Dizziness caused by acid reflux

Posted , 122 users are following.

I was pleased to find this site as 4 months ago I was gong to the gym most days of the week. I am 61 years old but consider myself to be relatively fit. In may of this year I developed a spit and continually wanted to clear my throat .

I have had an MRI scan, Cat scan andchest/lung Xrays, all of which were clear. I have experienced lots of the symtoms contributore to the site talk about. Back pain, shoulder pain, breathlessness,hoarsness ,buzzing in my head tiredness and most scary of all lightheadedness which makes me feel as if I'm going to faint. I have seen two ENT consultants the latter of whom said that a virus was causing too much acid being produced in my stomach and has prescribed two 20mg doses of Opemrazole daily. I have taken great comfort form the discussions on this site but I am particularly interested if anyone has experienced the lightheadedness/ dizziness and ringing in the head.

10 likes, 144 replies

144 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh and I forgot , I've been having a hard time swallowing and feel like something is stuck down my throat .

• Posted

I have been experiencing seething similar. I have this weird buzzing sensation that also gives me a feeling of lightheadedness but have noticed I mostly experience this when I detect I have indigestion which is quite often. I was told I had Acid Reflux a while back and was told by the doctor to take Nexium 2 pills a day. Up until reading your post is thought it was a separate issue from the Reflux. I have seen so many phycians and they all look dumbfounded when I mention the buzzing sensation. I had assumed it was something to do with my sinusitis since I had been seeming to have an overproduction of mucus which has been causing me grief on a regular. I was considering sinus surgery but now I think it has nothing to do with my sinus issue. The buzzing and dizziness happens quite often and I am desperate for a solution.
  • Posted

Have had all of the same symptoms for 10 years. I'll go a couple months and be fine and then it all starts again. Ill get the dizziness feeling and feel like I have to throw up but I'll just dry heave and clear mucus will come up and the dizziness goes away. I've been dealing with this for so long. I just want to feel normal.

• Posted

Helli! Have you foind any answers for this? I actually have been suffering from the same symptoms....but everytime i see the dr they say blood work is fine.
  • Posted

I get lightheadedness as well and sometimes feel like I'm going to pass out off and on briefly throughout day. Got a very intense flu/cold virus and since then have been dealing with a lot of acid.

Read online that if you take Extra Virgin Siberian Pine Nut Oil it can help heal your stomach and gut and people have found relief after years of suffering.

Take 1teaspoon three times a day 30-60 minutes before a meal.

Have it on order now. Sure hope it helps.

Also have had pain in my sides and back Area under ribs from it and sometimes feel like my torso is on fire and all the acid is melting my organs.

Sure hope the extra virgin Pine nut oil helps! Heard it has worked miracles!

Best of luck!

• Posted

So sorry you have suffered like this!

I had caught an intense flu/cold virus. lasted for a a looong time and almost died. Since then I've been dealing with a loooot of acid. To the point to where I'll feel lightheaded and dizzy from it and sometimes feel like I might pass out briefly off and on. Sometimes the acid gets so intense that it feels like my torso is on fire and it's going to melt all my organs! Have had pain on my side and back Area from it too.

I read online that Extra Virgin Siberian Pine Nut Oil has helped maaaaaany people.

Some saying they were suffering for years and it brought relief.

They say it actually heals your gut and stomach (doesn't just treat the symptoms but actually HEALS your gut)

You are supposed to take 1teaspoon three times a day 30-60 minutes before a meal.

It is kind of pricey.. about 40-50 dollars for an 8.5 oz bottle, but that bottle should last about 16 days or so at the rate if 1 tablespoon total per day.

If it actually helps heal this misery, it will be totally worth it! Uuuuuuugh!!!!

I have this in order. Sure hope it helps! Just wanted to pass on the info because I heard it has helped many people.

Best of luck! Sure hope this helps!

• Posted

I just had a lightbulb moment. Get your calcium levels checked and your PTH and vitamin D. Hyperparathyroid can cause all these issues. I just found out that is the cause of mine. Look on the website for Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, FL.
  • Posted

I know maybe I'm late but I'm experiencing the same symtoms since 1 week... My doctor gave me a medicament that hurt my stomach and since then I had these feelings specially the lightened head... These feelings make me go crazy and have an extreme anxiety... I'm releived that I'm not alone and hopefully these feelings will go away super soon!

• Posted

Yes i have most of what you mention there lightheadedness/ dizziness and ringing ears neck pain headache back pain joints pain and more u are not the only ones
  • Posted

I started getting a nasty little feeling in my throat in 2012

Just a feeling of some thing in my throat that made me start clearing my throat

This has been going six years now but this year it got worse

I started getting dizzy, having chest pains, burning in entire body

I went to the ER thinking that I was having a Heart Attack

Hospital kept me for 24 Hours and assured me that I am ok but that I do have GERD

Terrible to feel this way like I am dying 24/7

I turn 48 on 01/18/2017

I am a former Athlete

I do NOT know what to do 😞

• Posted

Used to be beautiful. I feel so disgusting. I started feeling pain all over, especially just under my breastbone. I felt like I had food stuck underneath it, I always do. I feel it burning. I stopped throwing up, I can't seem to get anything out. I get a taste in my mouth that's like copper. Like when you have an MRI with contrast. I've been on Omeperezole for a looong time, about ten years, and I counter it with disolving Odansetron for nausea. I am bi polar, and I can't help that but you can bet that these doctors have a field day with me, and that's ALWAYS their answer. The last time I was in the hospital I actually heard one of their conversations about how nothing was wrong with me. 

• Posted

I posted earlier today. I resisted putting this up but decided to come back. I started Cannabis treatment for a few months. It relieved my symptoms significantly. Or if I had them, I really didn't know. lol.

I had to stop it because this is something that health insurance does not cover. It was pretty expensive.

There are a lot of reasons in which you can obtain it. I was finally diagnosed with gastroparesis, though mine just seems to come and go, I never get better feeling though. But whenever I was vaping, not going crazy, just a nice steady prickly skin feel, I was at peace with whatever this stomach demon was and is. Whatever this is, they don't know a name for it since we all still have it.  

• Posted

This must be so common! I have recently started travelling Australia and I still have symptoms of esophagitis, been to the A&E department has chest xrays, bloods, ECG all taken and all clear but it constantly feels like I’m having a heart attack! Only getting the chest pains in the left side of my chest too... this then triggers serious anxiety and my heart races along with dizziness and a nauseous feeling. Trying to cut out caffeine, chocolate etc but I miss them! Does anyone have any recommendations that can help? I’ve been on pantoprazole for over a month now and the pain in my chest doesn’t seem to subside.

Thanks

• Posted

Drink tender Coconut water on empty stomach, eat stone apple twice a day and drink bottle gourd juice once a day.tried and tested relief .i have all these symptoms and now 70% recovered without medicine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.