Feeling Low

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I was really contemplating on wether or not I was going to post because I know I sound like a broken record. But I am feeling so low today. This is one thing that I haven't really dealt with in the last couple of months. I don't want to believe that I'm depressed but maybe I am. I've been questioning so much since all this has started.

I was such a happy person and enjoying life and now all of a sudden I don't know what is going on. When all this madness started about 5 months ago. I didn't know which way to go. Now that some of those symtpoms are gone for now and I finally felt like I was getting back on the path to normalcy, I feel like I'm right back where I started. I have been crying for 3 days now and I don't know why. You would think that since I'm feeling a little better physically that I wouldn't feel so sad.

I tried to handle things on my own as much as I could but I don't think I can handle this anymore. I hate that I feel so sad. I am thinking of talking to a therapist and maybe they can help me sort some things out. I've never dealt with anxiety, depression or anything. My family tells me I'm so skinny, I don't look or act the same. I've been so consumed with trying to figure out what is wrong with me that I can admit that I have let a lot of things go. Docs won't help, they tested everything including my hormones and eveything is normal except me being anemic and I'm getting help for that. My cycles are still somewhat regular so they say no peri. I just don't know anything anymore and I'm so discouraged.

Sorry for the long all over the place post and I really hate to be a downer. Since I don't have a therapist yet, I just needed to get this off my chest.

0 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Jamie 

I can relate. I've been what I call 'weird' for the last couple of days. I started out yesterday having a good day, then it all went pear-shaped. I had such anxiety it was crippling. So either I'm depressed or anxious. 

The thing is for me, I don't what causes it, whether it is bipolar I suffer or the peri.

Like someone here said, go to a Doctor (I'm very bad at that maybe you are better at that than me, though!). Find one who will really listen. The feelings are real, the symptoms are real, wherever they are coming from. So, on that thought it's better not to suffer. 

I feel so alone and isolated. I am scared to make new friends as I feel I will somehow let them down. So, I choose to be on my own.

• Posted

Thats exactly like me. I was so outgoing and I have loads of friends but am always putting them off now. I stay home.
    • Posted

It's a shame we do that. I wish there was a real life group or something, at least there we could say 'I'm exhausted, I need to pee, go home, or whatever' and no one would judge us. 

I also moved countries so was going to make all new friends. I still haven't and it;s been 3 years. Oh well!

• Posted

I understand. I have been to docs and sadly tired of going only to come up with nothing. I guess docs won't belive it until it shows up on paper. This may take a while from my understanding. I too feel isolated and alone. Coming here and sharing with the ladies is the best thing happening for me. Since no one else is going through it, I can't express myself to anyone for them to understand except here. I can deal with some changes since that's how life goes but I just want some normalcy.
  • Posted

hi jamie, don'[t feel disheartened.  I know the physical symptoms are improving, they did for me around the same time as you, but yes, they were followed by sadness for a while, but that is gone now too, for me.  Hold on, talk to a therapist.  I didn't take anything, you may need something, but it does pass too.  it's awful but you are getting through it, slowly but surely.  talking to someone is good though, so I would definitely do that first.   and you've loads of support here too wink
    • Posted

Thanks so much. I just keep holding on to thinking that this down in the dumps sadness will go away too. I think I am going to talk to a therapist. I tried talking to my family but to a degree they don't understand. They keep asking me why I'm sad and to be honest I can even pinpoint a reason which is what makes think it's hormonal. The new doc prescribed me Buspirone for anxiety. But I've gone this long without taking anything, so I think I can manage and it has gotten a lot better. I still get anxiety attacks but no where near what I was having. I just hate all this crying and feeling sad.
    • Posted

you've come this far without medication ..  just talking it through might help.  I am entering month 9 of this ropey phase and feeling a whole lot better now.  I'm starting to think that this funny stage lasts 9 months like pregnancy (well hoping!)  and that I will then be in menopause!.  I've taken no meds (except a few vits at the beginning).  

It's a theory I have, that this phase takes 9 months, the natural way, what do you think, wonder if that makes sense to anyone else?   I live in hope!  

• Posted

Hope is always good. I'm hoping that menopause is not far around the corner for me either and I never thought I would say that. At least the hormones will be somewhat settled. I hope some of this never comes back. I'm trying to deal with no meds because I just don't like a lot of pills. I've tried some teas and my scripted meds but that's it. Hoping I can hang on but it's looking rocky.
    • Posted

it's all bs, it really is!  but look,  I am way less anxious than I was 3 months ago,  no crazy pains like two months ago,  head pressure has eased, not fully but better and feeling less sad and weepy.  I hope this happens for you.   I don't know if you've tried vit D3, that lifted the sadness a bit.    it's a waiting game, only it's not a fun one.   take care
    • Posted

the awful ones for 6 months up to december, dizzy, stomach probs, joint pain, anxiety and palpitations (and I mean AWFUL palpitations that had me at the hospital), then january, things started to settle, still had terrible headaches and head pressure and then it all started to improve - the odd headache, joint pain and shoulder aches started to ease up, (still have stiff shoulder though) and then this month a noticeable difference and mood so much better.   so worst symptoms every day for first 4 months, different ones for another two and now easing up HOPEFULLY confused
    • Posted

Thankyou in replying. I have had some symptoms since I was 42. I am now 46. The last 4 months has been awful. I thought I was going mad,even now I sometimes do. It's only cause of this forum I think differently. I started with pressure headaches and upset tummy about 6 months ago. Then a panic came over me and it started from there. Then on every day I had different horrible things. Feeling of depression,panic attacks about 5 a day. Anxiety so put off going a lot of places. A terrible fear over me. Frightened,not knowing where to go or what to do. Hot lots of days. I've been having physio for a really bad neck - obviously tension leading to severe headaches every day. Tinnitus,balance off. Weak and wobbly legs. Not sleeping. Sinus problems,terrible acid reflux . Odd night sweats - feeling mad. I hope I am most of the way through this horrible period.
    • Posted

