detox at home and drinking alcohol the same day please help me

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone I am new to this website I have been drinking heavily over the last couple years someone close to me died and it totally devastated me I have not left the house much in the last couple years so I am very isolated in my home I have anxiety and a number of other mentalhealth issues which I won't go into for now I am due to have a home detox on Monday they wanted me to go into rehab but as I don't go out the house much this was not my best option as I get very anxious being around people so with a lot of preparation of my doctors and  my mental health team they agreed to detox me at home I am scared about this as I know on that day I would of drank alcohol and I am worried they will not be able to do the detox as anyone else drank alcohol the same day of their detox I would be grateful for any advice thanks

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Valafaxine is the same with Citaloprom theey both do the same job, l wish u luck l am sure u will be fine just do it one day at a time goodluck
  • Posted

Just reading some of the posts breaks my heart. I've been to a lot of the same places on different occasions. My wife, the mother of my 3 children, died in my arms from a pulmonary embolism. For three years I lived at the bottom of a bottle and became (and to some extent remain) agoraphobic. With the luck of the Irish, I found a wonderful woman, now married 10 years, and life is more or less on an even keel. Booze is no longer a problem for me because I reached the age of 76 - at least 20 yrs longer than I thought, still reasonable healthy (altho a problem with my ACL is interfering with my rowing the last day or so, same with biking). But I continue to drink about a pint a day of vodka, because I can. I'm vertical in the morning -- can't ask for much more. I would not have made it without a good woman - that's just the condition I find necessary for a good and full life.

I don't know if I have said anything relevant -except you can crawl out of the bottle and your self imprisonment, but it depends a lot on luck and circumstances.

• Posted

Thank you Robert for your kind words I will keep on trying that's all I can do its hard but I am going ahead with the detox on Monday thankyou everyone for your kind responses I will keep you posted on how I get on wish me luck for Monday 
  • Posted

Hi you have 2 days to go are you trying to cut down on your alcohol intake, wish u luck tell us how it goes on Monday remember the advise from PaulTurner1964 that try to sleep at 12pm on Sunday and drink as much so you do not have to drink in the morning before your Supporters come.
    • Posted

Hi Richard t   i have listened to Paul Turner 1964 advice and have been in touch with detox team they are arriving at 9.30 Monday morning so as Paul Turner 1964 advised will not drink any alchol after midnight Sunday thank you for your response 
    • Posted

God news to hear.  that's the first step and is the only step,for you and UR family. UR on UR way to sobriety and freedom to live UR own life without the fears that alcohol,brings. Now UR on UR way no mare days or years will be lost.....

Good Luck..Paul will help u and give u all the tools u need. He has helped many! 

• Posted

Thank you hop4cure well I am writing this now at 4 in the morning woke up at 3 started drinking thought well I am going to be stopping drinking tom so make the most of today but will be stopping around midnight as Paul advised will post again and keep you informed how I get on thanks for all of your response and advice
    • Posted

Hi Tomorrow is the big day wish you luck, so u wake to drink alcohol, how do you afford the alcohol it must be expensive to afford your habit, l hope everything works well tomorrow, please tell honest ansswers so u get the right help.
    • Posted

Hi Richard t i have had a rough couple years but if you want me to be honest I will my dad died a couple of years ago hence why I an messed up I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder plus I have scisorphrena  I am on a quite of medication which I have not been taking due to alchol so you can imagine how this as affected me   not taking my meds so I need to do this to get my life bk on track as how can afford it yet again I will be honest my dad left me some money and I feel really guilty spending it on alchol he would be x ashamed of me but I will always have to live with that 
    • Posted

Hi  Paul I have been drinking since 12 today not drank much I have took it steady only drank  6 bottles of burmers cider and a bottle of lambrna my supporters are arriving at 9 30 tom morning will I pass the breatherliser 
    • Posted

You don't have to pass it jsvkie. If your alcohol level was too high, they may delay starting the medication, but you don't need your alcohol level to be zero and they are unlikely to want it to be. I'm sure that, with what you have drunk today, you will be fine if you have stopped drinking now.

Good luck with it all smile

• Posted

Hi Paul thankyou for your response I feel really  positive about today will keep you informed about my progress 
    • Posted

Its ok but try to get back on your medication, then u will be fine, goodluck
    • Posted

Hi Paul my detox supporters have been I had a breatherliser test it was 5.4 she said don't worry about it  started meds but I feel sick is this normal
    • Posted

Hi l am happy for you all medication has side effects read the leaflet that came with the medication, or search for sideeffects online, what tablets are you taking , what time did u have your last drink, cheers

• Posted

Good luck 😊 I am thinking of you and your

Detox. We are all with you x

• Posted

Sorry, I have been out all day, doing a detox with someone smile Your nausea may have subsided by now, but if it hasn't by tomorrow, ask for something for that. I often have it available to give, if required.
    • Posted

Hi Paul thanks for responded bk to me I feel really rough today been up most of the nyt am trembling really bad I still feel sick a have a awful headache which as not gone since yesterday  i feel sensitive to light my paulse as been racing it was 128 at last reading how long will this go on I feel very anxious I just want to have a drink to make all this stop I am on  librium the dose fore today is 15 mg 4 times a day with prm if needed of 20 mg please help me Paul  I feel desperate thankyou
    • Posted

You are not on enough Librium if you are felling those symptoms. Who is supporting this detox? Are they calling in to see you daily? How much Librium were you on yesterday? It should not be reduced while you are still feeling withdrawal symptoms, it should be INCREASED.
    • Posted

Hi Paul I was on 20 mg now on 15 mg and yes they come daily I have prm librium if I need it so I have been taking that I have slept all morning so things seem a bit better now 
    • Posted

Hi Paul I was on 20 mg now on 15 mg and yes they come daily I have prm librium if I need it so I have been taking that I have slept all morning so things seem a bit better now 
    • Posted

How are u jsvkie32726 how are you feeling, u just have to be brave , We all wish you make it.
    • Posted

Hi Richardt thanks for all your responses to my posts and kind words I feel a lot better this evening I have slept most of the day I felt awful this morning so I have been taking a couple of extra librium which has helped and now I feel quite relaxed I have been craving alchol  but my supporters are going to get me a prescription of the doctor tomorrow to help with the cravings so yes feeling hopeful just got to take one day at a time I am under no illustration that the journey I have is not go to be a easy one but I have a alchol councillor that will be there for me after I have finished my detox so feeling positive that I can do this and beat this adiction I have had for many years fingers crossed x
    • Posted

I am a little surprised that your Librium was reduced while you were having withdrawal symptoms. In my view, nobody should feel ANY withdrawal symptoms at all during alcohol detox. Glad you are feeling a bit better now. Tomorrow is probably the last day of withdrawal and, after that, it is just a case of coming off the Librium.
    • Posted

Thanks Paul for your response I am only on 10 mg today 4 times a day so I suppose I will be of bit by Tom the way it's gone down by 5 mg ;a day don't know though  I am no detox expert I feel a bit rough again today did not sleep well  shakes are not to bad but i can't get rid of this headache and light sensitivity I have had all the way through my detox is this normal Paul plus still feel nauseous and my anxiety is very bad to was getting awful nightmares that woke me at 3 this morning to
    • Posted

I'll be honest with you jsvkie. You have done amazingly well in sticking with it. You are over the worst now and you should notice a lot fewer symptoms over the next few hours. You should have had NO withdrawal symptoms. I'm really unimpresssed by what you have been offered by those people but very impressed that you have seen it through this far. You are almost there now smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.