Did it kill the "seks"?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I understand that some might not want to respond to this post. Just wanted to ask others if they lost all desire for seks after their op? I am now five months post-op and have realised I have never wanted it once since the op. This is unusual for me...

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well my hubby, pestered from going home, he was joking on though,he was lucky I couldn't do a bobbit.eek the last thing I even wanted to joke about.  Certainly no inclination to try, but feel that now, I'm getting in the need for some lol But looking online my favourite is a no nosad to be honest, I am wary to try anything at the moment.  I'm 10 weeks.
    • Posted

Im surprised my partner has been so understanding considering hes 24, most lads at that age are immature and the deed is the only thing on there mind. Im very surprised haha. But grateful haha. Im glad your partner understands and my advice, just ease yourself in, if your not ready, dont force it, could end up damaging something and how fun would that be to explain to A&E/doctor hahaha 😉😉
    • Posted

You have a very special young man there Sarah, time will come 

Oh I'm past caring if I had to explain, would just come straight out with it, once I hit 50yrs my inhibitions flew out the window. lolol  I will talk about anything lol Just have to go by the hip, it'll tell me.

• Posted

Im terrified of my new hip haha. Dont want to do anything it it incase something goes wrong haha. Then again atm im struggling to even open my legs to clean myself at toilet (rank yes i know, i am clean though 😂). Actually is that normal haha?
    • Posted

Yes it is normal, especially when youre in the sitting position , if no one minds me being a bit graphic , i half stand to do it and its easier . Its easier re opening legs when on your back - all that practice sleeping like that with 2 pillows between them lol. We have ' done the deed ' but gently and very very carefully ,(  im 8 weeks post op )but it was like that after my op two years ago and we did eventually get back to - not quite - swinging from chandeliers ! Does take an understanding partner though . I split with my ex 10 years ago so was on my own when had first hip op - so things like ths weren't a consideration . Been with my current partner for 7 years - we are both mid fifties and i am very lucky that he has been very sympathetic around it all , dealing with me going through two further surgeries -  my ex would have been totally non understanding and not at all supportive xx 
    • Posted

I have been half standing when doing it but my legs dont seem to want to. Or maybe dont know how to yet haha. And im glad your partner understands. Me and my partner have to get past this and my shoulder surgery haha. Xxxx
    • Posted

Lol, I was a sister / senior nurse in A and E for 10 years and believe me i,ve heard / seen far worse and disturbing stories than someone dislocating a new hip having a bit of hanky Panky! - we.d probably just have given you three cheers for trying ! Xxx
    • Posted

If he stays and gets you past it then hes a keeper - sounds like he is anyway! Xxxx
    • Posted

Haha well when i broke it he sat for 7 hours in a&e with me so i think we will get past both of these. He understands my condition and he has his own health issue so iv sat in hospital plenty of times with him haha. For 5 hours every 8 weeks 😂
    • Posted

You obviosly are both very supportive of each other , which is a lovely thing xxxxxx
    • Posted

Hahaha yup. So hes been sent out for a night out with his friends and iv just had to buy some presents for my little babies (my pets) as i havent been able to interact with them as much haha xxxx
    • Posted

Still early days yet Sarah. I think that's why I have been extra careful these last 10 weeks, still see doc on Tuesday so hope everything cleared then.

I found the cleaning difficult to start with, I didn't know how to do the back end (sorry if too much information) because I used to sit and twist right back. I found I had to stand and go on slight tip-toe (op side) to do the deed.

• Posted

Your meant for each other Sarah, very caring towards each other.
  • Posted

it looks like you have gotten a lot of responds to your post which clearly indicates that you are not alone. We all went thru this cool off period for no reason other than we were so preoccupied dealing with pain and mobility, as well as the uncertainties after surgery. I believe our partners ( wife, husband, boyfriends or girls friends) should be very

supportive since this is a temporary situation.

I commend you for bringing this subject up which most people don't like to share or discuss.

Beck

• Posted

Wow. I admit I was very surprised to log in and find so many responses to this question. Thanks for all the replies. I was worried I just had a dirty mind (or no longer had one) or something. Many of you give me hope for the future!
    • Posted

Sex is perfectly natural, just to talk about it does not mean you have a dirty mind lol  It's a pity more people are not more open about things, especially if they are embarrassed by it.  Anything for that matter, not just sex, bowel cancer etc I'm a big believer in people talking about these things, break down the barriers.
    • Posted

Totally - we're all grown-up on here, and we all like a bit of luvin with our nearest and dearest.

Graham - 🚀💃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.