Diarrhea for over a year and recurring hemorrhoids weekly

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am a very active 25 year old male.... I am not sure why i left this unnoticed for so long but I did not thing nothing of my soft stools.  I have BM 3-5 times daily and are pencil like and thin mostly.  I have had constipation also and hemoroids recurring sometimes 2-3 times in a week.  This has been very stressful and made my anxiety level high.  After 2 months of taking Probiotics and diet changing and seeing no results I am now scheduled for a colonoscopy at the end of the month.  Can somebody tell me what they think this may be?  I have only had blood in stool 1 time in the last year but symtpoms have been stomach pains sometimes after eating, diarrhea, and hemorroids.

Thanks to whomever can give advice

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

nick as you say that after 20 to 30 stool you pass normal stool in size---------if you have some kind of tumor inside you can continously same size stool it will not go to normal stool thats the positive point man--------i wanna say it to you that there are millions of the people like us who pass thin stool or different kind of stool but they never worried about it but some people are senstive like me and you they think alot-------why it will go like that why the shape of stool is different why it goes thin why i have different colour of stool etc------i know why you are thinking bad i am sure you search it on google and google will make your mind worse-------every thing on google is not truth i have gall bladder polyp before in 2009 i search on google i was super afraid mine one is 3mm doctor suggest follow up but i request as i search on google i do surgery and the biopsy of my gall bladder will come normal------recently my wife is pregnant i search symptom of my wife on google its show baby boy but in ultrasound its a baby girl hahahahhahaaha google result will be always opposite-------so keep calm your mind eat alot then let me see your stool will be a ton of weight-----million of people are like us i say it again but we are more sensitive the only thing you should do nw to be relax and don,t think to much and only colonscopy make your worries clear and it will be normal colonscopy just try on probiotic tablets which will help you 
    • Posted

Thanks for your help and postiveness... I will reply to this chat after my colonoscopy on June 29th to let everybody know the diagnosis!
    • Posted

I've had symptoms of stomach pains diarrhea for four weeks sometimes soft stool but never normal they ruled out the gall bladder..so stressed out and depressed over all this literally can't sleep at night ..I have two small children and I've worried myself sick about all the what ifs...sent stool samples off yesterday praying its just infection that can be treated if not guess I will be scheduling colonoscooy also I've never been sedated or put to sleep so already stressing about that too..hope you get better ..prayers sent your way
    • Posted

You don't necessarily need sedation,  Some people on this forum have not had sedation.  You could also ask for a barium enema instead if the sedation worries you.  
    • Posted

Sedation is nothing at all like a general anaesthetic , and nothing to worry about.

A colonoscopy shows everything really clearly, I've had one both with and without sedation, and would chose sedation every time, it's just like a short sleep.

• Posted

Thank you it really does worry me ..I'm scared of what's going on and need to find out .. Praying this is all just an infection and goes away
    • Posted

Thanks for the words of encouragement I guess its just the fact of never having it done before that scares me ..someone else being in charge of when I go to sleep and when I wake up...its got me really stressed..and then of course the results from having it done
    • Posted

Don't worry about the colonoscopy candy I've had about 4 and honestly have never taken the sedation, it's just a bit uncomfortable honestly, and it's the best method to find out what's going on. I promise you once you have it, you say to yourself what was I worrying about? The sedation also doesn't put you to sleep it just makes you relax more. Good luck
    • Posted

I got diagnosed with IBS last year and it took three and a half months to get answers.  Fortunately, I didn't need a colonoscopy which I was glad of.  I don't tolerate any medical procedures or sedation of any kind because I am very hyper sensitive.  I suspect this is because of Aspergers.  However, everyone is different and it is best to do what's right for you.
    • Posted

Thank you I'm gonna check into different ways to get answers if the tests I've already done doesn't give me answers...I have panic attacks bad so don't want to have one getting ready to go under sedation
    • Posted

I would ask about the side effects if you choose to have the sedation because they don't usually tell you unless you ask.  The reason why I'm saying this is because sedation can effect you emotionally especially if you suffer from anxiety.  I got depression from it after an endoscopy and was not forewarned about it.  When I told the consultant he claimed that this was unusual but I later found out it is a known side effect.  He said that I appeared to have tolerated it during the procedure but I don't have immediate reactions, mine are usually delayed.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice..what types of problems do you have with your IBS if you don't mind me asking...see if my case is similiar
    • Posted

Thank you the gastro doctor I have talked with said you have to be sedated...?? I know I've seen lots of people post they've had it without sedation
    • Posted

Cindy,

I am sorry to hear but on a positive note it has only been four weeks for you!  For me it has been months, if not almost a year of these symptoms.  Be positive and hopefully it will just be a minor infection.  Prayers right back to you.

Thanks,

• Posted

Mainly dull stomach pain which is usually mild.  It moves all over my stomach and I can get constipated if I don't eat fruit.  Occasionally, I have had loose stools with nausea.  If the pain is bad, I take Buscopan and painkillers.
    • Posted

Even if he does have to sedate you try not to worry because honestly it doesn't put you to sleep, it's more like a relaxer.
    • Posted

Thank you..i m hoping it is only an infection and just goes away I can't imagine if this goes on for months I can't imagine how you feel
    • Posted

Maybe..I know whatever it is its making me a mental case...would say jk but it seriously is
    • Posted

Before my diagnosis, I was a nervous wreck.  I didn't have a day without panic.
    • Posted

That's the way I get, if my IBS or diverticular is flaring up, in and out the toilet, it makes you so down and exhausted, once you get a diagnosis you have to go through the acceptance that no matter what you have to live with this, however, you get to know what to look for and eating healthy plays a big part in your recovery.
    • Posted

I try not to think the worst like everyone I'm sure but it still crosses your mind and it really is depressing not knowing what's going on...praying for the best for me and everyone else on here and anyone in general dealing with these kinds of symptoms
    • Posted

So abdominal xray blood and stool test all come back normal ...I'm worried sick to what's going on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.