Falling sensation/dizziness/ dying feeling

Posted , 68 users are following.

Hello everyone. Every night before bed I feel like I'm rocking in a boat and very spacey. It prevents me from sleeping cos I will almost jolt myself up to prevent myself from "dying". I dunno what it could be. I'm so scared sad I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be diagnosed with something. I'm just so tired of feeling so anxious and out of control.

9 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have suffered from anxiety fo the past seven years, not helped by being diagnoswd with kidney cancer two years ago!  Bizarrely, when faced with that I was incredibly calm and stress free, now that i hace returned to 'normal' life my anxiety is back with a vengeance.  There is nothing clincially wrong with me but I am constantly tired, my heart thumps and occasionally races; I can hear it at night which stops me from sleeping.  I get fuzzy headed, dizzy and sometimes wonder if I am going to just STOP!  Of course these are all classic symptoms and I try to address them, so far without success.  The whole experience is hateful.  I feel like its a kind of addiction that I just cannot shake.  I'm pleased to read that I'm not the only one!
    • Posted

I can relate totally to what you say caractacus.  I've suffered from anxiety to varying degrees all my life, I'm 58.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beggining of 2002 at 46 and although I'd always been terrified of getting it I was really calm and went through the mastectomy feeling no more anxious than 'normal'.  Then for about 5 years I was a lot less anxious generally.  Now though I am a nervous wreck again.  I get all the same symptoms as you but I am beginning to think I will be like this now for the rest of my life.  A lot of my worries are real and will get sorted eventually but my feelings are out of proportion to what I am having to deal with.

Good to know we are not alone though even if it doesn't help the feelings.

• Posted

It's awful isn't it hannahhk2000.  The only thing that I can say is to hang in there - there must be light at the end of the tunnel!!
    • Posted

Do you have any cavities or had any such cavities? Teeth implant? Well, i had an inflamed nerve in my tooth. The filling brike then had lots of symptoms. Fatigue yes. Breathing issues first off. Constipation, slow bowel movement. Whit spots in eye. No appetite. Twitching. Even brain and heart. Maybe inflammed nerves? Nerves are all over the body. I got a toradal 50MM and it helped me. I went to ER and said i got hit in the head. Yes, i had some headaches and 2 huge migrains before that like 2 months back. This all happend this year. So yeah, i feel real better now. Like reall really. CT scans can't see if nerves/blood vessels are inflamed. Only if blood clots and such things are there.. Say you hit your head on the door at home and it still hurts after 3 days. Yes. Ask for pain and inflamation shot. Yes sir!
  • Posted

Hey yes I know this is old but I had some problems to I still do I was laying in bed about to pass out then felt this felling all over my body dont know what is was and it worred me alot so I started felling numb well kinnda numb like I dident fell this like I could fell them I get dizzy and sometimes i thank im dying I have alot of worring problems about my helth but I dont see why these fellings dont go away I fell dizzy for a week then it went away then it comes back uo but I just dont know if anxzity it the cause I wake uo in the moring felling the same and not nowing why because I know I dont worry in my sleep then why woiod I still fell this way im not sure if some one could help that woi ld be great 
    • Posted

I'm not a doctor but I suffer from health anxiety also.. All your symptoms are anxiety/panic disorder. I take a hot bath at  night in Epsom salt to relax and it helps me sleep. I also take ativan before bed which is for my anxiety, do the breathing,turn a fan on listen to calming music. Its not easy but you gotta change your way of thinking. xxx
    • Posted

Read my answer!! Maybe my story will help you. Key word "Toradal 40MM"
  • Posted

