DIVI DINERS

Posted , 82 users are following.

Returning from a hospital session of Drips and Deprevation (food) I was handed a Low Residue diet to follow. Scant in products,and information what to do with said products, I searced the web for more information, 

onlt to find contradictory eat's and don't eats, so I thought that WE the 

sufferers of food deprevation should start our own Divi Diners club and see if we can throw some light on the subject.

Ilove mushrooms,but cannot find any info about them.

How do we achieve our five a day if we can't eat fruit? Is it O.K. to take the

skins off?

Can we have chips or roasties,or fish with batter on?

Spices, do any of you use spices. and what do you put on spaghetti?

Can we blitz veggies, as stews and casseroles are forbidden?

Pastry is allowed, but no mentoin of which type.

So. can we help each other ,then at least when ,or if we ,dine out, we can

order something from the menu.

I cannot eat boiled potatoes ,eggs (is it O.K to have a fried one?)

jelly and rice pudding for ever. .

So please join in and share your doe's and dont's. mushrooms eaters

would be good to hear from.

13 likes, 1185 replies

1185 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Just joined I think. Having a bad flare up.  73 years old and recovering from a stroke.  Gosh can life get any worse.   Going to go on a liquid diet for 3 days to see if this helps.  Thanx
    • Posted

hello Valerie ,,sorry to be a bit late replying ,but I am on holiday at the mo ment,,, plus the signal here is very on and off. So,.don't go total  liqacquelineuid, you do need  nourishment ,try rice pud, if you are so inclined,, make some soup with root veg, cook until they give in,, then blitz, will give you something to do ,to take your mind off the momentary probs..

We all get our share  ,,but talk , it will help 

• Posted

Valerie

We all on this Forum which was started by our Jackie have all been in the same boat suffers of the dreaded DD but I can assure you things will get better.

Read through this Forum and you will see your not alone

• Posted

Hello Valerie ,Hope you are VERY WELL ,I know it's a long time ,I can hardly believe it's been so long . It's taken me nearly as long .to get back on here , ! You should be 78 by now ,and not doing liquid diets .Won't spout anymore ,WRITE BACK

Jacqueline

• Posted

Hi ,,Divi Diners,, where ever you all are, hope you are all well. Just wanted  to wish you all a healthy happy Christmas .can't believe it's been over three years , when I was pressing the stress button. 

Fond regards to you all

Jacqueline xxx

• Posted

HI, im 27 years old and just had diver attack last wed for the first time or so i was diagnosed with ct scan....im on 6th day of antibitocs and feeling weak and loose BM.  What should i do regarding diet, rest, supplements and further treatment ? plz help 
    • Posted

Lots of help on here ,but you also have to help yourself, and not stress about it There is no specific Diet,  or treatment, you just have to grab it by the short and curlies and control it,  Don't eat foods that need a lot of digesting ,your colon needs a nice quiet holiday, until it recovers, which will take a while . 

You couldn't have found a better forum for help,   

• Posted

It's exhausting trying to find things to eat. I used to love crisps but daren't touch them now. I'm tired of soups and white bread, plus my energy is sapping. What about biscuits? Can we eat those, and what sort? I'm going to start a food diary but it's OK identifying something when you get a flare up but dread it too as it's so painful. Don't like this getting older stuff!! Isn't funny anymore! 😣

• Posted

Hi. are you reading through all the things that everyone has said on this forum?? I know there's lots of it,but read it. Crisps,   I eat,,,, biscuits,,,, I eat,chicken, fish, jacket potatoes with cheese or tuna, eggs.done every way, You have to eat protein, .Brown bread is O.K but leave the seedy stuff alone if you are a bit unsure. Make your own soup, chuck everything in ,then blend ,flavour it with herbs and spices.Eat little and often,, and CHEW for England.Don't get constipated ,and buy some probiotic capsules Now ,that should set you off,on  the road to being BOSS ,xx 

• Posted

Hahahaha!! Thanks Jacqueline. I think it's a case of building up confidence. I never was a big eater, small meals often suits me. I do tend to binge though on foods I like. Could eat 6 oranges in a row of endless crisps! I'm not the best cook either which isn't great! 😟

• Posted

SIX ORANGES !!!!!!  that is one fruit I do avoid, and it would be good if you ate ONE !!!! I do peel apples and pears and stuff with skins, just because of the pesticides that might be on them . Avocado with prawns tonight,followed by a fresh cream eclair.. . Soup is not difficult to cook, get a grip W/ann, start giving your taste

buds a treat, and be brave,,, and smiley ,and start to like yourself xxx

• Posted

Maybe a slight exaggeration, they're the little ones, more like tangerines/clementines but can easily get through a net of them! Love fruit. Now then, what about wine? That's got grapes in... must be good, hey??

• Posted

Looks as though you are on course for self destruction, and you intend to upset your colon BIG TIME ,,Good luck..
    • Posted

Not really, Jacqueline. You misunderstand me. I try very hard to look at any situation with humour (regardless of circumstances). In truth, I am really anxious to get this demon under control. I have passed out twice with the pain already. I am sorry if you feel I'm being flippant, not being flippant, just anxious.

• Posted

No .. I don't think you are being flippant, I thought your sense of humour matched mine . There wasn't anyone more stressed about this damned ,here for life  thing that we have, ,than me ,and it took me a long time to get to understand it,  You shouldn't be passing out with pain ,you should be in an ambulance .Once it gets hold of you ,

you need attention ,which with every will in the world, you cannot do this yourself.  Obviously ,my sense of humour has back fired,, as it does .

• Posted

I was in hospital, that's when it was diagnosed, on CT scan. New year's eve. I thought it was a water infection as that is what I was originally told 2 years ago. So, looking back, I have probably had it for that long at least, unaware and mis-managed. I'm awaiting a colonoscopy too. Can't wait! 😣

• Posted

I had a infected perforated abscess, the  surgeon kept checking on me to see if the infection spread, I was a whisker away from surgery and

one of those poo bags .Fortunately the infection stopped . Iv'e had 2 colonoscopy's ,With Bridget Jones knickers ,quite interesting to look up your own bumeek

• Posted

That sounds horrific! Glad you didn't need surgery. I wore BJ knickers long before DD. 😉 Will be relieved when had colonoscopy, hopefully it will show extent of damage. I've started a food diary now. 🙄

• Posted

Right !!!! is your memory soooooooooooooo bad ,that you can't remember what you ate,,!!!!! I will give you a week  max,, before you stop ,  You can watch the T.V show,and, ask questions about what you see.  Mine looked as though there was a field of mushrooms ,and the black holes ,assumed they were the pouches AKA as dustbins (by me ) J

• Posted

Hahahaha!! Course my memory is sooooooo bad! Need sat nav to get home from work! Can't wait to see it on TV, bored with Netflix now anyway! 😉😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.