Crutches

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning everyone and Merry Christmas to you all...:-)

Those of you on crutches, how are you coping?  My writs are becoming increasingly painful, especially my left wrist, I worry that my wrist will give way and I will come crashing down to the ground.  

It doesn't help that I have a right shoulder impingement and a left him laberal tear.  

Feeling drained, and it will only be 3 weeks on Saturday and I believe I have weeks of this to go

0 likes, 104 replies

104 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Denise 

wow I know what you mean when your taking about your wrist's been sore I've been on crutches since June of this year and at least now I'm only on 1 which is just as bad cause then it's only one arm and wrist that's really sore the biggest problem is that you can't do much about everything hurting in less you change over to a wheelchair which I'm way to stubben to do because then your very limited on what you can so trust me I know what your saying 

• Posted

We're going away for the weekend in a couple of weeks and wondering if I might need a wheelchair in order to get around places, I was feeling really rather sick and dizzy walking around the shop on crutches last week, had to come home.  No idea how to get my hands on a wheelchair though.  It would only be for doing long distances when we're away on our weekend break.  
    • Posted

I got one from British Red Cross, they loan them to you and you give a donation at the end very useful. I needed one to get to hospital, given it back now.
    • Posted

Hi Nadine and Denise

I will not accept a wheelchair either so I understand, but when I want to go into our shopping centre for more than an hour or so I hire a scooter.....at least I'm independent, can go where I want to when I want to.....its worth a thought if there are any shopmobility places around you.

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Hi

When I  was really stuck at the beginning I got one from the Red Cross and paid a donation

But as I  said in a previous post....a scooter gives you more freedom

Go online, type in the place you are going to and then search for mobility scooters for hire, or try shopmobility........hard to know what to find it under......just keep searching

Good luck

Eileen

• Posted

Hi yes I know that sick feeling too I was just thinking what about asking your local chemist they might have a wheelchair or they would know where u could go to hire 1 at least. 

I hired 1 when I was away on holidays too and it was the best idea ever !!!!! 

• Posted

Hi Eileen 

that is a wonderfull idea I should put a letter into our local shopping centre to see if they would look at doing the same thing for there local shoppers. 

Thanks very for your reply 

regards Nadine 

• Posted

Hi

When we put our heads together we can come up with ideas  LOL

Where do you live? I'm in  the North East...nearest big place is Nwewcastle upon Tyne.

Out of town shopping centre is The Metro Centre, they are the ones I use most often. They hire wheelchairs and scooters of different sizes. You cant take it outside but there is no need to because it is so big it takes ages to get around. There isnt anything much outside anyway.

Newcastle itself has a shopmobility in Eldon Square, another shopping centre but you can take the scooter outside to the shops. That one you pay £10 {I think for membership} then you can hire it anytime its available and not pay.......the Metro one you dont pay to join but you pay £2 for a day there.   They all have their own rules and regulations.

When I've been on holiday I've come across some free ones and some that you have to put down a £20 deposit but get it back when you return the scooter {or wheelchair}

Let me know how you both get on

I've got one hired for the Metro Centre for Sat. I'll drive there, collect the scooter, spend as long as I want or need to there and return it and drive home.

Love

Eileen    UK

• Posted

Hi 

I'm in austrlia I live in Victoria close's City is Melbourne 3.5 hours drive not far at all but that would be something I would love to put to your local conceal even if they would allowe you to take your shopping out to your car then to bring the scooter back into the shop that would be great too and thanks again for all your wonderfull ideas 

have a happy new year 

• Posted

Hi Nadine, the hotel lent me one in La Palma, it was very handy indeed, especially since I only had a splint on for the entire week.  

We don't go away until the 9th January, that will put me at 5 week post fracture, just wondering whether I will be more able to get around at 5 weeks, but not convinced from what I've read and heard.  

I'm thinking the Red Cross route might be the best route for me, we have no idea what we will be doing or where we will be going. 

My wrist is really quite painful this morning, and seems quite swollen, I may see if the fracture clinic is open today and ask for some advice on how to be best deal with it.  