That's how it's happening for me. The worst symptoms were for the first three months. These last two months things are subsiding a bit but now I have the really low mood, some gas, a little off balance, and crying all the time. It's not as bad as it was I can tell you that.
    • Posted

hi michelle..   this sounds familiar, it really does.  I had horrible migraine, 1 every few months, then increased to having 1 every say, two months, then every month, then twice a month for 4 solid years!  I was never told I might be in peri, never.  But it was hormonal, 100% certain now.  So then christmas 2014 missed a period.  Then for 6 months had weird mild chest discomfort, tiredness, but nothing major, the migraines had stopped.  I was thrilled.   Then June, I woke with a jolt in the middle of the and had a swimmy head, weakness in legs that set off a panic attack.  all downhill from there, the rest started and increased over the next 4 months, palps, dizzy, headache, gastric probs, just every symptom continuously.  The palpitation and anxiety it caused were the worst for me.   so looking at yours, it seems like a similar pattern.   Mine have eased a lot and I am really hoping that now entering month 9, that it actually finishes at 9 months and then periods may stop and then into menopause itself.  not sure, just hoping.   you are a few months behind me.  But madness sort of started getting better in jan, so after 6 months.  Hopefully same for you.   keep posting any improvements.  
    • Posted

just to add, I am now 47, so this started with the headaches at 43.
    • Posted

Yes I have tightness to breath. The silly thing is you know what it is but can't control it ! As for the reflux I have it every day at the moment and a metalic taste. I am 46 years old. I have a lovely family and I feel sorry for them putting up with me. Sometimes just a little thing like picking my daughter up from somewhere I feel hard because of the panic . Thankyou for replying to me.
    • Posted

Also not to mention a weird toothpain at the moment like a trapped nerve. Restless legs too 😕
    • Posted

yes, bad teeth sensitivity and restless legs... all I can say is that it has eased, you've just got to hang in there and believe me, I really did think I would not get through this only a few months ago.  it has been the longest wait and the worst time.   hang in there

( i controlled the panic with deep breathing, i know, easier said than done, but we don't have a lot of options but just to get through it, take care)

• Posted

I'm on my 9th month too and hope to God your theory is true!!! I was put on birth control so I'm not sure how I would be naturally.
    • Posted

how long are you on b.c.    I really hope my theory comes true too!!  this has been one long rollercoaster ride and I am ready to get off now cheesygrin
    • Posted

i am taking nothing tracy.  tried all the vitamins and magnesium etc., at first, felt no better, so stopped all except took D3 for 2 months, now even forget to take that.  I just make sure I have a balanced diet.  Now I am able to eat some sweet things again whereas I just couldn't stomach it a while back.  I drink camomile tea to relax,  use rescue remedy sometimes only now and take over the counter stuff sometimes for acid reflux, but I don't need it a lot now.  was offered HRT because of bad aches and palpitations, but didn't take it.   
    • Posted

My issue I have my eyes get real tight, this darn feeling in my head. It's only the week before I start my cycle . Now I seem to get a little twitching on my tounge. I was ok until December they gave me BC I started feeling funny so I got off them quickly I was only taking them for a week . So I didn't think nothing of it.. Dec and Jan was awful for me now it's just horrible symptoms of PMS what I call it. I am finally having cycles without taking provera . I am praying it wil get better my PCP said let it take its course it's because you jumped off the BC.. Hmm is it? Idk but we all have the same symptoms and you guys didn't get off BC. The test they ran said low progesterone. But will that make you have those weird feelings in your head.. So many questions and no answers. Maybe I need to a avoid sweets . I need natural ideas.
    • Posted

9 months now ever since this started. I got put on antidepressants and BC. I'm thinking now HRT was the way to go. I couldn't get off the couch for almost 2 months. Literally all day long I was sleeping like primal sleep. I was so fatigued. I had neighbor helping with grocery. It was SO awful as I couldn't even help myself.
    • Posted

tracy, I just felt that taking anything would make it all worse.   there were times when I really wanted hrt then I would think about it and convinced myself that it would settle so I waited and waited it out.   even vitamins and other herbal stuff didn't help, so i stopped searching for something and just ate properly, and it was hard.  but now i feel like i am definitely improving.   if it all kicks off again, then i will for sure take hrt.  would not be able to do it all again, but hopefully the hormones have settled, i'll give it a while longer.  take care.  (do try vitamin d3, this definitely helped me).  look it up  vitamin D3 and hormones)
    • Posted

although things have settled for me, if this was to kick off badly for me again, I would definitely take HRT,  it's all about quality of life and to go through more months of that would be too much.  take care.
    • Posted

I get that weird teeth feeling. Either my gums are sore, or a particular tooth will play up. Then it vanishes. (Which is good since I'm terrified of the dentist too). I seemed to be terrified of everything these days.  I have tried 'chair yoga' its quite nice. It does help and it's better than sitting or kneeling on the floor which hurts!
    • Posted

yes the teeth thing makes you think like you have developed some awful gum disease.  then it passes.  it's like every other symptom of this mad time, feels so strange that you think you have everything serious AND all at the same time!   
    • Posted

Hi

I've just been prescribed HRT patches. So I am going to start them tonight. Fingers crossed

• Posted

i have the patches too, Evorel patches, but as i said, haven't taken them... YET!   Please let me know how you feel on them and what improves.  I was given Evorel 50 to take for first two weeks and then Evorel conti with oestrogen and progesterone for second two weeks, is this what you have?
    • Posted

I have just picked up Evorel patches and utrogestan capsules. I will start them tonight. I will post updates here x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.