What method are you cooking most of your meals?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Yesterday I went out and purchased a "Ceracraft" frying pan, which  is brilliant incidentally! It was on offer at Asda and makes terrific omelettes with just a few squirts of 1 cal oil.

I'm interested in how you guys are cooking most of your meals, with little or no oil/fat? Also what do you put in your sandwiches in place of butter/marg/mayo? Mine seem to be so flipping dry! I can cope without butter, but I'm really missing mayonnaise :-(

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

4 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I either do a pan of food or use the frying pan with fry light - my mind has globe blank with what we've had for tea recently!!!  I did a spaghetti bolognaise last week from scratch. Usually have chicken breast as meat.

i have a drizzle of salad cream or sweet chilli sauce on my sarnies and am fine with that 

• Posted

Chicken breast in spag bol?,,,thats a new one on me, guess it helps to think outside the box. I'm not such a lover of chicken breast,although I know its low in fat. I tend to use soya mince if its just for me.

I shall give the sweet chilli a try tomorrow, I love that on most things, but never thought of using it in sarnies. :-)

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Ha ha no - was meaning I use chicken breasts quite a lot - put seasoning on them and pan fry with fry light ... Put warm with salads etc 
  • Posted

Hi Daisy,

I use a cast iron frying pan with frylight to cook with. I've used the same trusted pan for over twenty years and unbelievably it still looks new.

I do have light hellmans mayonaise and use only a teaspoon with a salad. Most of my meals are virtually fatfree so I don't worry about the mayonaise. I don't want to make dieting too hard. Being hungry between meals is hard enough at the moment. 

Omelettes are great for dieting aren't they. I make veg souffle omelettes. I grate a courgette and stirfry (in frylight) with fine strips of red pepper and onion then add egg mixture ( two egg whites whisked until fluffy stirred into one egg yolk). Freshly grated black pepper and some fresh herbs and voila..num num. 

X

• Posted

Lily! Your dont look old enough to have owned a frying pan for 20 years! Whats yor secret? x x x

Yes its true, dieting is hard enough and its best not to make hard work of it, especially when you have a lot to loose!

I have many friends who only eat the white of an egg on an omelette, mind you they are stick thin! I would have to think of something useful  to do with the yolk as I hate waste of any sort.

Oh! I know!!!!idea make mayonaise!!! num num  lol cheesygrin

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi Daisy,

I don't eat Bread but if i did i would use yogurt/Quark/Cottage Cheese (Flavoured one) sweet Chilli Sauce/ etc.

Before i started these tablets i had mayo on everything- even thinking about it now i want to gag, you do get used to the yogurt it's not sour (not the one i use anyway) and i really don't miss the mayo. A i said when i first came of here you have the lightest mayo but that tastes of plastic so i wouldn't personally bother. I make my own near enough fat free (apart fom the chickpeas which are 2/3g fat per 100g) Houmous which i spread on Ryvitas or Rice Cakes so you could use it on Bread (lucky you) bread bloats me like a beach ball. Change your bread up use pittas wraps thins etc.

I only use frylight plus i just bought the garlic frylight at the weekend.

You can have near enough all sauces including ketchup/pickle etc.

Asda sell flavoured cottage cheese which is nice.

I make my own coleslaw/potato salad/bean salad aswell which you can put in a lunchbox or add to sandwiches

Britney

x

• Posted

Lovely lovely Britney :-)

I have a problem with bread too, have to eat the gluten free version, which is so expensive :-(

I think I am craving mayo because I am using it in lunches for my guests each day, thankfully they leave next week *yippy do dah!*

I remember how I used to crave cows juice when I first switched to soya, I cant stand the taste of it now, it tastes so greasy compared to soya, but golly do I miss my cheese.. love love love the cheese! cheesygrin

I have some of those extra light silly cow triangles, but they just dont hit the spot....

I think this has to become a way of life for me Britney...probably for the best anyway, we only get one body huh!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Cutting bread out is a good idea, I get bloated etc when I eat it , it's horrible sad

Daisy have you considered a bread maker? Someone gave me an old one the other day, I don't suppose I'll ever use it tho for the above Reason. But at least you'll be able to control what goes Into it.

Anyone on Facebook feel free to add me : shelagh rashid 

My profile pic is my Rottweiler poppy, be nice to ' see ' you xxx 

• Posted

I do have a breadmaker Shelagh, not used it for years, although I did buy some gluten free bread flour a few weeks ago I have yet to try having a go and making it.

I have made homemade mayo before too,loved it, but its very sinful and I need to get out of the habit, I love mayo on my chips! bugger, dont get me started, I shall be dribbling over my smart phone at work!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hello Daisy,

Yes that 'cheese' is revolting  i used to put pickle or chilli auce on it to make it palatable. Did you know in the USA they sell Philidelphia which is FAT FREE why on earth is that not here! sad then again it probably tastes like grout.

I used to drink Cravendale much nicer than the bog standard 4 pint of white stuff have you tried that it's very smooth actually quite refreshing..if you could describe milk as that?!

Leave a blob of mayo on a knife overnight in the sink next morning it will have changed to a clear gel like substance believe me puts you off for life! barf

I must keep telling myself my body is a temple lol i wish hehe

I remember buying gluten free bread years ago i think back then it was about £6 this was like 2001/2002 not sure on prices now. I steer clear of all bread it does not like me at all.

Have a good evening

Britney

X

• Posted

Fat free Philly?? Wow! I have never seen it out there, my family are American, I shall have to get them to bring a job lot back with them on their next trip to the UK!   ***Jobs a gooden!***

Britney oh lovely Britney, where would we be without you :-) you are like a virtual Angel to us in the forum, always so very helpful x x x

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Daisy chuck some this way lol.The US has way better variety for everything than us Brits - annoying!

Oh god don't im running out of polish my halo is so shiny these days!

smile x

• Posted

And I've seen loads of recipes for home made mayo .you should try, don't let the fact that a food makes you I'll stop you having it just find a healthier more suitable version smile xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.