• Posted

Morning Eileen, 

You're post has helped me much more than you could even imagine, because I too live in the North East, if we decide to venture the Metro Centre or Eldon Square, I know exactly what to do now....:-D

I would need hubby to drive me though, not sure when I will be able to drive againm but hoping that once I am able to drive, I will also be able to walk better too.  It's all a bit uncertain at the moment.  

• Posted

Hi Nadine

I used to live in Melbourne....well just outside....worked in Melbourne. I've forgotten the area but I had no transport and I worked in the centre so it cant have been far away.

Thats going back to 1968 and was only for 2 years before coming back to UK

Let me know how you get on

Love

Eileen    UK

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Its a small word.....Nadine writes saying she is in Australia and then you write saying you know where I mean  LOL

I'm Northumberland...that makes it sound out in the wilds....its not....its justover the Tyne and Wear border. All my things happen in Tyne and Wear....the only thing in Northumberland are hospital appointments

Glad it helped you

Let me know if you do it

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

LOL........very small world indeed

We love Northumberland, we do a lot of walking there, (well normally), also Yorkshire Dales, but I broke my ankle halfway down a mountain in La Palma.  We're in North Tyneside.   

Enjoy your family gathering today Eileen....:-D

• Posted

Hi

I was in North Shields for my Christmas Dinner yesterday  LOL

My son, wife and grand daughter

They will be with us today along with goodness knows how many others.

Enjoy yourself

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Amazing it's like the Twilight zone......hahaha

Sounds fun, enjoy, quiet day at home for us today....:-)

• Posted

Hi Eileen 

its a very small world after all I'm hopping 1 day in the future I may end up going over to the uk how ever thanks so much for everything you are such a lovely person to talk to and yes maybe when I write a letter to my counsel I'll be able to post it and your can give me your feed back !!!!!!! 

thanks Nadine 

• Posted

Hello Eileen, 

I've just spent an hour and half in Boundary mill in one of their wheelchairs, they're free to rent but you need someone to push you around as they don't have hand wheels on them.  Not sure if you go there or not, we dont' live far so we often visit.

• Posted

Hi Denise

I probably go to the metro the way you would go to Boundary Mills

We have been there and IT IS BIG

• Posted

The original Boundary mill is in Colne Lancashire, which is where I grew up, that one is massive now.  We don't get there very often now that both my parents have died, they've been gone for around 4 years now.  
    • Posted

Hi....Dont know what is wrong with this site.....it just logged me out halfway through a message to you.

I was just saying Boundary Mills  is big......you need something to get around. I tried my scooter but it wasnt a lot of good, the place was too busy. After that I used my crutches but only got to certain places. {Including the Cafe } lol cheesygrin  Didnt see as much as I would like to have.

Did you enjoy going round in the wheelchair? Who pushed? thats the thing.....Peter would push me but we would want to look at different things. 

The metro wheelchairs dont have pushy wheels on them either. They have to be pushed.

Did you enjoy yourself.?

We went to Kingston Park ....Tesco for a few things then across the road to M & S to have coffee and cake then down to have a look at the clothes.....didnt get anything but others were walking around with their arms full of clotheseek

Well thats a start isnt it ....

I've never tried them but most supermarkets have scooters........Are you close to Morrisons?  Peter does the weekly groceries so I dont need one....just use crutches to get around and look at clothes and bits and pieces whiloe he shops

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Yeah, it was nice to get out, we haven't been out much over the holidays, we went to Sainsburys first, I just used my crutches there, and did the same as you, mainly clothing or cookware.  

We have two Morrison's, two Sainsbury's and a huge Tesco within 10 minutes drive so we're spoilt for choice.  I haven't asked for the wheelchair at a supermarket yet, but then my hubby tends to do most of the shopping too.  

He pushed me around, fortuantely he's on holiday from work, not sure what I'll do when he goes back to work.

• Posted

Hi

Can you drive?  You'll drive yourself there if you want to and use your crutches and just go tothe places you want to......not all around it {nice as that would be}  You must know where everything is so can go straight to the shoes if your want to or tops etc

Me I've been a few times with Peter but dont know it that well so have to walk around and if I find things I find them if not well.........try again the next time LOL

As long as i know where the cafe iswink

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Eileen,

I can't drive until after they take the cast off, and then I believe it's a few weeks after that before I get the all clear.  Having said that, it's within walking distance, not sure I could walk there on crutches though.

