Convinced I'm dying of cancer. I just don't feel right.

Posted , 106 users are following.

So it all started just over 3 weeks ago I had a shooting pain in my head followed by my whole body going weak and numb-like, I panicked!!! After that I haven't been right. I've had shooting pains all over my body, tingles mainly in the left hand, dizziness, smoky vision, flutters under the skin, scared that my limbs were ganna stop working so iv constantly been checking them, I now have pain on both sides of my abdomen under my ribs and I constantly and I mean constantly feel soooo sick! I've been to 4 diffo docs all of which say it's my anxiety! They've only checked my blood pressure and pulse felt my tummy etc how can they be so sure? 

Pic honestly feel sooo I'll im not getting out of bed I can't eat ... I think I'm on the verge of having a breakdown! Everyone around me has had enough but they don't understand how sick I feel! sad 

anyone ever very honestly felt like they were physically ill all day everyday from anxiety? Someone please reply !!! 

7 likes, 137 replies

137 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yeh a do every day heart starts to race get sore head a constant think am going g to die all the time to
  • Edited

Hi rhianna I understand totally what your going through because I'm going through the same. Currently I feel so ill I imagine the worst and this has been going on for 13 months now that I've felt ill daily. At the moment I'm suffering with dizziness, feeling very lightheaded( I get convinced I'm about to collapse but never do), nausea and feeling spaced out and my head and body just doesn't feel right, I feel detached from my body its a horrible feeling because I don't feel real. I'm also getting a lot of palpitations at the moment. I've had those checks like yourself and my gp said all is fine but still there's no explanation for why I feel so terrible. Sorry I don't have any advice but I know just knowing someone else is going through the same symptoms can make you think maybe it really is just anxiety. x
    • Edited

do you honestly feel like so sick your actually nearly about to but never do?! I feel like I can't take this anymore, I'm physically and mentally tired I feel like I'm going to have a breakdown. All I want to do is lay in my bed and not come away from it. It's ruining relationships too sad xxx
    • Edited

Yes that's how I feel at the moment I feel like I vomit but I never do and its worse when I'm standing up and walking around especially like today I feel really dizzy so started taking serc today hopefully it will settle it. I've just been to the supermarket and felt terrible I seriously felt so dizzy I thought I could pass out or be sick. I feel the same as you I wish I could lay in bed all day but having a child forces me out of bed daily but I feel like I'm struggling to get through the days, this is not living at the moment just existing. I hate this so much. How old are you? Do you take any meds?x
    • Edited

Hello Moo88

So glad I found you all. Everything everyone has mentioned here I've experience. The constant ringing in the ear, the dizziness, lightheadedness, omg I have cancer I'm gonna die, heart palpitations, feeling like every night I go to sleep will be my last day. Feeling like I'm seeing life through someone else's eyes. Everyday is a challenge. Thankfully I am now able to block the panic attacks before they get out of hand. I KEEP TELLING MYSELF IT'S NOT REAL, IT'S NOT REAL AND IT EVENTUALLY GOES AWAY LOKE MAGIC. MY ADVISE TO YOU IS FORCE YOURSELF TO GET OUT TO TAKE LONG WALKS. WALK AS FAST AS YOU CAN. IT REALLU WORKS. THE MORE YOU STAY IN DOORS THE WORST IT WILL GET. There was time I couldn't even be around a group of people or take the subway because I'd feel like I'll get a heart attack and the train will get stuck in the middle of nowhere and I'll die on the train. Going to the pharmacy or supermarket was hell. I'd feel like everything g is spinning around and I'm gonna fall but never do. THE FACT THAT START BELIEVING THAT NONE OF THIS WAS REAL HELPED A GREAT DEAL. I KEEP TELLING MYSELF..WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IT'S NOT REAL, DON'T LET RUIN YOUR LIFE. THAT HELP AGAINST THE SCARY MOMMENTS.

