Facial tingling with sinusitis

Posted , 53 users are following.

Hi... was wondering if anyone else has experienced this... I have sinusitis but no mucus but have facial pain with tingling around my nose cheek and pain above my brow.. I thought it might be my teeth.. but my dentist took an xray and it wasn't... but she could see sinus congestion on the xray! I've had this on and off for about 10years and have been referred to both max fax and ent... who have both discharged me.... the pain gets worse when I'm stressed or anxious which makes me think it's pycholological.... but the pain definately feels real.... I've been prescribed amoxicillin and been told to increase my amitriptyline to 50mg.... I'm at the end of my tether as is my husband.... has anyone else has tingling pain with sinusitis???? Many thanks

5 likes, 115 replies

115 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had sinus surgery 4 months ago.  They found fungus, surgery was to open everything up and remove inflamed tussue.  Now after 4 motnhs keep getting cultured and growing out all sorts of things.  Can't wear makeup anymore, eyelids are so swollen, ears so clogged and ringing.  I believe it was caused by mold exposure, I just don't think I can live like this.  i've lost so much weight, have stomach issues, headaches, everything just feel awful...

• Posted

I had sinus surgery 4 months ago.  They found fungus, surgery was to open everything up and remove inflamed tussue.  Now after 4 motnhs keep getting cultured and growing out all sorts of things.  Can't wear makeup anymore, eyelids are so swollen, ears so clogged and ringing.  I believe it was caused by mold exposure, I just don't think I can live like this.  i've lost so much weight, have stomach issues, headaches, everything just feel awful...Margaret, what type of autoimmune disease?

• Posted

Sorry Kim I didn't see your question before. There is almost no point in telling you what I have because the overlap symptoms are the same for so many. But I will pm you something. My journey began with these dreadful sinus problems but like you I had gi issues migraines ...all of the things you describe.

• Posted

Hi sue

My whole face burns up and if it's not doing that it tingles and sometimes my nose is cold?? No runny nose completely dry

I have chronic sinusitis and having surgery in Nov

My ears feel like it's thundering inside them and I have pain back of lower right hand side of head and neck aches

Sorry to go on but o sweat badly as well around neck and forehead but no high temp

It's bloody horrible isn't it?!

Oh and strangely my legs tingle too ???

So fatigued to the point if I do anything small I'm breathing heavily is that normal?

Drs don't really take these sym

• Posted

Hi Julie. Have you ever been tested for Lupus. Is there a rash at all on your face when you have these flares...like a flushing? Does your face flush red? Or your neck?
  • Posted

Hi, this sounds like what I have been happening for the last 3 years and it worsened after the flu last Feb. I had gone to the dentist and my regular Dr many times because of the pain and tingling. I made an appointment went an ENT and he looked up my nose with a scope and I have a septal spur. Google that and I did. Surgery to remove it in Dec.
    • Posted

Hi, Ive got that too but have been on the waiting list for over two years! The thing is I'm scared it won't work...

My headaches are constant, I get very bad teethache every few months if I get a cold, I'm on amitryptiline for nerve pain - not really significantly an improvement and I'm on codeine everyday just to get through the day.

Feel for you. Hope your surgery goes well.

• Posted

So glad I found this thread! Background on me: 33yr old female. Healthy as a horse till age 27. Out of nowhere I developed anxiety and had several horrible panic attacks. Was able to get that under control without meds. Then in 2014 I was diagnosed with IBS and GERD. I also started having allergy and sinus issues that same year after a lifetime of nothing but common colds. And of course the anxiety came back with avengeance.

Fast forward to today. The sinus issues are pretty much constant all year round but worse when it's really cold. I take zyrtec at night, use a neti pot several times a week, humidifier at night, over the counter meds. I get congestion and mucus but more often my sinuses just feel extremely dried out. Today at work I suddenly noticed my face felt tingly, kinda like that feeling when you've been out in the cold for a while then go inside and your skin slowly warms up. Only I'd been in an office for 3 hours. Of course my anxiety kicked in so I took my Xanax. Didn't make the tingling go away but made my brain stop fixating on it. Now home in bed and the tingling is back. I feel it in my temples, forehead, nose, cheeks, even lips.

Happy to know I'm not alone, or crazy :-) planning on finding a good ENT after the new year, hopefully get some answers and relief!

• Posted

did you got any solution to the issue or its still going on?

if so please share.

• Posted

I'm so glad I found this discussion because I am going crazy. I started with a mild sinus headache for 3 days above the eyes. The next day I had tooth pain on the left top side. The next day the left side of my face was numb and tingly on left side from nose across cheek, under eye. And the tooth pain was unbearable. I started taking amoxicillin thinking a trip to the dentist would definitely be necessary in a few days. The migraines were so bad but I could not miss work. I'm a hairdresser and this was before Christmas. It's been 5 weeks now. Still have pain , tingling and headaches every day. Had the tooth pulled,which I now regret. I think the pressure was on the necessary that made the tooth pain so bad. The neti pot helped some. But I am seriously tired of feeling like this and needing pain medication and ice pack on my head at night.

• Posted

Yes staci this ailment can definitely make u feel like you r going crazy

especially when u go to a doctor and they have no clue what u r going through. Friends and family may shake their head has if they understand but too have no idea. only if u r going through this can u understand. Frustrating is how I can describe this ailment. I have been suffering with this on and off for about 3-4 years. I have not as of yet found anything that has giving me relief consistently.

So ur pain is felt by many on this site

• Posted

Friends are suggesting I get penicillin or have an ENT do surgery. But, I am shocked to hear that many of you repeatedly suffer from this. I can't take time off of work for surgeries or keep taking different antibiotics if it doesn't help. I'm from Louisiana, and the area of the disaster flood. But my home did not flood , I was not exposed to mold. Although.... There was a large number of people that started with viral sinus infection 2 weeks before Christmas. I never had the sore throat,cough or congestion in chest or fever. Just severe pressure, migraines and the numbness.

• Posted

I am on my fourth ENT who has been very understanding. But no cures yet when I do go to c him he puts me on prednisone for the inflammation. My first ENT kept going right to surgery and he wanted to do a turbinate reduction. I have not heard good things about this particular surgerys success rate over the long haul even the ENT could not guarantee me success. So now I just try and get by hoping that one day it will correct itself some how
    • Posted

Just from my personal experience, avoid antibiotics and steroids. Use a Neti pot, or even get yourself a nasonebulizer. When I had sinus infection was on 5 rounds of antibiotics, nothing got rid of it besides steaming hot water and couple drops of eucalyptus oil then going for a jog. But then from over antibiotic and streroid use got something much worse, still don't know what it is, they did surgery made it awful. This was the first sinus infection I ever had and it ruined my life. Steer clear of drugs use essential oils, much more effective.

• Posted

Yes a hear u, antibiotics I have stayed clear of and the predisione is used only when the inflammation is so bad it messes with my hearing and my eyes feel like they r bulging out of my head. But I definitely limit my taken of predisiine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.