I've had several abdominal operations in the past and walked there during my recovery, albeit it very slowly.:-P

• Posted

Hi Denise

How long will it be before the cast comes off?

You could probably get there on crutches but with no energy to go around it.frown

Or at least that would be me.

I forgot about my smashed ankle and the cast I had on......it was a pain.

I had a sore wrist many years ago and drove up to Hexham hospital.

Apparently I had broken a couple of bones at the bottom of my thumb. I never thought anything off it....He plastered it then said do you need to ring a taxi....I said no my car is outside.....You cant drive with that he said...WHAT!!!! I cant leave it sitting here.

He then took my plastered hand and pushed his thumb into the the palm which made a dunk in the palm of my hand {the plaster hadnt quite dried}.....OK put that hollow over your gear lever .......I didnt do that and if anything happens I know nothing  cheesygrin

Even now {about 10 years later} Sarah will be in the passanger seat and say Mam.....you havent got a plaster on now LOL I still occasionally change gear like that....just me hand on top of it not gripping itcheesygrin

Thats   got nothing to do with your plaster......I just remembered.

Love

Eileen

• Posted

not sure yet, but he said it might be able to come off after 6 weeks depending on how it progresses, it's been 3 weeks since the fall, but only had a splint on for one week.

Funny you should mention about your wrist, mine has been so painful since using crutches.  I often get pain around my wrist and fingers, particularly my thumb, but i've been unable to rest it because of the crutches.  It's been really quite painful since using crutches.  

• Posted

Hi Denise

It a vicious circle I find,.,,,,,I need the crutches to support myself but supporting myself hurts my wrist and my shoulder......what can you do?

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Horrid. Going to talk to my doc about it tomorrow Eileen. My left wrist is so painful.
    • Posted

Hi Eileen 

hope you had a wonderfull Christmas !!! Mine was very good nice and relaxing to which was nice. When we were talking the other day about the scooter within your shopping centre that you can hire out I was just wanting to know if you can remember is there a speed limit on then and if so how much ruffle would it be ? If your note sure that's fine I'm making writing a few points down for my letter then once I'm done I'll type it up for u to read thanks 

regards Nadine 

• Posted

Hi Nadine,

As far as I know if you hire one in a shopping centre they are fixed to go at no more than  miles an hour.......The one I hire....you just turn the knob to slow it down or speed ??????  LOL  it up. one bit of the knob has a snail {slow} when you turn it it goes to a hare  LOL

They may differ I'm not sure but as far as I've heard 8  miles an hour is the max and thats outside I think.

Sorry I'm not much help

Love

Eileen

UK

• Posted

Hi Eileen 

Thats great thanks for your help !!!! Out door indoor I think there needs to be a speed on them cause they travel so fast on the dam things, which is fine on an open foot path..

happy new year hope you and your family have a good 1 !!!!!!!!! 🎉🎉

• Posted

Hi Nadine

Do none of your supermarkets have any for hire?  Some of our large grocery places have them for hire.....they are really big....Never had one of them.......Shopping centre, they are much smaller ones......you have 3 sizes to choose from.

I agree about the speed limit. 

I bought mine 2nd hand and its not a particularly big one because I wanted it to go in my husbands car which means taking it to pieces {about  pieces} so when outside I drive on the footpath not the road but thats not very often.....good luck in you quest and have a great 2015

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Hi Nadine

Have you googled shopmobility before writing to people?

I had a quick google and it does bring up some things but know how sprawling Victoria is I have no idea where there are.

Why dont you do a search for anything similar to mobility scooters they may not call them that.

I'm originally from Northern Ireland now living in the North East of England.....not that far and the amount of different names we have for things ??????????? LOL

Give it a go

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Hi Eileen 

No I haven't had a look online at any but we do have a shop that does sell all different scooters wheel chairs and everything else you need to take some home from hospital Im going to go over and speak to the guys that run the shop just so then I do 'hopefully' know what I'm talking about before writing anything and hopefully they can send me in the right direction with what would the best kind of scooter to have in a shopping centre.

