Constant feeling in head of penis to urinate

Posted , 136 users are following.

45 male. 3 weeks of constant feeling of urine in head of penis - pressure. Urinating is a weak stream but get brief relief. Some hesitancy. No burn when urinating or pain anywhere else. No feeling in bladder just in the head of the penis. Going to the toilet a lot. Started after masturbating. All UTI, STI test negative. Painkiller and anti-inflammation pills don't work. Going crazy with the feeling. No previous penis trauma or surgeries. Had no meds. Dr won't give antibiotics as now infection noted. 

0 likes, 393 replies

393 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

My issue began after masturbation. I was going through a brief period of excessive masturbation. Im going to say everyday for 6-7 days straight. I was probably to forceful. Would get close to climax, hold off etc. The end result because all tests were negative, was inflamation, irratation of the urethra. It take a long time to heal bevause we urinate often, and different things we eat, drink effect the ph of the urine. This for me created all the symptoms we talk about on here. Initially i thought it was a bladder infection, the symptoms arr that specific. I up'd my water intake to keep flushing , keep that ph neutral as possible. Stopped all bladder irratants, tone way down masturbation, and when i did, it was gentle. Half a year later.... normal

• Posted

drink less water? sorry English is not my first language.

• Posted

when i think about it, i did masturbate daily that time it started, so maybe same cause as yours, or maybe a few things clicking together and there you go.

• Edited

My symptoms also started after edging during both masturbation and sex (holding ejeculation). My symptoms gradually got worse over time, finally I went to the doctor as I getting pain in penis, testicals and around that general area, it almost felt like a muscle strain.

A UTI was not found however as I had a UTI the past the doctor prescribed doxycycline. This did not really help my symptoms, however I did notice I was getting much more frequent erections whilst on this medication. I am not sure if there is a correlation or this is simply a placebo effect.

My current situation/ symptoms... (roughly 7 months after first symptoms occurred)

• Still have feeling to urine moving up penis shaft, urine never drips out of penis, seems to be a sensation only.
      • I seem to urinate more... however I have upped my water intake.
      • Reduced sex drive, low libido.
      • Less frequent erections, no more morning erection.
      • Semen seems watery.
      • After I ejeculate it feels like not all of it has come out (muscles that push it out feel weak)
      • Ejectulating in general feels really strange now.. its not really pleasurable like it was before all this started.
      • Penis always has a full feeling.
      • Penis feels a lot less sensitive.
      • Constant sensation on underside of penis tip... this sensation is hard to describe, it almost feels like a scratch inside my penis.
      • When I do get an errection it only really stays hard if I masturbate, it doesnt really get hard or stay hard without being touched.

Overall all symptoms brought on by holding my ejeculation and frequent masurbation. Think I have did damage to muscles or nerves.. can this also cause infection? At the time it made sex and masturbating a lot more pleasurable... If i knew it would lead to this is would have never done it!

Also I though laying off masurbation would increase my sex drive... but it just seemed to lower my sex drive further..

Hopefully someone has a positive recovery story and can share their tips to help this problem.

• Posted

did you ever get cured. ive had the same uncormfortable problem of feeling pee in the base of penis head after edging too aggresively.

• Edited

yes could be. i guess end of day, i had exhausted all tests with negative results on everything my urologist explained once the urethra is inflammed it takes a long time. symptoms may vary, but what i was going through he said could all be a direct result of the inflamation. asked me to trust him, although it was depressing me, making me feel hopeless, he reassured me that all tests are negative, and it will get better. just time. and the previous mentions stuff.

yes i drank more water, i found if i didn't drink enough my urine was concentrated. hurt. i shot for 4l a day to keep it as diluted as possible, and no coffee which sucked. prescription anti inflamatory and gentle rreduced masturbation. 5/6 montjs later healed. now im afraid to masturbate to much or too hard. got a good girl, and i tell ya no need for much masturbation anymore lol

hang in there if tests are all negative it will get better.

• Posted

thank you for answering... I'll try to drink more water and not masterbait thank you I have hope that I'll get better I'm about 90% better but not 100% sometime when I think about it it get worse.

• Posted

Chris, thank you so much for coming back and sharing your success story. What you went through sounds exactly like what i've been dealing with for the last 4 1/2 months. I realized pretty early on that urinating seemed to make my symptoms worse. Therefore, i've really tried to limit how much i drink. My urologist is treating me with myrbetriq for overactive bladder which he theorizes is from a mild case of prostatitis. Anyway, i have really not wanted to drink more than the minimum needed and only urinate 5-6x per day. When you were drinking that much did you not feel worse for a while? Also, I've recently had a few days where the wet feeling in the tip has gone away, but still felt the strong urge to urinate. Can you remember anything like that toward the end? Thanks again for taking the time to post this. Can't thank you enough! As you know going through this can be very depressing especially on really bad days.

• Posted

chris, by any chance that you remember what anti inflamatory prescription drug you used.

thanks

• Posted

This sounds exactly like me. I masturbated a lot, had quite dry sex and since then have this near enough constant urge to pee in the penis head, but...also my bladder does feel like its full sometimes, though i am drinking a lot more. im going to see a urologist to rule anything more serious out but maybe it just needs time. Did you ever have the sensation the your penis was wet?

• Posted

i have same problem ....indide 1 cm from penis head its irritating and urge to urinate

what to do ,stop masturbation or ?

• Posted

did you ever find a cure. mines been going on for a year its making me crazy

• Edited

No problem. I remember searching around trying to find anyone i could relate too. I wish i had your diagnosis of prostatitis. Than it would have been something at least. But no i drank a ton of water. I wanted my urine as diluted as possible. I found with my urethra issues, that it hurt more the more concentrated it was. Still had the urgency issues, and everything else that may as well have been prostatitis. But for me i drank a lot anyway. And really just trusted the urologist that it may take half a year when dealing with urethra inflammation but it will heal. and it did take 8 months. But it did heal.

• Posted

Hi Chris "that it hurt more the more concentrated it was" what do you mean? like when you thinking about it? i notice when i thinking about it it get little worser can you explain it please and thanks a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.