Endo and my positive pregnancy story.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I wanted to share my story to give others some hope.

I was on the pill since I was 17, now 37. I always had 7-8 days of spotting before my period, bad cramps and pain in my pelvic area when I passed stools. I always thought this was normal.

When my partner and I decided to start trying for a baby was when all hell broke loose. I went off the pill and thought righto, baby make time, sould be easy enough right?! NOPE, I was very very wrong.

The longer I was off the pill the worse things got. I kept getting longer and longer cycles, 40 days by then end. I had spotting 17 days of that time, accompanied with bad cramps. Constant urination and a pain in the left kidney area that I couldn't get rid of no matter what pain killer I took!

My gyno kept telling me to keep trying and my body was just adjusting from being off the pill. After trying to have a baby for a while and things got worse with my period, I demanded to have an endoscopy. I knew something wasn't right.

And yes, they found I was riddled with endo, so much so that my ovaries were stuck to my lining and they couldn't get to some without major surgery on my bowl.

So in the words of the gyno, they did a big cleanout and put me on a hormone implant to put me through so called "menopause" for 6 months to try and reduce the endo they couldn't get to.

Now, my journey after surgery was not easy. I had complications from first surgery and was rushed in for a second procedure 1 day later. Ended up in hospital for a week. Developed extreme anxiety, so much so that I was vomitting 24/7, lost 15kilos (I was thin to start with), insomnia etc etc for 6 months. I had the help of a great GP and Phychologist and got me back on track.

My partner and I decided to stop trying until I felt better. As we thought we may have to go down the IVF route, we stopped focusing on getting pregnant, we both relaxed and the bedroom became fun again instead of it being a chore!

Well, who would have thought, Im PREGNANT! Still early but at least I know I can. Don't get me wrong, Im scared, anxiety has hit an all time high but I know I will feel better and hope in 9 months that I will be holding a beautiful, healthy child. ??

Anyone else had a good story?

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Congratulations, and good example of being your own best advocate, when only you knew something more was going on.  
    • Posted

I do always question why me? And it's true "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

I just really hope this is the last of it all. Your right I need to put baby making on hold for now. I just get so worried the endo will come back. I'm physically not ready though I need to put my health and recovery first.

Did you just recently start getting anxiety after what you have been through? Or has it just gotten worse ? Can you take any medication for it? I feel like I might have mild anxiety because when I stress my chest goes really red and look sort of like a bad rash but it's not itchy? When I calm down though it sort of eases then goes away.

Have you seen the doctor ? That must be so frustrating to go through that. Does the anxiety just come out of nowhere or does something trigger it?

I'm also starting to feel like I will never fall pregnant

• Posted

It all started 8 months after the surgeries. I was so traumatised it set off anxiety. I went through none stop anxiety attacks for 6 months until the GP diagnosed me with GAD.

So with everything I was dealing with, anxiety made it 10x worse.

On medication now and worries me about being on it during my pregnancy but it will be worse off for me if I got off them.

How are you feeling today?

• Posted

Hi Lind,

How have you been? Sorry long reply. The bleeding has stopped now and it's just sort of brown now coming out. I just did an ultra sound both internal and out and I'm so nervous for the results. I pick them up in 3 hours. Have you ever had one? When she went in she was pressing down on my abdonam is that normal ??

• Posted

Hey sweety. Im doing ok. Trying to battle the sickness. Yeah, its normal to press down on the tummy. Did they give you any indication that it looked ok? Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.

Just finished work. Do you have your results back?

• Posted

Hey Lind,

I just got results back and everything is good thank God!! So I probably wasn't bleeding from my uterus it was def from the cervix. I reckon I bled because I had sex 2 weeks after and I wasn't healed and I done yoga and went for walks when I'm not meant to. Anyway I pray that my amh results come back good (egg amount).

Are you feeling ok?

• Posted

Thank god!!! Was thinking of you. That is really good news and I suspected it could have been from having sex. Tell your man that you're 'out of order' for a little while and will make it up to him when you're 100% better 😉

I have a feeling you will get pregnant in the next 12 months!

To be honest, Im in struggle town. The anxiety is feeding off the nausea and then vice versa. Its so frustrating and tiring. You don't know if its all in your head or your actually sick from the pregnancy. I have to be really careful as to which way I go because I could convince myself its morning sickness and think it acceptable but its really anxiety and it could get caught in the loop I can't get out of.

• Posted

Haha I told him and he was like :O but he understood his like whenever your comfortable don't rush anything. We even told each other to put baby making on the side for now. I really hope I do I just feel I am losing a lot of hope lately. I hope my ovaries are working well after being repaired and that I'm ovulating and everything is good for baby making. I can't take the stress anymore of being tested and waiting for results.

I don't know how it feels to go through anxiety like that but I know someone who does go through it. She says it just hits her at anytime and she breaks down starts shaking can't eat and her whole face and chest go red and her body just heats up. Is it when you think it triggers it? I know your probably confused because you don't know if it's the pregnancy sickness or the actual anxiety. But let me tell you the hard part is all over for you. Enjoy this moment and try not too think about the hard struggles you went through. I know it's easier said then done. I can't wait to fall pregnant and just feel relieved that I've done it! I hope what I am going through is all worth it in the end.