The problem now is they are closed for another 2 week and they re-open on the 12th of jan 2015. 

Thanks very much for hopping onto google and doing some resurch to help me in my projected and trying to find out some information 😄.

This world we live in is a very big place and there isn't many people that would do what you have doing with helping me and giving me ideas when we have never met I feel quit blessed right now.  

Thankyou so very much for been on the other end of this sight.

I hope you and your family and friends have a wonderfull new year tonight 🎉 take care 

From     Nadine 

• Posted

Morning Nadine {7.30am UK time}

Hope you have a blessed New Year and a fantastic 2015

If I remember rightly New Year comes to you first?

The reason I mentioned google online is that is I'm going on holiday in the UK  I google the place I'm going to and find out where there shopmobility places are {if I need them}  So I thought you could do the same......I know its much bigger and sprawling  LOL but it was worth a try.

I never got lost in Melbournewink I loved the streets the way they were situated in a grid shape.....no curves, bends etc

Anyway what did you do at New Year? [if anything}

I'm not doing much........we are going to a friends hous at 6pm for a meal......she's ill at the minute and cant take late nights......bed by 9pm usually then we'll go home

We'll come out again closer to midnight........there is a big parade in the center of Newcastle {we have Newcastle as wellcheesygrin} then they all congregate at the quayside and there is a massive firework display.

Being on 2 crutches now I cant cope with the parade and all the people that are drunk  LOL and then everyone  congregating on the quayside for about an hour before anything happens......too much shoving and pushing and drunkness......I would have coped one time  LOL

So we have found a nice high spot where we drive up to and have a great view of the fireworks from there. When they start we get out of the car unless its raining ....its surprising how many others do that as well.

Anyway hope you have a brilliant time whatever you do

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

I have their membership card for out Local office, but when shown throughout UK its available free of charge. Infact my sisters husband uses them in Edinburgh when he's over there.
    • Posted

Hi Eileen 

its now 11.14 pm New Years eve had a nice quite day at home went for a bit of a shop this afternoon , went up to a friends place for a bbq tea for her birthday today on New Years eve I was back home at 9pm as things started to get a bit crazy and me been in a moon boot and still on 1 crutcher I thought I best come home.. 

I live with my mum still but I'm in a self contained unit above the house sort of like a 2 no story and she was home along so didnt won't to be out to late anyway.

I made a deal with my dad when he was sick before he passed away that I would be with her for things like this.

great to hear your still going to go out even though you have the crutches and I totaly understand what you mean about to many people and the pushing and shoving , no one seems to think of saying sorry if the run into u only maybe the odd 1 or 2 

where we live in Wodonga we are up pretty high so we get to see the fire work from our front Varander and they are down the other end of town they have a 9pm display for the kids then they all leave and the over 18 yrs get to stay on at the footy oval an party I went there last year because my sister was here with mum so I went to it last year an had a great nite. This year I may not even be awake for midnight but I'm trying very hard to stay awake 😏 but after midnight I will be 😴😴😴 very easily.

enjoy all your celebrations tonight and your fire works as the really the best thing about the new year when your on crutches.

U have a wonderfull night and I hope all goes well when your out an about tonight take care 

from Nadine xxoo 

• Posted

Hi Nadine,

You'll be sound asleep now I would think  lol

Its 1.15pm here and we've just been out doing a bit of shopping before going out at 5pm tonight.

Hope you have a great 2015

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Lorna

I'm curious to know....what local office?  I'm in the North East...where are you.

Tell me about this free of charge throughout the UK please wink

I've just got my blue badge for parking when I drive

Shopmobility.......I have to go to each one seperately and they all have their own rules and reg

Love

Eileen    UK

• Posted

Hi Eileen 

yes you were very right I was sound asleep when you had replyed and I really didn't won't to get out of bed I'm still really tied but it's only 8.15 pm lol can't go to bed while it's still day light..... Lol lol how ever yes it was a great nite and I also hope you had a wonderful night out too.

