Xx

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anybody know if the Samaritans have a free phone number ? X

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I read your threads and feel compelled to leave a few words. I have been struggling with losses myself for the past year. Ive been diagnosed with PTSD, depression, anxiety and it has been a constant battle. But I can say that the one thing that has been consistent in my healing is the grace of God. Why should I be robbed of life if my creator, our creator has given me life above all else. Why should I be robbed of joy if it was also given to me freely as well as peace. We have the authority and the right to demand the things that belonged to us to enjoy of it fully. In my pain i read Jeremiah 29v11 and Isaiah 40v28 as this helps me to deal. I hope and pray for the best for all of us and encourage all to not give up.

• Posted

Look, I believe In god, I’m a catholic. My younger days I believed more but maybe that was down to my catholic schooling? 

I believe in something! I mean i don’t believe we came from bad monkeys! But seriously? God has a chosen path for Each and every one of us? And whatever that path is we should just obey, agree, go along with? I was never a huge church goer, I mean I prayed, I did my holy communion, I had some kinda belief but now? Now I don’t know what to believe, I certainly don’t believe god loves all his children?  Well If that’s true then maybe god has his favourites ? Good or bad? This would be a start of explaining life! Wouldn’t you agree ? Xx

• Posted

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and for replying 😃. Right, I understand your confusion and have also felt this way in the past. I can tell you that our negative feelings, depression, anxiety etc feeds off of our confusion in the knowledge of our existence and acts as a platform for other things. The Creator is not a path therefore our lives should not be reduced to just a path. We were divinely created in excellence with purpose. Once we can appreciate the value of our creation then we can appreciate the value of our lives. one of the things I believe is that we are unique and exceptional beings and are driven by different desires and some of these desires are unfortunately at the expense of others. The Almighty would only have the power we allow him to have in our lives because of his love for us. He is not an intruder. Let's say you had two children, and they were both distinctively opposites in attitudes, behaviours and desires. You would love them both, right? But let's go on to say that one was obedient to you, helpful, kind, spent time with you, shared interests and appreciated you as a parent and then the other was selfish, whiny, unappreciative, rejected you, ignored you and distanced himself from you, wouldn't it be natural for you to be more involved with the one who appreciated you? This is how I interpret God's relationship with us. Now taking it a step further, if the ungrateful child was acting out towards the kind child, hurting him in the process, won't you want to intervene? And if yes, would you call your intervention controlling or strong-arming? Would the kind child and the ungrateful child want you to intervene? How would you deal with and be able to satisfy everyone in the process? there's so much more to explore in God's relationship with us however this is just the starting point. How does this help you with your struggles? Not sure yet. But we can agree that life is a battle and a tough one at that. I believe if we have a strong platform to stand on, a good foundation, preferably in Christ, then it would be a lot more bearable.

• Posted

Hi Dondons

Just another idea, depending where you live is there a Samaritans office that you could go and visit and speak to someone face to face, that has been suggested to me before but I am no where near an office where I live. 

hope you are feeling a bit better, please look after yourself.

Night Tina x

• Posted

I’m going to sound stupid but sometimes I can’t read and/or understand things no matter how many times I try to read them 
    • Posted

No you don't. Depression is very hard on the body. Right now my head hurts alot and i have trouble remembering simple things. I also have difficulty concentrating or feel confused at times but i try dealing with it the best way I can. Hope you get through with the Samaritans. Hang in there, you'll be fine. You have some nice friends on this chat who truly cares about you.

• Posted

I remember I want to die ! That’s what I always remember 
  • Posted

Sending hugs and kisses dondons....I’m crap at advice but good at sending love and positive thoughts xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.