Disheartened

Posted , 20 users are following.

My closest friend has just basically told me to get a grip. We are of a similar age (46) and she says I'm the only women in our age group, including herself, she knows who is ' suffering' with bad peri/meno symptoms. Apparently everyone else is doing great and getting on with it. I now feel like she sees me as a complainer and weak. The thing is I don't personally know any women who are having it bad (which is good thing - I wouldn't wish it on anyone) so maybe I am just one of the unlucky few or I am a complainer and weak. Who knows, all I do know is the brain fog, dizziness, nausea, neck aches, headaches, extreme fatigue, hair loss etc etc is very real, if only to me.

Sorry to babble on, but feeling sad and a bit alone right now. If your female friends can't sympathise it's a lonely old place to be.

But hey, reading all your posts on here helps tremendously - l don't know how I'd cope without this place. Thank you all for your posts and I wish you all as smooth and symptom free transition as possible.

Every day is a day towards getting to the other side!

Happy Sunday!

Love and best wishes Dazed xx

3 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hopefully you saw the post about things to eat during these tough times - I am so sorry you feel the way you do and I know it is real, but you need to change your eating habits and drink 8 glasses of water every day - first thing every morning drink a large glass of water with lemon juice - you might even think of doing a detox of your body to rid yourself of all the built up toxins - check your health food store on how to detox - you are the only one who can make it all happen - we are all different and need different things - don't get up and say oh this hurts that hurts, I feel awful - instead get out of bed and stand tall and tell yourself you are going to have a good day - you are going to work at being good to yourself and do whatever it takes to feel better - be positive - you can do it

• Posted

I feel bad for my family !!! I have a really great guy in my life, I have two sons still at home 19&15. Sometimes they tip toe around me and I feel such remorse when I have snapped at them .

They sometimes look at me like my head just spun around .

• Posted

The thing is it affects everyone differently, I know two friends who had no symptoms, others like me and you, are having hair loss, mood swings, bone pains, heart palpitations and more!!! It's the low oestrogen causing it all which fluctuates during the month. I'm on HRT which has really helped, but still get some low mood and mood swings at the same time each month.

Hang in there, all will be ok, we will come out of it, just be kind to yourself and forget what other people say or think. Do whatever you can to make you feel better.

• Posted

Hi Dazednconfused, everyone here is experiencing just about the same thing as you. I have been experiencing a host of symptoms for 3 years now. When I am at my worst, I feel alone and crazy. My husband of 27 years tries to be understanding. I know it is hard for him also.

I don't have many female friends or Co workers that I can tell my problems too. I thank God for this website. It is nice to know that you are not the only one going through this. I have been feeling more like myself now. I just hope the symptoms stay away forever.

It does get better. Now is the time to focus on you, take time out for yourself. Get out of the house, walk , window shop go site seeing by yourself. Find things that make you smile, even when you feel awful. Pay attention to your body, exercise.

I think peri/menopause forces women to start taking care of themselves , start finding things to do that make us happy. We spend the first part of our lives focusing on others, now we are forced to focus on us.

• Posted

I was thinking the same thing just last night !

I even said those exact words . I have to start finding things that make me happy and just go do them.

It's hard sometimes , I.love my family. I have the greatest guy in my life and his job is kind of weather dictated so he works alot in the fall when weather is decent trying to prepare for winter jobs . He is a cat operator . I.miss him so much but then again I get stir crazy sitting around waiting for him to get home. It's time to start doing some activities for me !

• Posted

You are not alone! I suffer from all of these too. Just try to stay positive. This group helps you stay sane so vent all you want. Hugs to you.
  • Posted

Your friends time is coming trust me! Everyone body is different and some of us start perimenopause MUCH sooner than others HOWEVER every woman will go through it. One day when it hits your friend she will be back apologizing and asking how did you cope! Don't you dare feel bad YOU are NOT a complainer or weak this stuff is real and not easy to deal with or GET through a big HUGS to you!

• Posted

sory re your freind, freinds shld support whatever and you dont need her thats for sure.   You are not alone, as this site will proove, i am like you and you are not alone thats for sure.  Good advice to look after yourself, try all you can to help ease the horrible symptoms.  they are all normal menopause im afraid, all the best to you.

keep in touch, praps we should arrange a time each week so we can all be online does that sound good idea?  debi

• Posted

Wow so many fantastic replies and comments to my post. Thank you all ladies - your support and good wishes mean a lot and I'm very grateful especially as I know so many of you are also dealing with this trying time.

I said this on an earlier response but I'll say it again - I am so thankful for this site and all the amazing, compassionate and brave women on it who post and take the time to support others. How on earth did women get through this before the Internet I've no idea.

Wishing you all good health and good times on the other side. In the meantime keep posting and sharing - we will carry each other over the finishing line!

Hugs to you all

Dazed xx

• Posted

Hi sweetie i to am having the same as you isnt it hell im 53 and was sure i was coping and getting on top of this but im not at the mo, it all calmed down now flareing up again
    • Posted

Yes Karen I know where you are coming from. Just when you think the worst is over some new symptom rears its ugly head
  • Posted

See, you are not alone. So cheer up we are all here for each other. Speak soon.
  • Posted

Hi

I, too, am one of the chosen few who seems to have every meno symptom ever recorded.  It's been going on since I was 50, but my hair started thinning in my late 30's.  I didn't know what was causing it at the time, but it makes sense now.  I am now 61 and have been through the wringer.  I feel like I have tried everything to feel normal again.  People say they understand but how can they?  You get out of bed in the morning feeling like a 90 year old, everything hurts, you're hot, you're cold and it goes on.  Anyway, HRT helped for a couple of years and then I decided to see how I went without it.  All the symptoms came back but they did seem to be less intense with the exception of the VA.  I couldn't bear my partner near me.  Luckily, I recently went to a gyno and she prescribed a vaginal cream.  It took a couple of week to work but now I feel almost normal again, well in that area anyway cheesygrin.  Good luck with your journey.  For me, I don't think it ends.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.