All you read my story: White flashes in my eyes, asleep feet. My nerve funtion with my heart  I had 2 palpitations.. Sounds like it ws killing off my nerves. My breathing attacks. My auto neves. Twitching in my body and even my brain. It bounced like a cheeseburger on jack in the box commercial. No jobke. N I think even my heart. No joke. I had my feet fall asleep and I think one time after the brain and heart twitching my heart stopped. In my dream I seen a white bright place.. Like Just shiny white.. So have others from testimony on news and just reality. The next day I was like "What was my night about?" lol..  Anxiety almost suffocated me because I got about 2 breathing attacks.  N Few in the middle of the night. Anxiety does kill.. So anyway, after Doctors called it "anxiety" and I always disagreed. I beleived that my nerves were inflamed. Fatigue, loss of huneger, some constimpation, twitching, breathing attacks, (in day, middle of night, and lastly before I try and sleep It was just a shocker.)  One night of hallucination. 2 fat migrains. All udner 5 months. Really somethings was wrong with my nerves. I beleived it. & since I knew one nerve was already inflamed, due to sensation to my tooth, and having it taken out, I beleive it was there long enough for my other nerves to have something funny go on with them. Demand of MRI I always asked. CT scans I got. 2 times. My nerves were ok. The second time I stated I got hit in the head with a baseball bat. Was fatigued and had a cold all week. No good stool movement either. They gave me a shot, I refused and they said it was routine. I refused 3 times. I told them my head only hurts in the day these last 2 weeks. & I know it will hurt tomorrow. But right now its not hurting. I finally let them give me a shot after so many offers. It was Toradol shot about 40 MM They did another CT scan. They said it was ok. The next day at work I was on break and had a huge burp! Something I haven't done in such a long time. I was feeling good. I beleive it was a sign of myself getting back to normal. :D That night I looked up the shot cuz I felt good and they said yes for pain and I also found out it was for INFLAMED BLOOD VESSELS IN THE HEAD. I was shocked and stunned! I knew my blood vessels were inflamed! Lately i just get minor head sores now. Oh yeah I had massive chest inflamation. It's down now too. But feels like it can be chronic pain. But i'm ok. It comes and goes.I asked a doctor on a checkup this month if a CT scan is better than MRI for blood vessles. She said they are kind of the same. Although CT scan only is tryhing to see any clots or some sort. & i asked since they are so small, maybe couldn't see the inflammation. I said wherever my blood vessels were inflammed, they are not anymore! & THAT'S MY STORY! 2014 Sure I've had so much stress who does not? Not too a point where I take it out on someone and pull my hair out. Even though I'm bald lol. I had to live in a studio with my family at age 14 to age 18.. That's a lot of years of stress, right?? I'm in my late 20's now.. anxiety is said when doctors think it's mental and all. Junk answers. When you know there's something wrong with yourself, then there's something wrong. U know yourself better than anyone else! Besides God. But, this stress build up belief "Well for me, has been debunked." Some of you might have inflammed blood vessels or nerves and won't know. If you have these symptoms, take some antiinflamation meds or get Toradal shot at the ER and just say you fell off your bike and hit your head, no helmet, and your head still hurts from other day. The shot is a little shot, pain is pain. But the med will only go in your system and fight any inflamation and out once done cycling through body.  It's up to you. N it won't make you dissy or anything lol If yiou have coverage or medical, then great! Take Care & God Bless People! Oh yeah, I had sciatica symptoms as well. That sucked cuz it was pain center of my right glut.. and of course thigh and lower leg and back.  lol 2 day of symptom. Wasn't that bad though.
  • Posted

hello! So sorry to hear you are dealing with this atm, how are you now? i hope you're okay.

i never felt this one before, but i believe Anxiety affects people in different ways.

• Posted

I have had this for years. Just as I'm about to fall asleep I expierence a shock like feeling and a terrible indescribable sensation. For me it was after taking Accutane for my adult acne. Have you been taking any new medications for something?
  • Posted

Hi,

I have in the last few days been diagnosed with anxiety and for me that was the first step that made me feel at ease a little. I have the following symptoms:

- light headed / dizzy

- chest pains

- hard to cincentrate

- not sleeping well

- loss of apetite

a lot of these are directly related to anxiety, pressure that you put your mind under subconsciously, and, it's the hormones your body releases in response to the imminent threat it feels it's under (adrenaline etc). I think you will find it easier to manage once you have seen your doctor as it will eliminate things you think might be wrong straight away. The hardest part is trying to accost reason, as it's easy for you to think your having a heart attack or that there is something severely wrong with you, which is why your body goes into 'fight or flight' mode. If you do neither, as there is no real threat, then the adrenaline goes round your body preparing your muscles and heart for action, but nothing happens. This is why you can get the above feelings plus more if it is anxiety that you feel.

this is something that I am going through now and even discussing  with other people is really helpful.

hope you are okay and find a way to positively respond to your body and negative thoughts if they come up.

Simon :-)

• Posted

There are a high number of folks on here who are very fearful of death. I have experienced many traumatic events, such that I could right a book. However, if I died now my  wife would be left with considerable financial problems. Because of all the gready, bonus grabbing A holes we have all endured, especially recently, all our carefully planned investments and large insurances are gone. If she died first I would survive better financially, but what I am saying here is... neither of us think about or fear death. A great much of what is spoken of and at great length here about anxieties over death are actually a damned sight worse than any deaths that I have personally witnessed. Most deaths I have witnessed have been wonderfully peaceful and easy. People on here describe, well, some or other Grounhog Day repetition of something that gains nothing. Just try to look forward to a distant, well earned and peaceful death and do please try to get on with living life to the full. Life, mostly, only comes once and is a miracle to be exploited and enjoyed to the full. Best, Tony
  • Posted

I've read everybody's comments on this board and altho most are over a year old I am hoping you will see my comment. I am almost certain what everybody here is experiencing is a condition called sleep paralysis. There are two different types and everybody's experiences are similar in that, you can't move or speak but you KNOW you are awake, your breathing becomes labored or it feels like you're not breathing at all, like you have to gasp for a breath, your heart gets a surge of adrenaline which either makes you feel like you're falling or your heart is dropping like when you go down a hill on a rollercoaster, and this causes your heart to (((POUND))) you might feel very lethargic, like you've been drugged, and like something is on top of you trying to push you down and make you go to sleep but you resist against it and it saps all your energy and you become terrified during these episodes because you feel like if you allow it and go with it, it will take you into something dangerous like you might die. Wierd noises are common, they are called phantom noises because they aren't really there but you are hearing them inside your head. Read my lengthy response to Jim's comment, near the top of this thread. I think it's like the 7th or 8th comment down from the OP's. Hope this helps. I realize it doesn't make it any better but you can at least identify with what it is and actually put a name to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.