Feeling Low

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I was really contemplating on wether or not I was going to post because I know I sound like a broken record. But I am feeling so low today. This is one thing that I haven't really dealt with in the last couple of months. I don't want to believe that I'm depressed but maybe I am. I've been questioning so much since all this has started.

I was such a happy person and enjoying life and now all of a sudden I don't know what is going on. When all this madness started about 5 months ago. I didn't know which way to go. Now that some of those symtpoms are gone for now and I finally felt like I was getting back on the path to normalcy, I feel like I'm right back where I started. I have been crying for 3 days now and I don't know why. You would think that since I'm feeling a little better physically that I wouldn't feel so sad.

I tried to handle things on my own as much as I could but I don't think I can handle this anymore. I hate that I feel so sad. I am thinking of talking to a therapist and maybe they can help me sort some things out. I've never dealt with anxiety, depression or anything. My family tells me I'm so skinny, I don't look or act the same. I've been so consumed with trying to figure out what is wrong with me that I can admit that I have let a lot of things go. Docs won't help, they tested everything including my hormones and eveything is normal except me being anemic and I'm getting help for that. My cycles are still somewhat regular so they say no peri. I just don't know anything anymore and I'm so discouraged.

Sorry for the long all over the place post and I really hate to be a downer. Since I don't have a therapist yet, I just needed to get this off my chest.

0 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

jamie, it is all absolutely horrible - of course you're low - who wouldn't be? I've learned to cope with the debilitation and depression by reminding myself (some days over and over) that this isn't me, and I WILL be back, love to you, Laura-lee x

• Posted

Thank you Laua-Lee,

That's the only hope I hold onto. I know it will be done and I will be ME again. I hope relief finds you well soon. ~JAMIE~

• Posted

How much weight have you lost? Do you have an appetite? Have you had any strange feelings in your head, almost like a headache, but not quite? I feel for you, I am searching for answers to all of this as well! Please don't feel like you are the only one. So many people sharing the same symptoms and feelings. Docs just want to prescribe antidepressants and anxiety meds, but not sure if I want to go that route. Please try to take a 10-15 walk outside of your house, and put a little something in your mouth to eat. I know it's hard when food is unappetizing, but it is our fuel to get going. Chin up! Brighter days have got to be ahead!
    • Posted

Do you get the weird feelings in your head also? If so what is that?
    • Posted

I get the weird head feelings. And it sends me into a panic. I feel like I'm going to pass out or something. Sometimes it feels like someone is sitting something heavy on top my head, other times it feels like I am on a plane or underwater. It all just drives me crazy.
    • Posted

Yes it's like a weird pressure but not a headache and also feeling like I'm under water or on a plane taking off. I've lost a little over 20 lbs in 5 months. Some of it due to just having no appetite, then sometimes the gas and nausea makes it hard to eat, being an anxious worry wart makes me not eat, and I have cut out caffeine, and some sugars, as well as some meats because I don't seem to digest them as well as I could before. I do eat when I feel up to it. I do try to go outside so I don't feel so bad so detached from the world. But my anxiety makes it hard to do that sometimes. It's like I do everything in a rush so I can hurry and get back home. I can say that some symptoms have improved since taking iron and folic acid, like the tingling hands and feet, and the dizzies have settled. I have a little more energy because at one point all I wanted to do was sleep. I don't have anymore sore breasts or extremely bad headaches. I still get shaky and wobbly legs, off balance feeling, doom and gloom, cry babies, weird head, bad gas, indegestion, night sweats, insomnia, anxiety, occasional heart palps, internal tremors and buzzing, and itchy dry skin. It comes and goes but it's still there.
    • Posted

Great way to explain those symptoms Jamie, you are so right in how this feels. I could never explain it right.
    • Posted

It was hard at first. I could never explain what was happening because it was happening all at once, one thing after another. I didn't realize that I had symptoms for a long time but they were so subtle I didn't think anything of it. Thought it was all normal.
    • Posted

Yes! I've lost almost 30 pounds since January, but I also had gallbladder issues and had it removed. Trying to either just maintain my weight, or put a few pounds back on. Anything to just not lose anymore! I just got the tingling hands and feet like a week ago! What is that? So, the iron and folic acid help with that? Shaky and wobbly, check, off balance, check, doom and gloom, check, crying jags, check, weird head, check, indigestion, check, insomnia, yep, tremors and buzzing, check. I also have hot and cold spells, chest pressure and slight burning feeling there, and terrible fatigue sometimes! No wonder doctors think we are making it up, these are a lot of symptoms, and they can't keep up with it all. They just want to give us a pill to make it all go away! I'm going to my GP tomorrow for results of brain MRI and blood work. I did get results of my hormone testing today from gyno. She states I am menopausal! Hopefully that is all this is, so I can start dealing with these terrible symptoms. 
    • Posted

Well at least you know you are menopausal so you can start somewhere with getting relief. To no avail, my hormones test came back normal. So I felt just like a puppy chasing my tail in circles. I was really anemic and have been most of my life so that wasn't a surprise. I was told the tingling could come from that. Since I've been on my iron tablets the tingling has reduced significantly. It still gets tingly sometimes but no where near where it was at first. It has helped with my fatigue also. I was always exhausted. That has improved a lot. So I'm sure my low iron level had a lot to do with it. The rest of the crazy symptoms is beyond me. I just deal with it as it comes.
    • Posted

Thank you Jamie. Hoping your days get better. Keeping you in my thoughts! 
  • Posted

I remember waking up about to get my hair fixed for my wedding and all my sides or gone no hair I freaked out. Seeing a new doctor who has no clue tells me I need a endometr biopsy because I stop my cycle last two years three times a year but my old Doctor stop practicing this One tries to tell me I need to see a therapist .. Ma'am I think you need to do more research and see really wants going on . I get these weird feelings in my head.. I started my cycle this morning and I just been sitting here in the post office parking lot for an hour just thinking and praying and reading you ladies post. They tell me my progesterone is low .. So if that's the case let's fix it.. Omg i pray we all start feeling better soon..
    • Posted

It's awful isn't it. I used to be so full of life. I don't even like to drive far now or do anything. I'm 46 with 2 kids aged 16 and 13 and want to do things and get out of this rut .
    • Posted

I sat in my car for an hour yesterday in the PO lot reading posts and just thinking too! Just didn't want to move.

There has to be some answer out there besides antidepressants or birth control. In the beginning I believed my doctor and went into therapy. I was examining my past and all my regrets, and trying to figure out why I was feeling depressed and anx. Now I see the hormonal side was just glossed over with birth control when it should have been the main focus.

• Posted

I'm at that point Tracy, I just want to be fixed. My whole world was turned upside down in 5 months. I need to work but scared to because I don't want to be feeling crazy and anxious all day. It has to be some help or answers or something.
    • Posted

It's not fair is it ? It's the worst I've ever felt in my life. I worry that my husband will get fed up with me. At the moment I can't be who he married and it's frightening
    • Posted

My poor partner is a good sport. He is hanging in there but I don't know for how much longer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.