• Posted

I'm the same way! My anxiety has taken over my life.. I used to have mild anxiety & i started having digestive problems & they seem to b getting worse & I keep thinking I have colon cancer.. Was suppose to get a colonoscopy & didn't & now I don't have insurance.. But I honestly think it's stress and anxiety ., I get floaters in my eyes.. Tingling in my whole body .. Pain under my ribs & all over & I also got diagnosed with pleurisy.. I mean I always think bad & start to google.. I feel like everyone thinks I'm a hypochondriac but I'm not.. It's my anxiety & stress level,. But I can tell you this.. With anxiety your mind can play a lot of tricks.. I was having sharp pains in my head so they sent me to get a ct scan & after they told me it was normal the pains went away.. It was crazy but it's not like the pains weren't really there.. I'm currently looking for health insurance to see a dr but I also bought oils (lavender for depression/anxiety) & peppermint for my IBS.. Hoping it works but it's something you should try .. You can either digest with water or run over area of skin.. Hope u feel better but this website has really helped me to understand more about symptoms you can get from all this..
    • Posted

im just soo scared sad I feel like I'm not here like something doesn't feel right. I'm just convinced every day is my last day and I'm getting so fed up of it im starting to not even care anymore! This is the scariest most awful feeling in the world! Every single sensation that happens in your body you feel, everything feels abnormal and foreign! Are oils meant to help then?! Xxx
    • Posted

I also get ringing in my ears & it's annoying.. But I'm not sure yet.. I heard oils do work so I bought some.. I bought lavender (for my anxiety & depression) & peppermint (for my IBS) I just got it today along with a diffuser.. I'm going to try it & I will let yall know.. You should get lavender & try it.. Along with excercise.. I mean even just walking.. I know it's hard I hardly wanna do anything cause I have no energy but I have to make myself because I have my kids.. I'm 33 & the past 2 years has been horrible because of my anxiety.. I don't wanna turn to the meds because the meds will never cure me they just help cover it up along with side effects.. So I'm going to try at home excercising videos & going outside to walk along with the oils,. I hope it helps me
  • Posted

I am soooo glad I found this site. I can now openly share my experiences and learn from others without ppl looking at me like a psycho.

RHIANNA45855

I'VE BEEN HAVING THE SAME FEELINGS. I FEEL LIKE I AM DYING OF CANCER EVER SINCE I FOUND OUT MY COUSIN WHO PASSED AWAY 4 MONTHS AGO DIED OF LUNG CANCER. I KEEP HAVING PAIN IN MY ARMS AND BELIVE I'M GONNA GET A HEART ATTACK. I GET DIZZY AND FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA DROP DEAD AND START TO EXPERIENCE PANIC ATTACKS. WHEN I EAT I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA CHOKE AND DIE. I FEEL LIKE I'M LIVING SOMEONE ELSE LIFE JUST THROUGH THE PERSON'S EYES. MY ADVISE TO YOU...KEEP CONVINCING YOURSELF THAT EVERYTHING YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ISNOT REAL. IT WORKS WONDERS. IT WAS HARD AT FIRST BUT I MANAGED TO BLOCK THE PANIC ATTACKS BEFORE THEY GET WORST.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE MY DEAR. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTION ANYTIME AS WE'RE HERE TO BE EACH OTHER'S SUPPORT SYSTEM.

MUCH LOVE..xoxo

• Posted

yeah i get this awful feeling of room where I feel like I KNOW this is it and I'm about to die!!! I always think to myself... If you really were dying would you even have the time to worry anout dying? I'm sure the pain etc would take over the scary thoughts! Can you private message on here? Cxx
    • Posted

Hi Rihanna45855

Click on the message icon can you can send private messages.

Much love xoxo

• Posted

Thanks for sharing dear....I have same problem from 4 years...whenever I have pain in left arm I think I have heart attack and minor symptom I think I have cancer and I am also afraid to go to doctor...I don't know what to do and my life is going worse by these thoughts......

• Posted

Hi tima69 how are u its been a long time since u wrote here as i read the years below.. Im am totally scared about how i feel everday i dont want to talk about it to anyone and thinking of bullying me that im out of my mind, i hope i can hear from you, anxiety attacks kills me everyday im afraid of everthing even small pain on my back i feel im gonna die and its bone cancer, i feel always dizzy even im not, i feel having heart attack even im not coz i went to doctor several times but the findings is normal huhuhhhh..
  • Posted

if shooting pains and tingling sensation , you may need MRI of neck to check cervical spines

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.