I hope you planed to sleep in after your big night out , please let me know how you went on your crutches with so many people been out 

from Nadine xx 

• Posted

Hi Nadine

Its taken me a while to get onto the computer today  LOL its 5.50pm

Well last night we had friends over but they left before midnight {she has been ill and cant take late nights at the minute} So we were going to go to the fireworks but in the end we didnt  LOL

I think if we hadnt had friends over I would have been restless and wanted to go out.As it was I was happy enough to stay in for the rest of the evening.

I cant tell you about the crutches because {apart from not going this year} when we go we drive up high, stay in the car until the display starts then get out and sit on the bonnet of the car and watch from there

I wouldnt dare go down into those crowds....some drunk, some just rowdy and hundreds of them.....

Glad you had a good night

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Eileen 

good to hear you had a nice night what a great idea going up in the the car other years it would be nice an quite you could have your very own party up there lol. 

I hope your friend is ok, 

its so hot here today it's only 2.27 pm and it's about  37 ' c they think it's going hit about around the 40 degree mark which make me say I'm not going anywhere in the heat it makes me sick when it's so hot and because I'm so slow with me walking anyway all I have planed is to sit back watch some tv and even have a wee nanny nap lol lol. 

From nadine 

• Posted

Hi Nadine

Its 7.45am here and still dark.

The past few days it has been close to zero and white hard frost.

Today seems very windy ....a real storm.....but its not icey. This is just me looking out the window....still in pj's and waiting for my paracetamols and gel to get to work  cheesygrin

This morning I'm going to the Metro Centre.......so thats a drive,{15 mins} and inside to park and thats it.......I shall shop for a while. I doubt that I'll do much shopping {not with 2 crutches} but will have a look around.

I'll finish off at Starbucks for coffee

Then home and the only time I'll be out is from the house to the car. I like the metro centre for that reason

Not sure what Peter and I will do this afternoon but I'm sure we'll do something.   Somewhere aalong the way I'll get some house work donecheesygrin

I dont like the heat ....well not really hot. It would be lovely if it ws warm all the time....not really hot or humid or like this....freezing cold  LOL

No pleasing some people  wink

I remember Melbourne......I could get all four seasons in one dayeek It always seemed to be windy....either a cold wind or a hot wind.

Oh well.....we take what we are given.

Hope you hve a peaceful day in that heat....

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Hi Eileen 

Its now 10.50 pm here, it doesn't seem to me the you are so far away.

I really can't stand the heat it makes me feel really sick like I'm going to vomit when out to long how ever I didn't even leave the inside of house mum kept up with the watering of her fabulous garden so she didn't loos a thing with the hot wind and it looks like tomorrow it's going to be another relaxing day because it's going to be about 41 degrees 😡 so that will be me again.  they are thinking them we are ment to be getting 4 days of rain but I will believe that when is happens..

I would so love it to be a winter all year round because you can always warm up but the blasted heat you can't get ride off it yuk !!! 

Yes melburne is a funny kind of place with there waether I have family down there and I'll call them a couple of days before and ask what to bring and I should know now to take a some of every wrather type lol lol.

speaking of shopping I think mine will have to wait until Saturday need 3 birthday cards for a  15 & a 13 my oldest sister kids and a 1 year old for my 2nd oldest sister then my 2 little ones aren't until February and may thankfully is January is just a very crazy month for them here..

the 15 and 13 year olds come down on the plane from Queensland which will be great can't wait. To see them all the other kids live around us which is good but sometimes not lol lol

anyway I've bored you to much now so hope your shopping trip was good and u spent up big on your self and if anyone says what did you get that for all have to say is it make me feel better lol lol it's worked when I've said it before lol

from Nadine 

xxoo 

• Posted

Hi Nadine

It is so far away isnt it? Yet it doesnt seem it...like you say

I dont like the heat like you say......if we go abroad for holidays we tend to go early or late when its not so warm. My husband loves the heat, so does my daughter....Son is more like me cheesygrin  Poor lad

I didnt buy much at all......it was supposed to be my exercise day where I walk and dont shop much....just have coffee LOL. Its a good place in the winter to exercise...its flat, dry and warm. So when I'm on my own I try to watch my posture, not grip my crutches lots of little things like that  and I find I can walk much further without discomfort now.

