Double Z Plasty with VY advancement

Posted , 21 users are following.

Anyone had one of these?   Its an alternative to a fentons procedure and is designed to sort out that bit of skin at the entrance to the vagina which keeps splitting.

I am going in on Friday to have it done.....   i have had to wait since I saw the surgeon in October, but although i am nervous, I am hopeful.

I already cannot have sex, how much worse could it get?

will let you all know how it goes.....

xx G

1 like, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am not familiar with this treatment, however I am having the Mona Lisa treatment from my Gyno. I started it about two and a half months ago. The typical treatment is three different sessions six weeks apart for LS paitents. I am 63 and have had LS since I was 28 years old. Over the years I used testoserone cream made as a clear jely type which helped (I guess??) and in the last 10 or so years, I was told to stop using it because they found out that it really wasn't doing anything to help with LS. I researched the Mona Lisa lazer treatment for older women and I have had two of them. I just came back from a wonderful vacation with my husband of 24 1/2 years and for the first time, I wasn't able to have him go inside of me becuase of the sever pain. I am crushed! I have always had some sort of pain with intercourse but this was like raw skin and it bled and burned. I am still carefully wiping that area because it's still sensitive. I am going to call my gyno to ask why?? I was hoping that the second treatment would make it a little better. For LS people that have it bad (and I do) they are offering to give me a total of 6 treatments (six weeks apart and my next one is May 12th) for the cost of 3 which they do normally. 

I am desperate to have a sexual life with my understanding husband but my vaginal area tears (due to LS) and now it's extremely painful inside the vaginal area. If this was something that men had to deal with, there would be an INSTANT cure!! I wish someone would take it upon themselves and help all of us LS patients. There are a lot more of us then the medical industry knows!! 

• Posted

As far as i understand it, the  lazer treatment helps rejuvenate tissue, making it plumper, more like tissue which hasnt been depleted of elastin and estrogen.      It doesnt help cure or hold back the LS,

Ls causes splits and shrinkage to the outside skin which loses its stretch due to scarring.      The op i had has removed scarring and reshaped the skin which was tearing instead of stretching.   I havent been able to have sex for at least 3 years, but have waited till i found something to stop the splitting and scarring as i couldnt see the point of having the op done whilst i was in a mess.    The cure for me has been borax.

• Posted

Congratulations Nelsmydog! I hope and pray this will work for you. I am going through the Mona Lisa Treatments currently and I will post to let everyone know my progress. LS is a condition with no cure, only treatment. 

• Posted

Hello,

I am having the double z tomorrow along with a laparoscopy and a Novasure ablation.

After having my insanely awesome 10lb 8 son Beau six years ago, followed by by a Fentons procedure and posterior repair that helped slightly for a short while..I gave up on sex.. my confidence and lust for all things I love Pilates swimming everything stopped.If it wasn't for my painful heavy periods and the planned ablation i wouldn't have known about this new form of surgery...i am hopeful and curious of the outcome of your op?

How's your vagina m'dear?

• Posted

Hello,

I am scheduled to have my 3rd Mona Lisa treatment this Thursday, May 12th. I will let you know how that goes. Each treatment that I have, the pain for the treatment doesn't last as long as the previous one. I do however; still need numbing cream applied before the treatment starts. I am scheduled to have a total of 6 treatments with six weeks waiting inbetween each one. I went on vacation a few weeks ago and was hoping to have a nice evening with my husband, but that wasn't meant to be. The pain was so unbearable! I started to bleed and I do not have periods any longer. I will keep you all informed as to the progress of my treatment. 

Thank you for asking. I hope all works out for you as well. You are in my prayers as is all my LS sisters. 

