Feeling off and spaced out

Posted , 65 users are following.

Does anyone feel spaced out and just numb from Anxiety. It's a weird feeling to try and describe but just don't feel right. It's like the mind has shut off. I find myself trying to remember what I did yesterday to snap myself out of it but it's tough so it's like I am getting dementia. It seems to go away when I don't think about it but as we all know that's very hard to do. It scares me so much because I think it has to be something else then anxiety and depression. It's like I have lived the past two weeks in a dream like state. I have been on Cit for 3 weeks now so hopefully this will go away sometime. I am worried it never will. sad

8 likes, 142 replies

142 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Yadeed, all sounds like side effects of Cit and symptoms of anxiety so take comfort abd reassurance from that.

Your side effects will go soon as your in week 3 and after that anxiety symptoms will start to improve, so that's all positive.

your not suffering anything else otherwise it wouldn't go when you stopped thinking about it.

• Posted

Its just such a scary feeling. I feel like I am just sitting here and the world is moving without me. I am so scared and lost. I dont know what to do anymore. I spend the entire day in a panic I am dying. I cant be myself. 2 weeks on 20mg Cit and a week and a half on the 40mg. I have had anxiety before and I have never felt like this for this long. The cit worked 7 years ago but then I went off it cold turkey. I feel like I will never be ok. I am sorry for a lot of post over the past few weeks and if they seem similiar. It is just so tough.
  • Posted

Would anyone be able to go into specifics about how they have felt and being in another world or not feeling a part of the earth
    • Posted

Hi yes it's like someone flicking a switch on and off, split second loss of concentration and feeling weird

• Posted

Mine is like i am watching everyone live a fun life in front of me. I am watching and thinking i can't do what they are doing even if tried. It is depressing and will soon go away. Do not be too hard on yourself. Have faith and give it some time

• Posted

I know how you feel!!.  When I take a panic attack or suffer from anxiety, everything seems to be slow motion, I can't remember what I did this morning!!.  What meds are you on?, I'm on gabapentin, amiltryptaline.  These do help with the racing heart beat.
    • Posted

I started on 20mg of CIt for 2 weeks now up to 40mg for 10 days. The Doctor also gave me Xanax to take when needed. I just can't shake this feeling and dont want to deal with it anymore. Its all that occupies my mind now.
  • Posted

I was on Cit, ended up eating them like sweets!!, they did'nt help me, but, everybody is different.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I know this sounds daft, take deep breaths.  I really thought something serious was wrong with me at the beginning.  I've had this for 4 years now and take each day as it comes, I plan my day and I take my meds everywhere I go.

• Posted

Thank you for your words. I just cant understand why I feel so out of it and anxious. Even at times I feel relaxed and comfortable and still feel like I am in a dream. So scary
    • Posted

I was at my friends yesterday, all of a sudden I started to sweat, feel dizzy and her words were like echo's, I don't know where that came from.  The attacks are scary.  I feel that this illness is understated and there is a lot of ignorance attached to it.  Would'nt wish it on anybody!!!
  • Posted

Omg. I am going through the same thing. Right now, I'm in a dream like state and it is so scary. Almost wanting to die. Im fearing that I am going crazy but I know deep down, its just anxiety..
  • Posted

I feel 100% the same , it is really scary and worrying , I am on 2 1/2 weeks of 20mg citalopram and am scared that this feeling like I'm stood outside looking at me from outside my window won't go away ! I really really hope cit starts to even me out , even driving is hard work and I can't return to work yet , I feel like a zombie !
  • Edited

Yadeed, I think the first few weeks being on any antidpressants is always hell.  It seems to take a while for your body to even out and get used to the medication.  Ironically, a common side effect of lot of antidepressants is suicide ideation.  This is what I suffered through for the first two weeks of being on Quetiapine and Paroxetine.  I had to re-affirm each day why I wished to keep living.  That was only three weeks ago and I think how crazy that was because I definitely am not suicidal.  Bloody tired of this anxiety yes, but not suicidal.
  • Posted

Hi ya deed I know I probably won't get a response because how long ago this was, but I need to ask for some reassurance today, I have bad anxiety, and am on Zoloft for 2 1/2 weeks and I just feel like I am in a dream and not my self and I'm really scared I'll never get better, do you feel better now?? sad I'm also 16 and on 50 mg this feeling is so scary and foreign like I don't feel right
    • Posted

i feel the exact way you do numb and out of it like a dream state i had to cut my 25 mg in half of zoloft because i thought it was too much for me im already on day 5 of taking zoloft and its horrible hoping to get better soon. also is yours worse when your alone?
    • Posted

Hey I am 16 and feel all of a sudden different. I feel like I'm not connected to my body. I may just be worrying or thinking to much.
    • Posted

its a symptom of anxiety sad try to relax and as hard as it sounds try to get your mind off it
    • Posted

It's very scary! It's happened for a few days now. When I wake up I feel fine but I think it's because I have it on my mind it comes back! Thanks for talking to me, it helps a lot! 
    • Posted

its calles depersonalization really scary I'm dealing with it atm
    • Posted

i believe so but in order for it to go away you have to try and not focus on it and treat the anxiety. try to have a idgaf attitude when it comes easier said than done. it happens because your brain tries to protect you from stress
    • Posted

Hi guys I am also 16 years old and I have bad anxiety and I had derelazation and it is very scary and I been on Zoloft for 3 and a half weeks and I got alittle better but still feel off, I just am scared I'll never feel better again it's so hard not feeling right sad
    • Posted

i know trust me im on my first week of sertraline i feel a lil improvement try not focusing too much on it i know its hard rolleyes
    • Posted

I guess we all just have to be strong, and fight through this, eventually it has to pass
    • Posted

is yours worse when your alone and you try to focus on something?
    • Posted

I just want all of this to go away and be forgotten and feel normal and happy again, I just feel so out of it yk
    • Posted

yeah me too sad i dont even think i can go to my aunts house tmw because of it rolleyes I'm afraid ill be so out of it and lose control it sucks so bad. were u depressed too before starting zoloft?
    • Posted

I really suggest you go to your aunts it will help, I wasn't depressed I just had very bad anxiety but Zoloft is working but I still feel still out of it alittle bit I'm gonna see how I feel in 2 more weeks to give the Zoloft a real chance to work 4-6 weeks is when it starts to work so we gotta just stick with it, depression and anxiety is like a flu or a cold eventually it has to get better, so just think positive
    • Posted

is it hard for u to eat also? and does it get worse when you're stressed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.