Started Orlistat today and confused

Posted , 113 users are following.

Hi! I have just started Orlistat today and have been trying to find a sample plan or menu for the last couple of weeks without success. I know that I shouldn't have anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g however when it comes to exactly what to eat I don't have a clue, I normally eat Quorn, Turkey, Chicken, and fish and eat potatoes, rice, pasta and quinoa. Do I eat like normal but watching my portion size.

I am a huge crisp, chocolate, and biscuit person so would also appreciate help on healthier snacks. I had my first gym session this morning first of many, need to lose 5 stone 11lbs to be my goal weight of 10stone 10lbs. I would like to be half way there on actually there in 6 months would love if it was faster but don't want to put pressure on myself.

3 likes, 199 replies

199 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey everyone

It's so awesome to hear how well everyone has done on Orlistat/Xenical. I was prescibed these tablets by my doctor and I started taking them yesterday (9/10/14) I sneakily weighed myself today and have lost 1.5 pounds already, yay! But I have absolutely NO willpower! I have already caved and had a bag of Quavers, although I did check and they're not too bad, I just fear that I won't be able to stick this out. I currently weigh 19. 9 and I need to lose about 7/8 stone, which is a lot sad 

I can't cook, I'm so used to living on packet noodles and Mc Donalds, which I know is off the table now. However my biggest downfall is fizzy drinks. I could eat nothing but be quite happy living off Pepsi. Can I still drink fizzy drinks on Orlistat? I've been drinking nothing but water the last few days, but seriously having withdrawals from the pop... 

• Posted

Hey everyone

It's so awesome to hear how well everyone has done on Orlistat/Xenical. I was prescibed these tablets by my doctor and I started taking them yesterday (9/10/14) I sneakily weighed myself today and have lost 1.5 pounds already, yay! But I have absolutely NO willpower! I have already caved and had a bag of Quavers, although I did check and they're not too bad, I just fear that I won't be able to stick this out. I currently weigh 19. 9 and I need to lose about 7/8 stone, which is a lot sad 

I can't cook, I'm so used to living on packet noodles and Mc Donalds, which I know is off the table now. However my biggest downfall is fizzy drinks. I could eat nothing but be quite happy living off Pepsi. Can I still drink fizzy drinks on Orlistat? I've been drinking nothing but water the last few days, but seriously having withdrawals from the pop... 

• Posted

Hi all I started oralist at today how did you get on everyone as I see these posts were last year please any help advice meal plans 
  • Posted

Hi Dee

I had the same problem. I was absolutey useless at working out what 5g was in stead though. I dnt some research and found this leaflet online about what foods are suitable and that 

http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk/docs%5Cleaflets%5C208.pdf

I recently done a 1300cal meal before i started orlistat now Im doing slimming world (because I like flavour in food haha) but have cut out chocolate and crisps etc. Because I know aswell that if i dont have any rules i would fail I made my own meal plan, that i can stick to on a weekly basis, but also that my family can eat.  I weighed in at 15stone, Ive been on Orlistat for 8 days now and have already lost 8.8lbs (well 6lbs because i lost 2lbs before i started). My goal is to get to 11 and a half stone max, ideal weight is 10 and half. 

• Posted

Hi

Please can you send me your diet plan as I'm new to orlistat...

Thanks smile

• Posted

Dee like yourself i am finding it difficult to know what to eat but i have the added problem of i dont eat meat or fish. I have 5 stone to loose and i have been taking orlistat for 4 weeks and only lost 4lb. Can anyone help please please!
  • Posted

Hi Dee i know this post is over a year old just wondering how youve got on? I started with xenical yesterday. I have put on so much weight on after suffering 3 fracture vertabres in my lower back, and then more health issues. Ive already lost 4 stone on my own but need to lose at least 10 stone ! I do not eat fried food, cakes, but I do love crisps and my wine ! but the ammount I do eat is not a lot, but not able to excercise is my problem, any advice would be great. x
  • Posted

I have started orlistat today and have been swimming but I'm a little unsure about the foods you are and aren't allowed any help would be great

• Posted

I have just found this group I have started on Orlistat as I need to lose about 7 stone

my bing in my 60's and retired so any help would be good I did try weight watcher but was put off by the lady tell me I should me 7 stone told he her the last time I was 7 stone I was about 12 and most of my adult life I have been about 9st she told me I had a negative attitude I told her I was a realist and never went back so if any ladys have any good   recipes would love to have them

• Posted

Hi Dee,

I'm new to this Orlistat I have only been taking it for about 7 days but have been getting dreadful stomach cramps before going to the loo ( sometimes very quickly! ). Do you have any tips?  How much are you supposed to lose a month?

• Posted

hi

i have just started with orilistat , going ok so far, with no side effects smile

i have about five stone i would like to lose, 

• Posted

Hey All!

Just started orlistat this week. I've been on SlimmingWorld, Weight Watchers and others ...none worked! Researching it looks like following the Slimming world plan may work as it is low fat? I haven't had side effects yet but I am bound to slip up, but now there are instant consequences not just putting on weight! Not looking forward to if it happens, but I know I won't eat nothing bad!

Looking forward to chatting to everyone

M x

• Posted

Hi I've been on orilsat for 5 weeks and I went from being 15.05 to currently weighing in at 13.12 so I've lost 16kg nearly 2 stone I am finding meals really hard if anyone has any ideas of what to have let me know as im not eating bread pasta rice potato's

I m just eating meat fish veg fruit youghurt flavored water x

• Posted

Hi Emma, Im using a calorie recording app too. Like you I try to eat very healthy. I have lost 1.5 st in 7 weeks. That includes exercise and treats like going for a Chinese buffet. As I always liked icecream - they worse thing ever lol - I now buy frozen fruit and mince it down to a sorbet. This gives me something really delicious sorbet with natural sugar only and it's lush. Have you tried marinating your fish. I like lemon juice and sweet chilly sauce. Overnight and then baked in the oven. It's lush. I do stir fries with 1/2 top oil loads of veggies and for another taste rice noodles. They ain't too bad and make a nice change. As a treat I toast 1/2 of a garlic naan bread. We need to allow ourselves some treats otherwise we're likely to slip. Hope it helps. And good luck to us all. Claudia

• Posted

Sorry forgot, the app provides me with what the foods consist off which I find most valuable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.