giving in to fags. My smoking adivser at the doctors is away at the mo and ive had bad thoughts during the day and feeling low. 3 days ago i decided i must stop taking the evening tablet and only take the morning one if i am at all going to improve my sleep and day time thoughts, Last night i was dream free thank good and my thoughts are back on track, so for now its one tablet a day for me and fight a little bit harder.

4 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

11 weeks tomorrow since i stopped, what a rollercoaster. i had to reduce my champix weeks ago from 2 blue a day to 1 white a day, 75% reduction but hear i am feeling alot better for the reduction although will power almost collapsed once or twice but i managed to keep going. My advice to anyone is keep going no matter how hard it gets, stopping once it hard but much easier than stopping several times for 2 weeks at a time, ive been there and done it before. when people say if i can do it anyone can is bull, what you need its loads of support and if freinds offer you a smoke there realy saying im jelous.
    • Posted

Well done some times it seems like a punisment because the mind is trying to tempt you but you like me will win in the end and at every goverment buget and fags go up 15p or more i can now smile and say thank heavens i dont smoke. So well done.
    • Posted

Thanks graham, you have been with me all the way on this and your support has been great. lets both keep going.
    • Posted

Im 10 months off the fags now. Have put on a bit of weight, but started exercising and my lungs feel great, what a difference. It honestly gets easier every day. I still occasionally think about having a cig, but that used to be about 10 times a day, now most days I dont even think about it. You are both well past the worst part, keep going, make all that hard work worth while. You wont look back, except maybe like me, to wish you had done it years ago. 
    • Posted

Thanks debbie, a little weight wont hurt you as much as cancer could have. yes no turning back now,. I watch my wife smoke every day and to see this cloud coming from her mouth is enough to turn me of smokeing alone.
    • Posted

Hopefully she might find the same strength to quit sometime. Wish I had done it years ago. Power to your elbow!
  • Posted

15 weeks on now and doing well, I did wonder at times wheather i would get this far and i think being part of this forum has helped quite a bit so thanks everyone. I had to stop the champix in the end before the end of the treatment but managed anyway. good luck to anyone starting out and im hear to help if i can.
    • Posted

Give yourself a huge pat on the back, you have done incredibly well. Im really pleased for you. Im almost a year stopped now, and there have been times where Ive been tempted. But the thought of undoing all the hard work, the smell, the cough, the waste of money, the worry about health.....and simply saying to myself Im a nonsmoker.... The sense of freedom is the best thing. You will be able to help others because you had such a hard time and came through, you will be much more empathetic now.  Take care and congratulations!
  • Posted

Hi. Well done quitting. I currently taking champix I have been taking it for two weeks nearly but since I have gone on to the two blue tablets a day one at night an one in evening I can't stop being sick. As soon as I take the tablet that is it feel sick for hours n end up being sick a few times I feel ok as the afternoon goes on but as soon as I have to take the other tablet the sick feeling comes back again. I can see a difference when taking tablets as I don't want a fag but I know in myself if I stop taking tablet I will just start again n I don't want that to happen but I don't know how much longer I can go on feeling and being sick I have had to take all this week off work as I work with children an can't stop being sick. Can you suggest or advise me plz x
    • Posted

Poor poor you, sadly this is quite common and yours realy has got to you. firstly make sure you eat something before taking them, its very important as i found out. next try cutting tablets in half and have 4 times a day so you are only takeing as much as the white ones at any one time, this may be the answer for you. if it works see your smokeing advisor as they can take you of blue and double up on the white ones but 1. 4 times a day. best of luck and best wishes.
  • Posted

Sounds good. The dreams can get pretty bad and extremely vivid. I started taking my second pill 5 hours before bed time as opposed to 1 or 2 hours and I haven't had any bad dreams yet, that I can remember anyway.

Hang in there!!smile

• Posted

Almost six months smoke free now and not one set back. seemed hard to imagine getting this far but as you can see you can do it. I now forget the weeks as they go by, i remember counting the day and then the weeks now the months. people on here have been a big help and i owe thanks to all who gave me support.
    • Posted

Just great news. Im so pleased for you. Champix is a magic drug! Im over a year now. Was out in a pub for the first time in ages last week. Loads of people going outside for a fag and could smell it all evening as we were sitting near the door. Half of me hated the smell and the other half really fancied a fag. I know that having one would ruin all the good work and effort, so I know I can never go back there.  We are non smokers, what a relief! Xx
    • Posted

Well done debbie. you and graham have been great support to me during these 6 months. yes i also get a fancy for one but its not a craving thank god but when i do i remind my self i would choke my lungs up. anyway all those smokers that were going outside while you were in the pub were wishing they were as strong as you and must envy you, well done.
    • Posted

I just think if I had a drink too many and weakened, how crap I would be feeling now. Not worth it now, or ever! You will no doubt have joined us in supporting others! I just wish I could beat the chocolate cravings now....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.