constant chest/breast discomfort/pain!

Posted , 77 users are following.

Im wondering if anyone can help reassure me or give me some advice I have constant chest pain/discomfort/heavy pressure feeling in my chest and also in my left breast area it scares the hell out of me and then I get really bad pain between my shoulder blades! I know its not anxiety or panic attacks because I do suffer with them so I know what to expect but this is just a constant ache I have I just can't describe it, ache/pain/discomfort/pressure feeling, I had ecgs and blood tests a month ago when this all started and they was fine I had a chest x ray that was also fine, it's really concerning me as to the fact its still there after numerous medications e.g seriods, antibiotocs and painkillers (ibuprofen and co codamol) doctor assumed I had pleurisy or something called costochondritis - this hasn't been confirmed he just said that's what it could be! Im currently taking propanolol 10mg twice daily to calm my anxiety because doctors also believe I have that too im convinced its my heart the propanolol has calmed my heart rate (it was constantly pounding) im just so confused as to why I have this constant chest discomfort making me feel like something bad is constantly going to happen! Im sick of going to my gp for him to say its anxiety I know for a fact it isn't anxiety because this is constant and it's the only symptom I have got whereas when I do have a panic/anxiety attack I get every symptom under the sun! Im going to ask my doctor to refer me to a cardiologist as I really do think it's my heart its constantly on my left side and also centre of my chest I know its not pleurisy or costochondritis as my doctor says because my chest x ray was clear!! Can someone please tell me if they have had this before, how they got rid of it or what it is please im going out of my mind! I feel like im not breathing all the time obviously I am but that's how I feel my chest just feels shallow and someone sat on it constantly sad im 22 female and petrified it's my heart or im going to have a heart attack or something

7 likes, 108 replies

108 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi just wondering if have found out what was going on..im a mother of 5 and have been going threw alot of ups n downs with my health iv had the ekgs and blood test all normal they said it was anxiety and a pulled muscle but thats not reassuring iv also been burping alot to so im not sure please let me know of you have found out anything
  • Posted

Hi Laura..I am going through the same thing right now...I suffer from very bad health anxiety and for the past couple days have had left sided chest and back pain...was in emerg twice in the past month...they said it was costochondritis. ..this is ruining my life.....
    • Posted

Hi Leigh had the same problem with being told it was probably costochronditis. Was told that after an overnight stay in hospital. I left after my blood tests were in error. Have still had the same issue without any help.
  • Posted

I don't like that feeling of SOB and chest pains, it IS VERY scary!

I've gone to the dr and they've done X-ray and ekg all normal so heart issues have been ruled out. It all points to anxiety.

I just started Paxil yesterday and I had 2 episodes yesterday, one being this morning a real bad one I called 911 again.

Embarrassing but the lady ems admitted she has anxiety too.

She said that it's so common nowadays due to this world we live in...always on the go not time for rest.

I hope someday we can all me able to get past this and manage stress better.

My hubby told me we are our own worst enemy!

So we just have to talk to ourselves and be positive.

It's easier said than done, but I think if you have enough support, you'll be ok.

• Posted

I've had the same pain, started in my left armpit when it first happened then more in my breast then again just under my collar bone then AGAIN but it was my armpit and breast. It's a very uncomfortable shallow pain but when it happens I just want to massage it out and make it stop, I've just recently been to the clinic for breathing problems and they told me I might have asthma so they game me an albuterol inhaler which is a steroid bronchodilator, I'm not sure if this problem could be from the steroid in the inhaler  but its making me very worried and just googling it doesn't help me at all it just makes me worry even more so I would love love love it if someone replied! Much love May<3

• Posted

Gave* me not Game me LOL oops
  • Posted

Hi! Just wondering if this is still happening or what you did if it's gone?

