Double Z Plasty with VY advancement

Posted , 21 users are following.

Anyone had one of these?   Its an alternative to a fentons procedure and is designed to sort out that bit of skin at the entrance to the vagina which keeps splitting.

I am going in on Friday to have it done.....   i have had to wait since I saw the surgeon in October, but although i am nervous, I am hopeful.

I already cannot have sex, how much worse could it get?

will let you all know how it goes.....

xx G

1 like, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My surgery took place yesterday, I am a little sore today but feeling positive, plenty of rest is on the cards!
    • Posted

Glad to hear you are doing well.  Keep the updates coming!
    • Posted

Top tip for after the procedure, ensure plenty of fibre and water, i had to return to hospital yesterday as couldn’t go to the toilet. Keep well hydrated and lots of paracetamol. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the tip, I remember that from my failed reverse transverse perineoplasty in Oct. 2016 (to try to fix this problem)...This time I will use a product called smooth move tea, also I don't take any pain medication after, so I know that won't be contributing to the problem.  If you ever get like that again, no need to go to hospital, you should try to find at the pharmacy a drink called magnesium citrate. (no prescription required for that in the US) You drink 8 ounces of that, and you will be going nonstop after 8 hours of consuming it, and it's around $2 USD.

I see your below post about the pain, is it still bad?

• Posted

Thanks. I think it’s just starting to heal and it can be itchy, still uncomfortable to sit down on,just hoping it’s not infection
    • Posted

Hopefully the second week will get better.  Keep an eye on it, and note if you feel like you are getting a fever, then you will have a better idea if it is an infection.  I will think good thoughts for you.
    • Posted

Thanks so much, yes I don’t feel like I have a fever at the moment so thinking positive and hoping that the pain is normal, all documents about this procedure says 4 weeks or more to heal 100%
    • Posted

Interested to know how you are feeling now and healing suggestions.  I am due to have this procedure in 4weeks??

Hope all well with you now and itch not too bad??

• Posted

Hi, well it’s just under 3 weeks since my procedure and I’m only just starting to feel better, an infection hasn’t helped for which I’ve been on antibiotics since Thursday and they have helped. Top tips for this procedure is to keep well hydrated and get constipated and just take things easy, I tried to rush my healing and ended up going back to work then sick again. Are you having It done here in Plymouth?
  • Posted

Seriously should this still hurt as much after a week!?
  • Posted

I would say the worse pain is at the v y area, very stingy 
    • Posted

Hi Mum of Button,    Sorry I haven't replied before,  I lost the forum for a while so joined up with the facebook forum.....   i just came back to this one as I found it on my old computer......

Was your op done by Dr Ely Medd?    (She has fair hair).....      Hopefully you are feeling much better now?    it took me about 5 weeks before all the stitches were gone.....   I still bathe in borax and moisturise with Emu oil and so long as I stick to this routine, the LS doesn't present much of a problem.     If it does, because I have been slack with the borax, I find that estrogen cream really helps...     I recently asked my doc for estrogen patches, have been on them a few weeks now.  not had any bad itching or tears recently, although everything still fused.    Have given up looking for signs of change, it all feels fine.      xx       

• Posted

Hello, yes Ellie did my op, I’ve had a bit of a rough time with it to be honest, got an infection and the wound opened so had to go back to derriford last week and again this week also had water infection, am feeling fine at present though so hoping it’s started to heal.  I am going back to see Ellie on 12th December for 6 week check. Have you managed to have pain free sex? I’m worried I’ll never work properly again after all this sad thank you for your reply. Also, what is borax? I don’t have LS.
    • Posted

Yes, pain free sex now, with no need for dilators......  you do sound like you have had a rough time of it.....     B. borax is a mineral, there is a massive long thread on here anout it, but if you donT have LS then you probably donT need it....

Hang on in there, if its getting better you will probably be ok by Christmas......        keep constipation at bay by drinking plenty and using psilium husk capsues......   i get mine from Holland and barret.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.