Feeling generally unwell, 8 weeks post sacrospinous hysteropexy, swollen front passage,back pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys have been feeling sore and unwell last couple of days and not getting much better wondering if I maybe have an infection. My front passage is so swollen now that front and back walls are touching. I have a light bloody discharge when I wipe after the bathroom and I also have a pain in my lower left side of my back round about the wee dent above my butt cheek and also like a stitch on my left waist area near the front (not the side of the fixation) . I've also noticed I'm occasionally leaking a bit of urine now which hasn't happened in the past 7 weeks and I'm also up needing to wee during the night again 3-4 times something I've not had to do since the op but there's no burning or pain when urinating. Anyone else had this?

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I just called the doctor for the urine test results and they have came back clear !!!! Don't know what to do now. Receptionist says I can make another appointment to see the doctor also not sure if I should continue taking the Cypro antibiotics or if I should contact my surgeons secretary as I'm still loosing a little blood every time I wee when I wipe and can see it in the toilet bowl

• Posted

I think you're supposed to keep taking a b's until they're finished unless your doc tells you otherwise. They keep on working and should clear all the infection from your system then. If you can't get an appointment, ask for the doc to call you back so you can get this info from the horses mouth so to speak. Pollyanna UK rolleyes

• Posted

liz I was wondering what antibiotics you had been prescribed because there are some specifically for urine infections but little else then there are the broad spectrum antibiotics. I'm only asking because it's possible that it's the swelling that's infected and you may need a different antibiotic. 

• Posted

Thanks Pollyanna I should've asked more I was just caught by surprise with doctor saying my urine was clear and felt rushed off the phone. I'll see how things are on Monday and maybe contact surgeons secretary for advice

• Posted

Hi Matron I was hoping you would reply thank you very much. I have been given Ciprofloxacin which I'm a wee bit concerned with as the side effects can be muscle/tendon damage and I've just had sacrospinous hysteropexy but if it is what's best fair enough. I have had mile pain in the right cheek today but it's not too painful at the moment. It's the constant spotting/slight dripping of blood when I go to the bathroom that's concerning me as I've had it for several days nearly but the hospital literature I got says I only need to contact them if new heavy bleeding occurs. I did get constipated one day last week and bled a lot from my front and back passage but the laxido sorted it out again next day. I had stopped taking it for two days (first time since op 8 weeks ago)as had a bout of diarohea again with it that seems to happen about once a week which

• Posted

Hi liz. Yes that antibiotic has given some patients concerns, I've read it on other forums which I no longer post on. I know you'll need to speak to your GP but I think he'll tell you that you don't need the antibiotics now. However your other issues need sorting out. If you are dripping blood when you are in the bathroom then it's not "spotting" because there has to be more there for it to "drip". It's difficult to explain but what I'm trying to say is I think you are bleeding a bit heavier (please don't be alarmed) so I think if it's the same tomorrow speak to your GP or someone at the hospital. It could be that you have an infection and need a different antibiotic to Ciprofloxacin. 

• Posted

Hi Matron

The dripping only happens when I actually pass urine though I see it in the bowl because it's white and when I wipe after I've passed urine there's blood on the tissue but only the amount of say the start or end of a nosebleed but if I put a pad on these barely anything there after a few hours between toilet visits

• Posted

The blood isn't in your urine so it could be from a suture perhaps. What about the swelling, is it any better since you started the antibiotics?

• Posted

No the swelling is still bad especially inside my vagina in the front wall. The outside of my vagina is a bit red but not sore or itchy or pus like. I've only ever saw 3 knots in my underwear from stitches and that was at about 5-6 weeks stage

• Posted

Sometimes you just don't see the sutures when the come out, I didn't. The swelling inside your vagina must be really uncomfortable so if it doesn't clear up soon speak to your GP liz because he may prescribe a cream which may help.

• Posted

Thanks so much Matron I'm so glad you are here. I'm thinking I may give it to Monday and see if the swelling and blood stops . I start back work on Friday for the first time in 8 weeks and I don't want to miss it. I am working Friday and Saturday on a checkout so anything heavy I'll be asking the customer to push it through themselves or if I find it heavy I'll have a shot on the self scans or lottery or customer service desk. It's not my normal GP that's in the surgery this week it was a young doctor who I know is more than qualified but he didn't ask to look or anything

• Posted

I hope everything goes well at work liz. Try to walk around or get off your seat when you are on the checkout, it will ease the pressure on your "nether regions" a bit. I know phyl was careful when she went back on the checkout. Keep in touch with us all x

• Posted

I will do - hope I make it to work !!! And to think 2 weeks ago I was in Lourdes drinking from the holy water and bathing in the holy baths hopefully that's not what's caused this

• Posted

Hi Matron just to let you know a week down the line I'm feeling miles better. My periods have all but gone and the blood when I wipe seems to have disappeared. I also think the antibiotics have definately helped with whatever was wrong as I'm feeling a lot brighter and the swelling has gone down a lot. I did notice a large knotted suture in my underwear a couple of days ago so don't know if that was the problem. Work is hard going and tiring but it's great to be back amongst friends and be appreciated. Thanks again for your help

• Posted

Hello liz I was wondering how you were coping at work. Sometimes it's good to get back, it takes your mind off things and it's lovely to be able to see your colleagues again. I think you're probably right, that stitch was causing some of your problems. Remember to rest as much as possible when you get home and I'm genuinely pleased you're feeling better x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.