CHAMPIX. 7 WEEKS ON AND ITS BECOME HELL.

Posted , 22 users are following.

Started on the champix 7 weeks ago and at first i was so happy with the tablet, it made giving up so easy for me, Yes i had you used a little will power at times and had a few days where it nagged me mad, i think that was about 3 weeks in. the last 4 weeks have been hell at night as i am having 3 perhaps 4 nightmares or bad dreams each night and the lack of getting a good nights rest  caught up on me but no way was i giving in to fags. My smoking adivser at the doctors is away at the mo and ive had bad thoughts during the day and feeling low. 3 days ago i decided i must stop taking the evening tablet and only take the morning one if i am at all going to improve my sleep and day time thoughts, Last night i was dream free thank good and my thoughts are back on track, so for now its one tablet a day for me and fight a little bit harder.

4 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well done mate made my day when i saw your last post im now into my 20th month so great news im off to devon next week all paid for by  giving up the cigs.
    • Posted

Good to hear from you graham and well done. Well you said you was gonna keep an eye on me lol. enjoy your holiday compliments of the tobaco industry and a big thankyou for your support.
  • Posted

Still not smokeing 8 months on
    • Posted

GREAT NEWS! So pleased for you. Over a year on, I still have the occasional temptation, but I cannot go back there, not even one. I can sniff a fag out from quite a distance now, its a real live hate relationship. I know I would go back there if it wasnt for the deadly health issues that come with smoking. Its only taken 50 odd years for me to wise up! Xx
  • Posted

YES! well done Iv been with you all the way you can have a big party in Jan to celerbrate the new year and a none smoker .  2yrs for me in oct and yes  i sometimes get the odd twinge but I know its just the old brain trying to trick me i will never never go down that path again so yet again well done.
    • Posted

Yes graham, you and debbie have been great support all the way and im very greatfull to you both, ive been lucky having you both. i cannot convince my wife to stop so i now sleep with an ashtray lol.
  • Posted

HA HA that is so strange my wife also wont give up so I also sleep with an ashtray.She also hates it when she states how much i spend on the garden and i tell her its cheaper then her fagscheesygrin
    • Posted

You two have superpowers, to have managed to stop when your other halves are still smoking. Hats off to you gents!
    • Posted

Hi. I am 3 weeks into my Champix course and on day 5 of not smoking. I am really heartened to read your posts and the very sensible advice and tips. I'm doing ok, no real cravings to speak of but I do feel like something is missing from my day! No side effects as yet although I'm now wondering if I will get some further into the course. My husband still smoking but watching how I get on with interest and has said he might come to my quit club next week. Hope so! 
    • Posted

Hi diane. Well first of, A big big well done to you, You are already a non smoker and taken the largest step forward. Not everone will get side effects from champix and i doubt i would ever have made it without them.

I am on a multitude of tablets and that may not of helped.Champix is something i would recomend to people . your strenght has already proved you are in control, it may seem silly but i readly did pat my self on the back ever day and smile to my self . Its great to hear that your Husband is watching your sucsess this week and may join  as it must give you more determination. before you know it you will have stoped counting the day and weeks and start counting the months untill you forget all together. . We are all hear for you at any time and our happiness is your sucsess

• Posted

Well done diane I hope your husband will go with you even if hes not ready to try himself yet. The first 3 months is when you need all the surport you can get my wife caved in after 3 months but was a great surport to me and to this day has never smoked in the house.I once thought my wife was the lucky one when she had a fag but i now know im the lucky one as that white stick in my mouth no longer rules my life so stay strong We are all with you.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for that. I've also signed up with Stoptober and it's great but there don't appear to many others using Champix on the chat sites. 

Day 6 tomorrow, can't wait to have that first week under my belt! 

• Posted

So pleased for you. You have done the really hard bit...getting through the first 48 hours, now you just have to stay focused. I promise it gets easier each day. If you can do 6 days, you can do 6 weeks. Etc. Ive stopped over a year ago now but there are still times I feel something is missing. I then realise Im thinking about fags....tell myself that I cant do that any more....and the feeling quickly passes. Like Graham, I feel a huge sense of freedom. We are here for you. X
    • Posted

Thanks debbie. I am very determined to suceed this time! Good news is my husband definitely wants to come with me to Quit Club this week so Im really pleased about that. Great to know you are there for me. Thanks again x
    • Posted

Pleasure Diane. Think postive thoughts....you are gaining so much in terms of health and wellbeing, aside from the money. I read somehwere. ...im spending hardearned cash to poison myself......I kept repeating this in times of weakness! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.