Tomorrow I should be shopping  LOL  I'll hire a scooter so that I can carry things....even if its only tissues, and bulky household things like that.

I take my crutches, park the scooter and walk through shops or walk from one shop to another  to browse.....I dont buy anything until the last minute.I just look and decide if I want something. I want to be free to get off the scooter and walk around shops without lugging 2 crutches and a shopping bag around. I wouldnt leave them on the scooter if I left it.

Dont know what they are like there but my things would just go walk-a-aboutcheesygrin

I might not get anything for myself......I find thats the way...if I've got money to spend I cant see anything i want, if I havent.....thats when I see things and think Oh I would like that LOL

You didnt bore me at alll

So hear you later.

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Hi Eileen 

that is a great idea to get some exercising done in a shopping centre I guess where u are at the moment it's probably freezing cold which I would love it to be like that here

I do feel a little rude I've never asked u why u are on crutches and what u have done I feel a little blone lol lol

I have had a triple fousion in my right ankle which was done back in June but I'm still using one crutcher because my foot isn't really playing very nice at the moment and with this moon boot I've got to wear the heat and the smell is enough to knock some one out I think lol. 

I'm not having a very good run at the moment I've got to have my nose / sinus fess clean out on this Tuesday coming which I'm not really looking forwards to because it's going to make my eyes rather black and my poor little 11 month old nephew won't wont to come any where near me but its all good we will work something out.

well it's 2.00 pm and I haven't left the house for 2.5 days now but I have to go do a little bit of shopping worse luck and I know it's going to be hot blah I'll end up looking like a 😡😡 so I'll talk to u soon 

from Nadine 

xxoo 

• Posted

Hi Nadine

Thats right.......I didnt really know why you were using a crutch

I suppose we both thought we are using crutches and that was the common factorbiggrin

Its 7.22am here, your post was posted  four hours ago,3am approx UK time

I know those boots and it must be awful to have it in the heat you get. I've got a couple of other friends in Australia who are moaning about the heat while I moan about the cold  LOL

Why did you have a triple fusion.....if thats not a stupid question?

Me.....well I had my 2nd hip replacement and 4 weeks into recovery I was doing one of the hospital exercises and there was a crack and the leg {that had been operated on} gave way. They took me into hospital, X- Rayed it, said I had fractured my greater trochanter bone????? If you are anything like me you've never heard of it.....but its up beside where they did the replacement

Couldnt do anything about it but it would heal by itself.....Thats a year agoeek  I've been told since by the consultant I see more often {not the emergency one} that it will never heal because a bit of bone has completely broken off and moved, it has moved so far that the 2 pieces will never knit together again.eekI'm sitting here in pj's, drinking a cup of tea, I've put some gel on and taken 2 paracetamol and hope the pain eases shortly.  Then I'll get ready....washed, dressed etc.

You aren't having a very good run.....how long will it take for your sinuses to be cleaned.......At least over there you can hide your eyes with sunglassescheesygrin until they heal and the blackness goes

I've looked out the window and its completely white...not snow but frost.

Sunday morning and I should be going to church but this is the first winter on crutches and I'm terrified of the ice

Oh yes after the fracture they discovered I had osteoporosis {fragile bones}   If I go out this morning and my crutches slip and I go down that could be another fracture somewherecry

I dont know what to do....I missed church last week. I should be there about 9.30am  but the weather forecast says its going to be 0 degrees until lunchtime

I'm not a happy little bunny this morning.

I drive so I suppose I could drive there and check it out and it might not be as bad as here......its only about 3 miles away but the wather can be different. I have to park about 5 mins away from the church {if I was going in} and thats the bit that scares me

Good luck with your outing today.....I hope you survive the heat

Hear you later

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Good morning Eileen

wow 7.30 am I try very hard to sleep in lately lol I'm not a very happy Chappy that time of morning lol 

wow 0 degrees I would love that at the moment and yes it's now 7pm Sunday night..

maybe if it's so foggie and thing are a bit slippery under foot u would be best of maybe going for a drive maybe make your choice when you arrive or I'm sure the father at the church would compleatly understand if you didn't make it.