Sincerely,

debra0822

• Posted

Its 4 weeks since i had the op.  Still have some stitches and sore bits but definitely getting better.    It all looks fine, but i think another couple of weeks to properly heal.       Have been fairly itchy around the cuts but past couple of days haave used estogen cream on them and a big, faast improvement.

good luck for tomorrow.    Are you off to Plymouth?

xx

• Posted

When i knew the date of the op, i booked myself onto a yoga retreat week in Spain, for four weeks after.   I am currently in spain   On the retreat.   I've been fine doing most of the moves ( its like pilates) and have been bouncing around on a trampoline this afternoon..     

I'm pretty rested and will be fine to go back to work next Monday...  I do gardening so its a physical job.   What i'm really looking forawrd to in getting back on my drum kit.   I did try last week, but sitting heavily  whilst using my feet was a bit much.....

if you can, find yourself a relaxing break in about 4 weeks time, it will set you up perfectly.

not contemplating sex yet, will give that a few more weeks...   

Xx

• Posted

Hi  everyone.    Its now just over six weeks since i had the op.   I've been away for a weeks relaxing beak. ( definitely reccomended) and have been back at work for a week now.       

The scars have healed and it all feels fine.   Not attempted sex yet because husband is away at work for another few weeks, but i have no worries.   

After a week and a half i started again with the borax because i  need to avoid an Ls flare.

The  itching along the scar line freaked me out and drove me mad.       The stitches were really scratchy too and they didn't dissapear until  middle of week 5.    The itching was so manic i resorted to vagisil a couple of nights.     Was always along the same scar line, so i knew it was healing.

My new reshape looks good,   Brilliant to have no sore splits.

Am now inspired to lose the 4 stone i have lumped on, and am going to pick a new bike out for my  birthday  this week.

Am supposed to go for a final check ip on june 10th, but will be away on holiday then. The  surgeon, said she wouldnT be offended if i didn't turn up for a finsl appointment  as its a 250 mile return trip, and if i was happy there was no need to go.

I'm very pleased, wish i had had this done years ago.

Anyone suffering  and considering this op, i would say go for it.    10/10 from me!

xx

• Posted

Hi there - writing from the US...I JUST found this page while searching for Fenton's procedure.  I am SO happy to have found your recommendation of The Plymouth Procedure, as I desperately need it.  One year ago, I had a procedure done called a "Reverse Transverse Perineoplsty" to try to correct this VERY same issue, and it failed. I do not have LS, however, I have that flap of tissue that when having sex gets very uncomfortable.  I am at a loss now though, in hearing that this Doctor has since retired.  I have contacted him through email yesterday, although have heard nothing back.  I am tirelessly trying to find anyone in the US who can perform this, but google keeps coming back to Dr. Frappell.  I have sent my surgeon the video link through email asking if she is familiar with this procedure, or can perform it based on watching the video.  I have not heard back form her yet either, although I don't hold out much hope for that.   Can you tell me, did it fix the issue when you are intimate? I DON'T want to go through another failed procedure.  Thanks in advance, and looking forward to hearing your response, or any guidance you could provide regarding this Dr.

• Posted

What is the borax for? I have LS does it help?
  • Posted

Hello, I am having this operation on Wednesday, dreading it. Looks like it’s been a success for you though. Any hints and tips? Thanks 
    • Posted

Are you having a classic fenton's procedure, or this double Z Y pasty with advancement?  if the latter, who is doing this for you?  I got my previous Dr. to view video, and she is going to perform it on me on  Dec. 11th here in the US.

• Posted

I am having the double z plasty here in Plymouth where it was designed, on Wednesday!!!
    • Posted

Oh lucky you!  I did hear back from Dr. Frappell (he said my Dr. could contact him if she needed to)..She thinks based on the video that it looks pretty straight forward.  She is a OB/GYN who now has her business focused on vaginal cosmetic surgeries. She is VERY good.  Please Please let me know how you do and what you think of it and what the recovery might be like.  I wish you the best of luck!
    • Posted

Dr Frappell has retired now so he won’t be doing my operation. I am very anxious but reading threads on here it sounds to be successful so fingers crossed. I will update you once it’s done. Thank you 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.