Chest/rib cage discomfort

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hello all- has anyone had chest heaviness, more upon waking up, and very sore ribs especially in the back? It’s kind of achy when I try to take a deep breath...no real cough or wheezing. Nothing has helped so far, I try To stretch my back out a lot and sometimes use a heating pad...of course add that to being soooooo tired all the time and I get paranoid I have lung cancer...I am 47, in good health generally but have really been suffering from perimenopause symptoms the last year or so..blood work 2 months ago showed that everything was fine, no infection, anemia or anything weird popping up, it’s just making me crazy how I feel right now. just looking to see if anyone had this same type of chest rib cage discomfort. Have a good day all❤

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I am the same...rib cage ache and stomach discomfort with wind ect....if you check how relaxed we are ...im always worried about my health....you aint alone. ck

• Posted

I get what I call Achy Left Side from neck to hip off and on but this ache in my ribs/back is new. It's only on my left side. Thought I pulled something but don't think I did. I am SO thankful for you all - I'd be worried sick otherwise. What's the longest your rib aches last?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.