I can't get over that your leg has a breake where is did and yes there wouldn't be anything they could do but as far as the bone moving you would think they could maybe open and take out the floating pice of bone then maybe fouis where the break is or something like that does that mean you will have to be on crutches permanently or will you maybe 1 day be able to get off then you poor bagga it also sounds very painful ????? 

My shopping trip was good I went and saw a friend while I went out then shopped on my way home which realy was mainly for ( ice pole ) lol lol how ever , 

My big problem was when I was born mum an dad were told I have vertical talas which realy means extremliy flat feet and rolled in ankles and were they tired so many different things when I was little due to nothing working they then told my parents not to do any more until thing start to break down which has been the last say 10 years on and off my surgen that's fixing my feet has been amazing and with out him I would be in a wheelchair so I am so very great full to him for all the work he has done over the years.

this last operation I had done was in June of last which he did 3 fouishens in 1 operation which was the worst pain I've ever had but it's just not playing nice at the moment and I got back to see him on the 5th of February to see if he is going to fouse my ankle compteatly..

as far as my nose I've had a sinus clean out and the bone in my nose straitened back about 12 months ago and my ear nose and throat surgen needs to just clean it all out again and take some biopsies to see what causing all the swelling but it's only a day procedure so I'll be able to come back home an relax I've just got to sleep sitting up for a week bagga that's not going to be much fun as I always keep sliding down the bed lol.. 

I was just wondering would it be easier if I sent you my email address or we can just keep talking though this I'm easy which ever way.

i hope everything goes well today if you decide to go out to church or even shopping ??? 

Talk to you soon 

Nadine xxoo 

• Posted

Hey sorry Eileen I said about sending your my email address which I'm more then happy to still do but I'm just not sure how to send you a private message like other people have done to me lol lol I'm a wee bit behind in all this computer stuff only had my iPad now for about 4 months yes an I'm 38 lol lol 
    • Posted

Hi Nadine

I have to go out.....but to send a pm.......click on my picture nd it should come up with my profile and somewhere it will say message

But I've just sent you one with my e.mail address on it so watch out on this screen top right side where it says messages and click on it and you should get me message.

Sorry I have to dash.....I'll reply to the rest of your message later when I get back

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Nadine

I decided to answer this herre because if I tried to email it I wouldnt remember what you had said LOL

Last one.

I'm used to gettin up {thats all....out of bed} at 7am and going on the computer, taking my pain killers and waiting for them to take effect before getting ready

I went to church, parked in the usual car park and very gingerly walked to church....it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be

I then came home and we had a sandwich lunch, then to the coast where there is a craft sale on a Sunday at the station. We went round that then into the cafe for coffee and cakewink

My son, dil and grandaughter didnt get here on Boxing day....he had a cold {man flu  cheesygrin} so there were 3 presents left for my grandaughter

We took them to her after the fair. {about 5 mins away} stayed there for a while then I was going to visit a friend in hospital....she has stomach cancer and went througha 5 hour operation 4 days ago.

I drove to a friends house {about 10 mins away} left my car and we went together in her car to the hospital.

We then had coffee after we had seen her ...Costa coffee shop in the hospital

Dove back to her house and I picked up my car and then drove home and had something to eat.

So thats why the short messages in between times to you...sorry.

Been a busy day

I've been told I'll be on crutches for the rest of my life. Depends where I'm going....if its not far...int a meeting or something like that I can use one crutch but if its walking round shops I need 2.

One lot are pink and black and the other lot are purple and black......if I have to use them might as well make the most of it.

Glad your shopping trip was good and you survived the heat  LOL

You've had lots of operations......poor you;.

Still as you say you might have been in a wheelchair without them

Glad the nose one is only an overnight one.

So I went to church, went shopping at the craft fair, visited son dil and g/daughter and then visited a sick friend in hospital.....its only 9.20pm but I'm ready for bed now

Love

Eileen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.