• Posted

He sounds like a good man and a keeper 😊 Its going to be hard but I know Im alot stronger than I think I am and I will get through it. If I can beat anxiety, I can raise a child no problem haha. Ill keep you updated so you know what your in for 😆

• Posted

He is! He has been by my side this whole time even though I can become a big stress head and a nervous wreck ! Lol yes please do
    • Posted

Did you find out about your egg count sweety? Update with me, sick all day every day, feel like I haven't slept for days even though I get 11 hrs of sleep at night, cant stop eating but constantly feel hungry, bad headaches and feel a little light headed. Get cramping which is the only thing that doesn't bother me. All in all, sucks to be pregnant but still happy that I am 😊

• Posted

Hey Lind,

It will all be worth it once your holding little Bub in your hands smile

Not yet Hun just waiting I think end of this week or beginning of next week. I hate just waiting for results keeps me anxious

• Posted

Yeah, waiting sucks. I decided to wait till Im 8 weeks to do my first scan. I dont want to do it any earlier in case there is no heart beat yet which will freak me out heaps.
    • Posted

Hi Lind!!

It's been a while since we last spoke. How have you been? How is the pregnancy going. I hope everything is going well.

I've been meaning to reply but have been so busy lately it's crazy.

• Posted

Hey hun :-)

Im doing a lot better. Seems that the pregnancy symptoms have gotten better (except the sore breasts, they are painful) and have the odd sickness here and there but only after I eat something that isn't fruit, salads, vegies or steak lol. I go for my 9 week scan tomorrow so I'm a little nervous for some reason? Hoping the little fella is developing ok and on track.

How are you feeling? Xo

• Posted

I'm so glad to hear. Let me know how the scan goes. Don't be nervous you'll be fine.

I'm doing better aswell my fertility doctor said my blood work looks all good. My ultra sound was good too thank God. My periods are back to normal. I used the clear blue ovulation kit and I ovulated yesterday which was day 14 smile I'm praying everyday that this month is it. I'm over being picked and poked at. But I don't think it is because I'm dry now right after ovulation. Aren't I meant to get more cervical mucus if the sperm did meet the egg ? Or Too early lol

• Posted

Thats amazing news. YAY!

Na, I never had any increased cervical mucas. The only thing I noticed differently was my right ovary was sore for a week instead of 2 days. It might have been a coincidence and my egg was finding it hard to get out of the gates or it was implantation. I had the cramps and spotting leading up to my period for 3 days then it just stopped. Everything was leading towards me getting my period and then it dissapeared on the day it should have got heavy. That was when I took a pregnancy test because I thought it was really strange.

My gyno said its common for women to not experience extra mucas during or before ovalation, I never did. :-)

• Posted

So you never suspected it like right after ovulation ? Okay cool coz I had increased cervical mucus on my 13th and 14th day during ovulation and today it's my 15th day and nothing. We will see how we go. I did have minor ovulation pain as well I'm really hoping because if I don't this month in doing another internal ultra sound after my next period which is a special one that they check if my tubes are free and stuff I dno

• Posted

Hey Lind,

I'm feeling good smile I got my egg count results yesterday and everything is GOOD !!! Thank God I have a normal count for my age. Also just done an internal ultra sound today and my ovaries are free and my womb uterus all good. She saw I have follicles in both ovaries ready to ovulate soon smile smile yay. How are you?? How did the ultrasound go?

• Posted

Yay!!! Thats good news 😄 The scan at 9 weeks went well. I have my 12 week scan on Friday, a little nervous about that one. Thats when they give me my down syndrome results and hoping bub is doing well.

My 1st trimester symptoms mostly subsided around 10.5 weeks but had a little anxiety setback yesterday. Still not free of that dreadful illness! But today Im doing a bit better.

• Posted

Yay! I know I'm so happy that I'm finally getting some good results I just hope I get some good news soon too!

Aw that's really good do you know what your having?

Don't stress too much everything will be fine smile

• Posted

It all went well 😁 Got to see it wave at us, was so cool! So weird seeing the little thing moving around, but really awesome.

We think its a boy but we wont find out until 20 weeks.

Get results back for chromosomes on Wednesday but they said at the ultrasounds that everything looks good. Fingers crossed! Xo Will wait till after Wednesday before we tell peeps.

• Posted

YAYYY! I'm so happy to hear that. Why do you think it's a boy?

That's so cute the baby waved to you. Now you need to just enjoy this pregnancy and stop worrying or getting nervous. Everything is fine smile

So glad to hear that.

• Posted

We think we saw its willy lol. We counted 2 legs, 2 arms then there was the little tik tak haha! But who knows!
    • Posted

Hahaha how cute!! Lol no matter what gender as long as the baby is healthy smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.