• Posted

I've had the same symptoms on and off for the last month or so

Chest pain on the right (either in breast or near my collar bone) and recently I've had bad aches next to my right shoulder blade and sometimes shortness of breathe and an occasional cough from whatever is going on in my chest/lungs

My doctor also guessed pleurisy but that was a month ago and the symptoms came back plus my shoulder blade aches..

I've considered acid reflux but I don't have the symptoms after I eat only at random periods sometimes physical activity causes them but idk

• Posted

I had the samething too,sometimes I feel like I have a heart attack.I stop taking flouxetine 10mg a day,its been a month now I did not taking it.but Im still not 100 percent good,I feel mild anxious most of the day.and also untill right now im sufferring of pain in my leftside of my breast through my back.also I have a neck pain,muscle pain,lightheadedness,nausea,drowsiness,runny nose,headache.all of this make me sick.I was wondering if all of this are came from stoping taking my flouxetine.I want to out of this medication it make me sick.

• Posted

And also last year I have my ekg test,bloodtest,chest x-ray test.and its all normal.the only problem they seen to my blood is,I am lower of potassium.thats why I have a panick attack and hyperventillation.

• Posted

Hi Laura i feel really bad to hear all that your going though. I just found this blog.. because im have the same symptoms your having two days ago and its been driving me crazy even with a bad mood. I dont have anxiety. For sure i know that. But im going to make a dr appointment to see when get in? I hope you find out what it is . We're all in the same boat together. God bless all of us . If any one finds out what is it please don't forget about us . Come back and post . Take care

• Posted

Sorry to hear about ur symptoms i have also chest heaviness in left chest...i have done 16 ecgs and one show heart pause cardiologist monitor my heart for 24 hours and he tood me after this test he decide what more tests i will do further.....after the result of 24 hours my cardilogist talk to me in detail that my result is 98.75% almost 99% which he thinks its a good result and i didnot need further test but he say me my hear beat become slow some times whch he thinks that is not a problem and i am not alone to have that mostly people have fast or slow beats occasionally but i request for echo which is also clear. Have burping problem and also have lot of gas 24 hours a day...dont know the reason of gas have done endoscopy colonscopy that is also clear still disnot get the answer yesterday night. Feel my heart is beating abnormally but i disnot become panic bcoz i have gas and i am taking lexapro10 mg once at night every day which help to keep my mind cool but left side chest is some thing we have more concern bcoz of heart yesterday night when i m faving prblem of heart beat i think may b thats it i will die but didnit become panic thinkinf with cool mind and in my mind i am ready for heart attack and sleep awake in morning time have gas do holiday from work sad for no reason have gurgling stomach just try to monitor ur heart for 24 hours which will clarify every thing i m thinking that i will go for angiogram.......let see if my cardiologust thinks but in few months wanna go for it i am 31 year old male
  • Posted

Hi i didnt know if anyone would reply but i thought i would message. I was diagnosed with Costochondritis about 3 weeks ago and got told that it explains my stabbing pains. I also get pinhing pain across breasts and a deep preasure pain whih i have right now in my right breast. It also sets of my Fibromyalgia in my back so constantly feel like a knife in my back but i find all pain is worse after a panic attack which i get daily. Im 23 years old and panic over the smallest things. I have been to A&E few times and doctors loads due to it hurting so much im afraid its a heart problem but a couple of weeks ago my ECG and bloods came back fine. I know how you guys feel and i hate it

i hope its all sorted for you now though xx

• Posted

Hi Katee,you are my Grandaughters age she also has these same crazy ailments i am so sorry for you. Panic attacks are frightening hopefully you are surrounded by those who love and understand..

Thanks for sharing.Lynn

ps i never figure out what mine was about..

• Posted

My boyfriend is only one that helps. Family just tell me to get through it. Chest hurts so much today that trouble moving sad. How does your granddaughter get through it all if you dont mjnd me asking x
    • Posted

Its hard and you get fo tired of whining.. I hope you get some answers at one time they thought it was shingles..things got better for her after taking antibiotics and acylovir

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.